IGNORED

These are your players LJ.....no excuses

Lez

How many transfer windows yet we still dont have any philosophy any particular tactical strength or any idea what our best side.

2 more strikers in Jan? How many times have you had this opportunity?

You have lost Reid Bryan and Webster....losses.....but you have had so many resources that it is no excuse.

So disappointing frustrating annoying but we need direction!!!!

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

How many transfer windows yet we still dont have any philosophy any particular tactical strength or any idea what our best side.

2 more strikers in Jan? How many times have you had this opportunity?

You have lost Reid Bryan and Webster....losses.....but you have had so many resources that it is no excuse.

So disappointing frustrating annoying but we need direction!!!!

New manager would be good now. The club needs a refresh

2 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Think if we really want to push onto the next level and get into the Prem I think Johnson needs to go. Get Chris Hughton in, someone who can definitely take us up. 

He reportedly turned down Watford because he thought he could do better. He can afford to bide his time until the right club comes along. I doubt that club is us.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

He reportedly turned down Watford because he thought he could do better. He can afford to bide his time until the right club comes along. I doubt that club is us.

To be fair I dont Houghton can do any better than watford

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

‘Better’ isn’t necessarily decided by league position, it will be about the ‘project’ as whole. I could totally see us as a more enticing prospect than a club that changes its manager every few months. 

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Watford have a history of giving managers little to no time and go on a managerial merry-go-round and are bottom of the Prem, if not then not sure who else to go for but it's clear we need a change, maybe Karanka? 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

‘Better’ isn’t necessarily decided by league position, it will be about the ‘project’ as whole. I could totally see us as a more enticing prospect than a club that changes its manager every few months. 

Fair comment. I have my doubts though that the kind of 'name' manager some of our fans crave would accept being head coach and not having complete control. Assuming that we could meet their wage demands anyway.

3 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Watford have a history of giving managers little to no time and go on a managerial merry-go-round and are bottom of the Prem, if not then not sure who else to go for but it's clear we need a change, maybe Karanka? 

Karanka is an interesting one. Though when he was on Sky recently he was coy when asked if he might end up back at Middlesbrough. Perhaps he is waiting for Woodgate to be sacked!

Surely from what I see today the problem is in midfield. The back 3/4 are pretty competitive, strong and fairly solid but the midfield area is lacking in pace, competitiveness and creativity. I’ve now seen Kasey Palmer half a dozen times,  and he has been off the pace, unable to retain possession and lacking in commitment. If the forward, searching pass is his strength then he isn’t consistent enough at this level. O’Dowda is  is similarly slow and takes the wrong option too many times. Nagy and Massengo are promising but lacking drive and commitment. Korey Smith added some stability with his ball-winning and linking work but he is still short of game time. 

1 minute ago, Lez said:

How many windows has he actually had?

Must be 6 now. Thanks for all you’ve done Lee.  You’ve always had the clubs best interests at heart and I believe you’ve always believed you could do it. But you cannot. You’re not a winner. We need a winner. 

4 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Ffs he’s only signed 40 odd players what’s he ment to do with that?

I believe the official number is 64, which obviously does include some signings that were never meant for the first team immediately, but still, it's enough to expect better, because we haven't made any progress on the pitch since we beat United

2 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I believe the official number is 64, which obviously does include some signings that were never meant for the first team immediately, but still, it's enough to expect better, because we haven't made any progress on the pitch since we beat United

We should be able to field 4 decent sides with that 

3 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Majority have been duff signings.....hegeler djuric Matthew's engvall eisa Taylor odowda oneil Wright pisano Magnússon lucic ekstrand adelukaan Walsh Watkins. Useless.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Complaining about the style of play then suggesting Karanka as a replacement...

Jesus wept.

My issue isn't the style of play particularly, it's the fact we go on a losing run every season around this time of year which costs us a playoff place, we haven't made any progress on the pitch since we beat United and if LJ was going to take us up I think this season was his last chance, just my opinion though. 

Archived