IGNORED

New music you're listening to

Kid in the Riot

On 05/04/2020 at 08:50, Port Said Red said:

The have been going a while now, but anything by Public Service Broadcasting. 

Also Sean Rowe, again not a new performer as such but has become more popular recently.

Saw PSB twice last month on successive nights at Oxford and then Bournemouth.

Absolutely superb show on both nights, well supported by a trio called Pale Blue Eyes whose best song sounds eerily like "She Sells Sanctuary" from the Cult. 

PSB supported the Manics last December & knocked me off my feet, thought they were so unusual but clever. Bought tickets to Bath Forum in May where they were fantastic again and have since bought their four main albums. 

• Like 1

Went to the Louisianna last night to see the Big AC Records Live soul Review. It's a label worth checking out, 3 female singers and Nick Corbin (ex New Street Adventure) , with a great backing band. Each singer is great, Carmy Love, Abi Farell and Emma Nobel all singers in their own right.

This is Carmy Love from earlier this year .

On 04/11/2022 at 22:30, Hamdon Mart said:

Saw PSB twice last month on successive nights at Oxford and then Bournemouth.

Absolutely superb show on both nights, well supported by a trio called Pale Blue Eyes whose best song sounds eerily like "She Sells Sanctuary" from the Cult. 

PSB supported the Manics last December & knocked me off my feet, thought they were so unusual but clever. Bought tickets to Bath Forum in May where they were fantastic again and have since bought their four main albums. 

PSB are fantastic. I've seen them numerous times over the years.

For me, they filled the void left by early OMD. Using recordings of language and putting music to it. And unusual themes...WW2, the space race, Welsh mining etc etc. 

I still get goosebumps when the music kicks in after they make contact from travelling around the far side of the moon. A visual as well as musical experience.

• Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

PSB are fantastic. I've seen them numerous times over the years.

For me, they filled the void left by early OMD. Using recordings of language and putting music to it. And unusual themes...WW2, the space race, Welsh mining etc etc. 

I still get goosebumps when the music kicks in after they make contact from travelling around the far side of the moon. A visual as well as musical experience.

The Other Side, the track about the first time man orbited the moon, makes me so emotional everytime. The rise in the music coupled with the NASA commentator saying "there, there's a cheer in this room" is perfectly timed.

Also the London Can Take It track on the War Rooms EP, has a similar effect. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I watched the Louis Theroux interview with Yungblud this week and found him an intriguing character. I think if I was in my teens or early 20's he would be one of my favourite artists, I can definitely see why he is popular with a particular set of people.

I really like this track and video in particular. 

I may have mentioned her before, but got to see Brooke Combe Friday, I'll be amazed if she isn't massive in the near future. Her album came out last week, well worth a look.
Just been put on to a new band , to me at least, the Royston Club, really impressed with what they've done so far. No releases yet.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I may have mentioned her before, but got to see Brooke Combe Friday, I'll be amazed if she isn't massive in the near future. Her album came out last week, well worth a look.
Just been put on to a new band , to me at least, the Royston Club, really impressed with what they've done so far. No releases yet.

Thanks.  Needed someone new after having Lady Blackbird on repeat for months. Brooke Coombe…superb debut album on first listen. Gutted to miss her now as see she was in Bristol last week. In Manchester tomorrow but I’m here tonight and home tomorrow! Timing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Thanks.  Needed someone new after having Lady Blackbird on repeat for months. Brooke Coombe…superb debut album on first listen. Gutted to miss her now as see she was in Bristol last week. In Manchester tomorrow but I’m here tonight and home tomorrow! Timing

Took my Mrs last Friday, she hadn't heard much of her but was blown away. 
Check out Valerie June , might be up your street. 

• Like 1

I have started listening to a great band and thought I had discovered something new, as is the way with these things at my age, it runs out they have been around about 10-15 years. :) They are new to me though, so Lanterns on the Lake is my recommendation. This is a lovely track.

On 03/05/2023 at 19:31, 1960maaan said:

That bassline at the beginning sounds just like the start of Windy by The Association

36 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

That bassline at the beginning sounds just like the start of Windy by The Association

First few notes, yeah, hell of a spot that. I had to Youtube the track to remind myself.

On 04/05/2023 at 17:55, Port Said Red said:

I have started listening to a great band and thought I had discovered something new, as is the way with these things at my age, it runs out they have been around about 10-15 years. :) They are new to me though, so Lanterns on the Lake is my recommendation. This is a lovely track.

Playing Fleece on 6th Dec

Edited by Genghis Khan's pants
Missing words
  • Thanks 1

A classic pop tune that ticks nearly every box when making a ' hit'. Could be Coldplay or Snow Patrol on any other day. 

How many artists go off on their own trying to be 'artistic'...'alternative'...then come back to the basic ' hit formula'...

• Like 1