IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

12 minutes ago, ThOmO said:

16 meg broadband and no issues on pc, hdmi to tv on chrome , win 10

My issue is that the setup that I have been using for the past two years, largely without issue, has suddenly started to experience problems. If I had had problems all the time using the Smart TV browser then I would put it down to an incompatability issue and a non-supported device.

The feedback from the support team is to use the iPad app as Smart TV is not officially supported. That is fine, but when I then experience the exact same instability issues with the app then it points to an unstable service.

Will try the HDMI to TV route on Wednesday against Bournemouth.

14 minutes ago, terpin said:

My issue is that the setup that I have been using for the past two years, largely without issue, has suddenly started to experience problems. If I had had problems all the time using the Smart TV browser then I would put it down to an incompatability issue and a non-supported device.

The feedback from the support team is to use the iPad app as Smart TV is not officially supported. That is fine, but when I then experience the exact same instability issues with the app then it points to an unstable service.

Will try the HDMI to TV route on Wednesday against Bournemouth.

Me too.  Had 6 freezes today, 3 in each half.  I refresh TV browser, and lose 5-10 seconds of action each time.  Never had probs until Barnsley.  Might go IPad Pro to HDMI on Wednesday....but I’d like to know why it’s started doing this.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.  Had 6 freezes today, 3 in each half.  I refresh TV browser, and lose 5-10 seconds of action each time.  Never had probs until Barnsley.  Might go IPad Pro to HDMI on Wednesday....but I’d like to know why it’s started doing this.

I think the problem is streaming live like this is full of so many variables on both their and your end. Like I use NOW TV to watch the Nations League games through the app on my BT TV box, it’s usually great but for the last two England games it froze and buffered every 5 seconds. Switched to to the NOW TV app on my Xbox 1. . . No issues. The app on BT just isn’t as well maintained and done as the Xbox one. 

Same issue here, especially if you’re on a “non-supported” browser or device. I’m pretty sure they changed the way they stream these games (the quality seems a lot better than pre-COVID) so it could just be too much for the device app you’re using . I’d recommend, if you can of course, going with Firefox on your laptop and HDMI-ing that to your TV (wired connection best if available), I’ve had zero issues across Robins TV with that pre and post COVID. 

23 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I have a theory but would be interested in other people's setups...

If you experienced problems today, do you see your connection as supporting IPv6 in the "IPv6 connectivity" section here: https://ipv6-test.com/?

Yes, got a score of 18/20 on iPad

16/20 on tv Browser

18/20 on iphone

18/20 on Mac 

I had the same problems as everyone else for Barnsley and Middlesbrough, Stream AMG have totally ignored my emails, I like many others feel that I have been robbed of £20 quid!

Today I remembered someome saying their Firestick worked well with firefox, I did a little digging and tried Amazon silk, which is said to be a cut down version of Firefox - worked brilliant other than a brief buffering issue (200mbps)?  Well happy, first time I have been able to watch what I paid for without issues.

My conclusion it’s the app that causes the problems! Stream AMG are they not a bunch of university students trying to get rich!

Couldn't get in for first 12 minutes of Saturday's match - it said I hadn't logged in but my name appeared at the top of the screen so I obviously had   

Also froze several times during the match - not very good service at all for £10.

I have seen most of other matches at end of last season and this season without issues though so nothing to do with my configuration ( on PC using Edge and BT Broadband).

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Mine says IPV6 not supported @View from the Dolman with a score of 4/20

Hmm well maybe that blows my thoughts somewhat out of the water.

I was monitoring things in Chrome Dev Tools to see what was causing the issues and noticed that my problems seemed to occurred when the stream switched from being delivered at various points from IPv4 to IPv6. When the move from IPv4 to IPv6 happened, my browser was making the requests for the next chunk of the stream but was getting 403 Forbidden (almost as if I'm IPv6 IP address hadn't been authorised?)

Disabling IPv6 at half-time on my Windows PC, gave me an uninterrupted second half... maybe that was just good fortune?

If your setup/ISP doesn't support IPv6 then that slightly destroys my case - my theory would need everybody to be experiencing these regular freezes that seem to require a refresh was using a device and ISP that supported IPv6.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Hmm well maybe that blows my thoughts somewhat out of the water.

