IGNORED

RODRI

Sniper

I know we've hardly seen anything of this lad, but I still think there's a quality player in there somewhere.

He's strong for his size, lays the ball off well, and pretty nippy as well.

I just think he's going to be one of these players that we let go without giving him a chance, then see him banging the goals in elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I know we've hardly seen anything of this lad, but I still think there's a quality player in there somewhere.

I just think he's going to be one of these players that we let go without giving him a chance, then see him banging the goals in elsewhere.

I’d agree that he’s shown some signs of promise, but I expect there were Sheffield Wednesday fans who may have thought similar, when he left there. 

Technically decent and seems a good pro, but I’m not sure he’s any better than Matty Taylor. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d agree that he’s shown some signs of promise, but I expect there were Sheffield Wednesday fans who may have thought similar, when he left there. 

Technically decent and seems a good pro, but I’m not sure he’s any better than Matty Taylor. 

I think Taylor is a decent player so if Rodri is the same level that will do for me.

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Contracted up to January 19th 2020, maybe his time to shine in the next few games and get a longer contract?

Where did you find the date of the 19th from Phantom.  I can’t find it anywhere, assumed it was option to end of Jan???

I would keep him around until we know the fate of any forwards we are looking to recruit.

Think Matty Taylor will go permie to Oxford.  Wages saved, smallish fee, hometown club, etc.  Win:win.  Shame, I grew to like / rate Matty during his time here.

30 minutes ago, Sniper said:

We let him go and replaced him with Rodrigo 

30 minutes ago, Sniper said:

He’s 29 and never been a prolific scorer anywhere. If I was you I wouldn’t worry. 

32 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Eisa? by any chance.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Where did you find the date of the 19th from Phantom.  I can’t find it anywhere, assumed it was option to end of Jan???

I would keep him around until we know the fate of any forwards we are looking to recruit.

Think Matty Taylor will go permie to Oxford.  Wages saved, smallish fee, hometown club, etc.  Win:win.  Shame, I grew to like / rate Matty during his time here.

@DavefevsApologies it's the 15th

Screenshot_20191230-120422_Twitter.jpg

I don’t see him as the type of player who gets the ball and runs at the opposition. To me he’s a penalty area player. We need to get the ball in there and to his feet or cross the ball low for him to run onto. Let’s give him 90 minutes at home to the mighty Shrewsbury and see what happens. But we have to give him the right service.

30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

We let him go and replaced him with Rodrigo 

I doubt Rodri is earning less than Taylor - I would prefer we bring back Taylor - think he has shown he is much more of an impact sub than Rodri.

We would hardly lose much of a transfer fee from Oxford by letting Taylor see out his contract with us.

Clearly LJ was testing Rodri yesterday which was a shame, as I would have liked to give Semenyo a chance in a no pressure situation (unless he is definitely off to Sunderland on loan as reported).

From what I've seen of him I'd rather have Taylor back if we only sign one striker in January. Obviously if we don't sign any then extend his contract as well as recall Taylor. Sounds like we may have virtually signed one though so i would let him go it that's the case.

15 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I doubt Rodri is earning less than Taylor - I would prefer we bring back Taylor - think he has shown he is much more of an impact sub than Rodri.

We would hardly lose much of a transfer fee from Oxford by letting Taylor see out his contract with us.

Clearly LJ was testing Rodri yesterday which was a shame, as I would have liked to give Semenyo a chance in a no pressure situation (unless he is definitely off to Sunderland on loan as reported).

Can’t disagree with any of that logic.  I think a deal might already have been done though.

46 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Personally I think he'll be gone January assuming we sign at least one forward, he's not playing enough to justify the wage

Agreed, and as for taylor, good pro though he may be, his level is league 1. For us to progress we need better quality in the squad. taylor and rodri out with ntekiah in would be a big improvement in quality if you ask me.

I don’t think Rodri is bad but comparisons with Taylor are fair. Think he could do a job off the bench like Matty often did but hopefully a striker incoming means Fam/Weimann becomes the sub off the bench. Though that would be risky if one gets injured or suspended.

Idk if Rodri will be on loads mind. He wouldn’t have been making much at Granada I wouldn’t have thought. Might be worth keeping him around even if he doesn’t make the bench. I know we talk about wasted wages but we are already halfway through the season and the 200-300k for the rest of the season is relatively cheap to make sure we have enough striking options should something go wrong. 

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

From what I've seen of him I'd rather have Taylor back if we only sign one striker in January. Obviously if we don't sign any then extend his contract as well as recall Taylor. Sounds like we may have virtually signed one though so i would let him go it that's the case.

Agree 100%...

Seen a fair bit of Rodri & sadly he just doesn't cut the mustard ..move on.

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Personally I think he'll be gone January assuming we sign at least one forward, he's not playing enough to justify the wage

Needs a pay as you play contract. Not enough of them these days :whistle2:

On a serious note, he moves about well enough, and holds it up ok, but looks about as likely to score as Bas Savage.

27 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I have to say that I don't think Rodri adds anything to our squad.  Would prefer the snake personally.

That said, we haven't really been able to give him too many chances.  I think he might work in a Barca style formation though.

Not in a football sense

but each to their own.

Archived