IGNORED

These are your players LJ.....no excuses

Lez

1 hour ago, J-mat said:

We are literally just outside the playoffs in the most competitive division in the world.

**** me sideways.

Wake up J. 

We're playing the worst football we have played under Lee and he's spent £40m on his squad. Korey is literally the last Cotts player left, and he was the best of a shit bunch in that midfield today. 

Our improvement under LJ is almost directly resultant of increased spending. I bet with Williams and our bloated squad we'll be lucky to not bust the £25m mark in wages this season. 

2 hours ago, Lez said:

Majority have been duff signings.....hegeler djuric Matthew's engvall eisa Taylor odowda oneil Wright pisano Magnússon lucic ekstrand adelukaan Walsh Watkins. Useless.

Brownhill, Tammy, Kalas, Webster, Bentley, Dasilva, Hunt, Massengo, Nagy, Afobe, Eliasson, Baker, Dhiedhou, Williams, Weimann, Maenpaa.

2 hours ago, J-mat said:

No, this isn't criticism. 

There's no analysis of the performance, no understanding of why we lost, no considering all factors. 

It's just nasty and pathetic individuals who can barely spell, let alone understand the game, slagging off the manager they never wanted and never liked. 

Christ people are saying get Hughton and Karanka but in the same breath moaning about the quality of "entertainment". That demonstrates completely that these people don't have a ******* clue what they're talking about. 

Honestly, would rather they just ****** off. Their toxicity has been a major problem for the club and it's players for decades. 

Disgraceful. 

Tbf Hughton had Brighton playing really good football in the champ, just reverted to defensive football to survive the prem. 

Agree on Karanka though. 

I would also add there are a number of posters on here who are very knowledgeable about football that are getting tired of Johnson.

9 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Tbf Hughton had Brighton playing really good football in the champ, just reverted to defensive football to survive the prem. 

Agree on Karanka though. 

I would also add there are a number of posters on here who are very knowledgeable about football that are getting tired of Johnson.

To question what Chris Hughton has over LJ (at this moment in time) is laughable.

How about, i've got the Tshirt.. i've been there and won things, for a start.

3 hours ago, J-mat said:

No, this isn't criticism. 

There's no analysis of the performance, no understanding of why we lost, no considering all factors. 

It's just nasty and pathetic individuals who can barely spell, let alone understand the game, slagging off the manager they never wanted and never liked. 

Christ people are saying get Hughton and Karanka but in the same breath moaning about the quality of "entertainment". That demonstrates completely that these people don't have a ******* clue what they're talking about. 

Honestly, would rather they just ****** off. Their toxicity has been a major problem for the club and it's players for decades. 

Disgraceful. 

That should be 'its players' 

20 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Why only partially correct, 

Maybe I'm wrong then. Criss purposes.

This time last year though, we were somewhere in midtable- wasn't until the 2nd half of the season that we steadily kicked into playoff chasing form.  Was a bit of a rollercoaster though but after 23 games in 2018/19, well I'll look at the table now.

We had 31 points and were 7 off the top 6- going nowhere fast! Yet on a bit of a mini revival all the same, a slow one though. Didn't get any better after the draw with Brentford but crucially we kept a slow unbeaten run, a bit of a platform going.

Two seasons ago was a one, the one for me. We should have finished top 6- worth looking at the table on Boxing Day and again after the 2-1 loss to Wolves and extrapolating what it was at 1-0...we well and truly blew top 6 that year!

Three seasons ago, we were worse off than last year- the rot had set in and LJ was in the middle of what was to be his- and our- record losing streak, in the League at least- we were losing, narrowly but losing all the same.

So if you meant the past 3 seasons, each had a different narrative- if you meant the past 3 including this one ie the Cup run season to this, they aren't wildly similar or identical.

This was the table at this stage last season.

As It Stood

Team P GD Pts
1   Leeds 23 19 48
2   Norwich 23 15 47

3   West Brom 23 19 42
4   Middlesbrough 23 9 39
5   Derby 23 7 39
6   Sheff Utd 23 9 38

7   Nottm Forest 23 9 35
8   Birmingham 23 8 34
9   Stoke 23 3 34
10   QPR 23 -4 34
11   Aston Villa 23 8 33
12   Swansea 23 2 32
13   Bristol City 23 1 31
14   Blackburn 23 -5 31
15   Preston 23 -3 28
16   Hull 23 -6 27
17   Sheff Wed 23 -11 27
18   Brentford 23 0 25
19   Wigan 23 -10 25
20   Rotherham 23 -15 22
21   Reading 23 -9 19

22   Millwall 23 -11 19
23   Bolton 23 -16 18
24   Ipswich 23 -19 15
View full Championship table

6 hours ago, J-mat said:

Their toxicity has been a major problem for the club and it’s players for decades. 

