IGNORED

Bristol City v Wayne Rooney's Derby County Match Day 32

Septic Peg

Evening.

Ah. I've been looking forward to this. 

Ever since Frankie dropped Derby like the proverbial hot potato and ran home to Chelsea, the latest saviour for the ultimate chokers Derby is none other than Wayne Rooney.

Now, I've made it clear on many occasions that I'm no fan of him. On the pitch, I've always thought of him as overrated. Yes, he has records and his goal to game ratio is 1 goal every 2 games roughly but he isn't the most skilled player and he wasn't speedy. Compare him to eternal sicknote Michael Owen who could literally whiz around defenders and pull them out of position. This isn't Rooney's forte. Accurate yes I'll admit but a real goal hanger. I know people will argue with me just because of his records. But meh. ?‍♀️

Plus he played for Man U and they suck.

Then off the pitch, he could make Cathy Barry blush with his antics. If half of what is suggested is true, the bloke needs to start using his brain rather than his genitals. #WeStandWithColleen

I also feel for Cocu. The poor guy has been usurped. Rooney started coaching at the end of November last year and started playing for the team in January, being involved in a number of league and and FA Cup games, scoring 3 so far. A spate of draws and losses flowed following his coaching career at Pride Park but a revival since he became a player alongside his coaching role has seen Cocu less warranted by the media and Rooney front and centre. You can't blame the fella. You and I can see EXACTLY what's going to happen come the summer. I hope Cocu has a decent severage pay clause in his contract.

So that's why I want Baker to end his little cameo tonight. Smarmy little git.

On to tonight...

Tom Lawrence (the one that got absolutely steaming, wrapped his Range around a lamppost and conveniently forgot his mate was in the back) will no doubt play after scoring the winner against Swansea a few days ago. Hope Baker takes him out inall. 

As for us, allegedly Kalas is back now but I won't hold my breath as last time I was completely wrong (thanks BBC Sport). Hopefully Palmer is ok and well enough to play and Nahki Wells finally makes the starting line up.

Our home form is dismal and Derby are coming off the back of 3 wins in a row. I think a draw would be a fair result based on form but can see this one edging towards Derby...

Final point and probably the most important. In honour of Poplar Insulation founder Mike Nolan, Scotty is organising a minutes applause on the 57th. Please emphatically join in. RIP Mike. 

COYRs!

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not a fan of dropping baker 

Yea don't understand that, if you move to a 3 I can see why you might, even then I can't say I understand dropping a player who has been an absolute beast for us recently for a bloke who cost us a goal but hey, at least he's dropped Weimann. 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not a fan of dropping baker 

I agree. I get the argument for Benkovic starting but Baker has been immense. I would have gone for starting  Baker over Williams I think but I also think is harsh to drop either.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Where's Nagy now?

I presume not fully fit still...

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

No Nagy or Massengo in the squad. KP back on the bench though which I like.

IMO Massengo has been dropped to the naughty step after Friday's lacklustre showing. Probably sensible, but would have been interesting to see a battle of ******* Massive hair v Massively Fake hair in Massengo v Rooney.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Where's Nagy now?

Weird one isn’t it? I hope it doesn’t turn out to be another flop after showing such early promise. One wonders if he continues to feel “home sick” then a return to Italy could be on the cards in the summer.

Archived