I was monitoring things in Chrome Dev Tools to see what was causing the issues and noticed that my problems seemed to occurred when the stream switched from being delivered at various points from IPv4 to IPv6. When the move from IPv4 to IPv6 happened, my browser was making the requests for the next chunk of the stream but was getting 403 Forbidden (almost as if I'm IPv6 IP address hadn't been authorised?)

Disabling IPv6 at half-time on my Windows PC, gave me an uninterrupted second half... maybe that was just good fortune?

If your setup/ISP doesn't support IPv6 then that slightly destroys my case - my theory would need everybody to be experiencing these regular freezes that seem to require a refresh was using a device and ISP that supported IPv6.

I have a plan.

I usually let my dad have my login so we can both watch.  But he can use red button on Wednesday and I’ll set up Mac (chrome) and iPad app side by side and see what happens.  Will be interesting to see if they freeze at the same time?

In fact I might do it Saturday, as we get a free voucher as it’s on Sky.

I came across the issues of IPV4 and 6 some time ago.  
Both my current provider and my old one said that it should not be an issue.  IPV6 is being rolled out now due to a potential shortage of IPV4 capacity and quite a few providers have not even implemented IPV6 as yet! 
This being the case any stream supplier who restricts connectivity to IPV6 is acting irresponsibly, as the vast majority of devices in the public domain are not IPV6 compatible.

This is probably why stream AMG have failed to rectify the problems and are ignoring requests for refunds!

Amateurs!

I do believe there is an error in the scripting of the app - every freeze resulted in an almost black screen, but if you looked carefully the outline of the “play” button box was still there, only quitting the app and logging in again worked, but not for long.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Interested in @View from the Dolman’s further thoughts on this.

I’m gonna reset my router ahead of Wednesday.  I prefer £10 broadcast from Robinstv to red button.

I'd prefer it more if the audio wasn't still slightly ahead of the video :) Hear the kick, see the kick. I chose to (mostly) watch last Tuesday's game on the Red Button because of this.

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

I’m currently abroad - if I pay for tomorrow’s game, will it work?

You mean 'will Bournemouth throw the match?'.

Interesting concept, especially since they have a fairly high wage bill, but that said, they are in receipt of parachute payments.

?

'Babs*' (customer service person at the streaming company), has just confirmed my refund, allow 5 to 7 days for it to show in my account, blah blah.

They also suggested I try a different browser, without actually making any suggestion as to what one they now recommend.

*Life after Pans People.

Just received my season ticket voucher for the Norwich game by email so look out for these. Loaded fine on my Robins TV account (you get a message on screen saying ‘success’ and it also appears in the ‘my account’ tab so you know it has worked). 

Quick enough to slate the service when there are problems, so just wanted to add that yesterday the stream worked without issue throughout. This was using the exact same setup as previous weeks when I've experiencd problems (watching on Smart TV). Long may it continue!

2 hours ago, thatcham red said:

Same here. Has been pretty awful with buffering up until last night, when it worked fine. Maybe some improvements behind the scenes have gone on.

I think they have too.  StreamAMG must’ve made a few refunds and thought “mmm, lots of issues”.

I can accept the odd freeze etc, as our own broadband systems are flawless....but the past couple of games was definitely an issue at their end!

Fingers crossed it’s sorted now.

Got used to it now, and actually enjoy it when at first found it so soulless. It still bugs me that it is  perhaps 30 seconds behind real time. Bet365 inform me of a goal before I see it. 
I wonder how many match day passes are bought for normal home games, or away.  As they are now refunding me my season ticket for each match  pro rata it makes to put something back into the pot. 

No buffering for Bournemouth match ?

Am out lunchtime today .... am I right in saying can't watch match on Robins TV with delayed start??

Don't have Sky so won't be able to record and watch later ...do have access to Sky Go so is match repeated on there?? Might try to watch it as if live if manage to avoid seeing score (and keep away from OTIB!)

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

No buffering for Bournemouth match ?

Am out lunchtime today .... am I right in saying can't watch match on Robins TV with delayed start??

Don't have Sky so won't be able to record and watch later ...do have access to Sky Go so is match repeated on there?? Might try to watch it as if live if manage to avoid seeing score (and keep away from OTIB!)

Correct, Robins TV is just live

Highlights here

Screenshot_20201031-080408_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-080417_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-080424_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-080443_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-080455_Sky+.jpg

2 minutes ago, Red7 said:

I tried to book today's game on Robins TV; however, it is only giving me the audio option after I log in to my Bristol Sport account.
Anyone else encountered this problem? Or have I missed something?