Ok, so you pick up people on their spelling whilst calling them ‘nasty and pathetic’ .... in your last line above it should be ‘its’ in that context - grammar is equally as important as spelling - bet you blame ‘predictive text’ yet mine doesn’t change ‘its’ to ‘it’s’ ....

Anyway, you seem rather angry tonight, I’ve seen you offering to fight people on here, presumably because they disagree with you - it’s just a game, not that important ... sorry to have disturbed ...

9 hours ago, Fuber said:

I bet with Williams and our bloated squad we'll be lucky to not bust the £25m mark in wages this season. 

Dunno how we want to measure it but purely taking BCFC Holdings total, it was up around that two seasons ago!

Last season, again using the most accessible figure  (in both cases gross, including pension, social security, maybe others etc)? Listed as around £30.54m.

May well be up and beyond that already basically! Would have to look in depth at how club wage bills etc stated and measured, it might give clearer figures still.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't even think all of those Lez listed were all that bad either.

Where would you stuck Pisano- middling?

Yes. Pisano wasn’t a disastrous signing by any stretch.

I’ve been critical of LJ this weekend but the recruitment argument isn’t a strong one against him. Recruitment is hit and miss at all clubs - especially those where the budget doesn’t enable you to always buy proven talent or cherry pick the best youngsters. We have to take chances sometimes. At the end of the day, the players LJ has purchased overall have ultimately improved the club and taken us up the league table - and in some cases had huge resale value to enable us to balance the books.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yes. Pisano wasn’t a disastrous signing by any stretch.

I’ve been critical of LJ this weekend but the recruitment argument isn’t a strong one against him. Recruitment is hit and miss at all clubs - especially those where the budget doesn’t enable you to always buy proven talent or cherry pick the best youngsters. We have to take chances sometimes. At the end of the day, the players LJ has purchased overall have ultimately improved the club and taken us up the league table - and in some cases had huge resale value to enable us to balance the books.

We have a very good squad of players. It's the tactical decisions he is getting wrong imo.

20 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

For those who watched this and talked with Sheff Wed fans after the gmae, very little, if anything between the two sides. 

One widely tipped for Top 6,the other subjected to ridiculous comments on here by numpties who dont go to games. 

Yes, they were poor yesterday, we were awful though.

Did I have to travel to Sheffield yesterday to have the right to give my opinion??

Or, does travelling all over the country watching City for over 40 years not make me as qualified as you? 

When I see a City side devoid of ideas, skill, shape, desire ,and not able to retain the ball for more than 3-4 passes, I will voice my opinion and also put it on here.

So get off your high horse super fan.

It does make me laugh how you can only be one of two different fans on this forum.

1. Johnson in. Automatically makes you a happy clapper with rose tinted glasses, happy with mediocrity and if you far remember toon progress year on year that doesn’t seem to be a positive anymore.

2. Johnson out. Automatically makes you angry at Johnson, S.L., Ashton, etc demanding any manager under the sun who has managed a team that has once been in the top two of championship even if you just an afternoon will do better.

Cant we all just get along at Christmas? :(

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno how we want to measure it but purely taking BCFC Holdings total, it was up around that two seasons ago!

Last season, again using the most accessible figure  (in both cases gross, including pension, social security, maybe others etc)? Listed as around £30.54m.

May well be up and beyond that already basically! Would have to look in depth at how club wage bills etc stated and measured, it might give clearer figures still.

If £30m in wages buys you the level of ineptitude our players manage at times, they must be laughing all the way to the bank. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If £30m in wages buys you the level of ineptitude our players manage at times, they must be laughing all the way to the bank. 

Welcome to modern football!

De Gea's error yesterday...his purported salary is over half our entire possible wage bill (based on those figures).

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you are a player, £10-20k a week, nice city, good facilities- just before Christmas.

How guaranteed is it that said player will bust a gut? Not just a City problem btw!

Archived