IGNORED

Neil Shipperley!! Seriously, WTF!!! Warning, story may cause distress.

Tipps69

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I look at older Generations and see how they've been through terrible wars etc and seen awful things...yet they got on with life. 

I look at older generations and see how they’ve buried the pain, the shock, the impact. How an entire generation dealt with loss, pain and emotion. They never dealt with it. But yes, they got on with life. They just had to. That was just how it was.

But just imagine how much better their lives could be if they could feel they could talk openly about it all 

Just  imagine  

8 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

No offence spud but talking to a minor about what older generations have been through after they been violated by a adult wont help the situation.

Are you for real?

Huh? What are you on about? What Minor? Who's talking? Lost me completely...think this has been taken all out of context.

Best leave it... obviously an emotive subject, and Tipsy thought it right to give a warning. Fair enough.

Think it's best to leave it...it's only going to go one way.

9 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Was anybody here distressed about reading about barry bennel?

I dont mind admiting i was, but because it doent concern me i shouldnt worry?

Great thinking that.

What amazes me is what has gone on in the Catholic Church. The biggest child abuse organisation in the world and yet go to Rome this Christmas and St Peters square will be packed to the rafters with people hoping to get a wave from the pope.  

14 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

End of the day buddy if they girls dad read this, you would hang your head in shame.

Sorry you have to read about abuse in newspapers.

This is why people wont speak out cause theres people who will try to mock the situation.

Hope you are proud.

What the hell are you on about? No one is mocking.

All that was pointed out, was that the OPs title warning of 'distress', didn't mention the topic.

It could have been a story about anything. No one knew, until they read the article as to what it was about.

I pointed out, that everyone is effected by something. Cancer, all illnesses, abuse, war, famine, poverty, mental health etc, etc, etc...all these subjects are spoken about freely in the news, media...even as Subjects on soaps and in films for people's entertainment.

You can't avoid it...

So are you saying all these distressing subjects have to be avoided?

Basically by avoiding, you are boxing any feelings away...the opposite to what you are saying about opening up.

It's tragic these things happen...

I really do think you've misread everything, the intention, and misunderstood.

No one is mocking.

Like I said...everyone has been and is affected by something tragic. Avoiding it, won't heal it.

Thought you were stepping away?

So if i made comments about people who commit sucide then said think what others been through, would you think that was a bit off?

You only got to look through some of the comments you made to see i havent misread anything, you even put the term abuse in comas, explain that 1 away why dont you.

Spud as a football coach you are someone somebody might confide in.

How do you think you are coming across?

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Thought you were stepping away?

So if i made comments about people who commit sucide then said think what others been through, would you think that was a bit off?

You only got to look through some of the comments you made to see i havent misread anything, you even put the term abuse in comas, explain that 1 away why dont you.

Spud as a football coach you are someone somebody might confide in.

How do you think you are coming across?

I really do think you've completely misunderstood the comments.

As for the comments on Suicide...I stand by it. What I saw and went through was awful...but not as bad as his mother and sister who needed counciling.

Everyone copes with things in different ways.

My way of coping, was being realistic. However awful...it is life and there is always someone worse off than yourself. Someone going through the same or worse.

You get one life...you either let it destroy yours, or deal with it the best way you can and move on and get on with being positive.

I guess everyone is different...it doesn't mean anyone is wrong or right. You deal with the shit life throws at you in your own personal way.

Perhaps I'm hard...but I don't want to be on my death bed, wishing I hadn't wasted it, by being distressed about everything life throws at us.

I know these type of horrors destroy people's lives. Those abused...and those close to them. My best friend's sister and mother were greatly effected...and it ruined their lives.

So I'm not mocking...I get it.

However everyone deals with life in different ways.

Avoiding the issues isn't going to help.

Imo...you have to hit them head on...not box them away and avoid them.

Some call it Cathartic.

No one is right...no one is wrong.

Everyone deals with life there own way.

Some choose to let it destroy them...others find energy and think positively. Some even have black humour...often found in the forces and emergency services, as they see horror daily.

You do what you have to do.

10 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Spud there really is no misunderstanding, your very first post here, you say you are more worried about people who are distressed over this story.

I think that sums it up without the rest of the comments.

8 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Why do you think tipps gave a warning?

I guess some people are more sensible than others.

I give up...you obviously don't understand.

I'm sorry you feel distressed over a story.

Why did you open it to read if there was a warning if so easily distressed?

34 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Thats the 2nd time you gave up in a hour.

And secondly i heard the story on talk sport hours before so i wasnt going in blind.

So you chose to get distressed again...kinnel...you couldn't make it up ?

I'm starting to think you are one of those that gets offended and distressed on behalf of others.

I'm now distressed about having a heated debate with a random on a forum...Nurse...my medication ?

Btw....fyi... that's called black humour ?

Enjoy your day...

Have to say I'm  kind of in your camp Spud.

I see where your Coming from exactly. 

I am a father and a husband, and although I was surprised to read about NS I didn't find myself distressed by the story; more disgusted and repulsed by his actions.

Abuse and problems of all kinds has many forms, we all deal with things differently. 

4 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

It didnt describe what he did on talk sport, i like many here thought he was normal.

Ever heard of a thing called empathy.

Your black humour/ mocking aint funny btw.

So its black humour right.

You strike me as a man of your word, so humour indicates to me there is fun involved?

Right ok thanks for explaning.

With the greatest respect Louie, you seem to be over reacting a bit, taking things a little out of context. 

Maybe take a step back form the forum today and sleep on it?

back on track  - woah, what a bizarre, disturbing case. The bloke looks an absolute mess and it seems like his life has fallen apart since football - not that that's an excuse for what he did. I'm repulsed by this and would love to absolutely clatter him. At the same time, he obviously needs some kind of help because his world has clearly spun off its axis since his career ended. 

On 19/12/2019 at 08:01, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone else think that is a shockingly poor penalty (no pun intended) to pay for such a vile act?

Not only is it wrong full stop, but to follow someone in that way is very disturbing.

If the daughter was younger than 16 I assume he would have been treated as a paedophile and put on a sex offenders list?

yes, completely agree. The sentence is neither here nor there -  it's a cop out sentence that neither punishes him nor seeks to address the serious mental issues he has. 

4 hours ago, spudski said:

So you chose to get distressed again...kinnel...you couldn't make it up ?

I'm starting to think you are one of those that gets offended and distressed on behalf of others.

I'm now distressed about having a heated debate with a random on a forum...Nurse...my medication ?

Btw....fyi... that's called black humour ?

Enjoy your day...

If I may be so bold, just drop it.

I have 'been there' with your forum foe - it is not worth it.

Archived