Today's game is only available on Robins TV to season ticket holders.

I like many others complained about the glitches in the Barnsley and Middlesbrough streams, until today no reply from StreamAMG and you can guess their response, this despite them having refunded others!

paste begins: “However, this match wasn't a game in which we've noted any consistent issues over the course of the 90 minutes. I've taken a look back over our reports and notes from the game and we've not noted down any issues, nor did we receive any consistent complaints from other viewers.

The Club's terms and conditions relating to streaming are available to view via the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund for this service. I am sorry that your viewing experience was less than satisfactory.”paste ends

4 minutes ago, dave36 said:

I like many others complained about the glitches in the Barnsley and Middlesbrough streams, until today no reply from StreamAMG and you can guess their response, this despite them having refunded others!

paste begins: “However, this match wasn't a game in which we've noted any consistent issues over the course of the 90 minutes. I've taken a look back over our reports and notes from the game and we've not noted down any issues, nor did we receive any consistent complaints from other viewers.

The Club's terms and conditions relating to streaming are available to view via the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund for this service. I am sorry that your viewing experience was less than satisfactory.”paste ends

They have had multiple reports, and Jerry has also mentioned it to various 'powers' as well.

So I would challenge that reply, even providing a link to this thread if necessary.

Granted, they never acknowledged a technical fault at their end, but they never denied having one either.

(I am one of the refunded)

I noticed that the Cardiff game isn’t available on Robins TV because it’s being shown on Sky.  I’m abroad and paid £110 for a season pass which I assume was for all 46 games.  Also was able to watch the Norwich game  on RTV, which due the early kick off, I assume was also shown on Sky.  So what’s the difference?

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Am I right in thinking that next week's midweek game is on the red button and therefore free to Season Ticket Holders on Robins TV?

Only main games on Sky are free to season card holders. Red button games are still £10 to anyone I believe.

17 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

Says Milwall is on sky sports football...Is that  the red button?

Not according to my Sky planner it doesn’t, Tuesday at 5pm is QPR v Stoke & at 7:45pm is Watford v Brentford.

And then on Wednesday at 5pm they have Derby v Swansea & at 7:45pm Reading v Norwich.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Not according to my Sky planner it doesn’t, Tuesday at 5pm is QPR v Stoke & at 7:45pm is Watford v Brentford.

And then on Wednesday at 5pm they have Derby v Swansea & at 7:45pm Reading v Norwich.

They are the "main" games, this is different to the "red button" games

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

They are the "main" games, this is different to the "red button" games

And I’ve just looked by trying to record & it lists those games & Coventry v Huddersfield for the Wednesday at 7:55pm!

There is no sign of any other games being listed currently on Sky’s planner.

It also lists the South Wales derby that is on tomorrow lunchtime.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

And I’ve just looked by trying to record & it lists those games & Coventry v Huddersfield for the Wednesday at 7:55pm!

There is no sign of any other games being listed currently on Sky’s planner.

It also lists the South Wales derby that is on tomorrow lunchtime.

Red button games don’t show in the main planner and I don’t think you can record them either.

46 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Red button games don’t show in the main planner and I don’t think you can record them either.

They don’t show in the planner but if you click ‘select’ on the game that’s on at the same time as the game you’d like to watch (if it’s on), you can record them! Have been able to since at least last season.

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

They don’t show in the planner but if you click ‘select’ on the game that’s on at the same time as the game you’d like to watch (if it’s on), you can record them! Have been able to since at least last season.

It's odd because some weeks the red button games are listed well in advance, other times they don't appear until on the day.

It also seems random that some people can view in advance but others can't 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's odd because some weeks the red button games are listed well in advance, other times they don't appear until on the day.

It also seems random that some people can view in advance but others can't 

Could it be dependant on what Sky system you have (Q, + or something older)?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Could it be dependant on what Sky system you have (Q, + or something older)?

Possibly, when I first commented a few weeks back I had an old HD box. But recently upgraded to an all singing and dancing Sky Q box

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Possibly, when I first commented a few weeks back I had an old HD box. But recently upgraded to an all singing and dancing Sky Q box

I’ve had the Q box now for nearly 2 years now at least so I’m not sure how the older models compare now.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Yes....apart from 1st red button game this season where you couldn’t record it.

Archived