IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day 38

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

You could say exactly the same for Massengo. Yet the other two are far more proven, especially Walsh who was statistically the leading player in a League 1 winning Cov side.

Who is currently better in our midfield? A Smith who hasn’t looked the same and could be released, or a Nagy who has not shown much at all this season? 

We should be building our team around talents like Walsh, who have shown they deserve the chance to step up.

They haven't played at this level properly. 

Massengo has played champions league football. 

That's a tad different to L1. 

I'm not saying they aren't up to it, but you don't just build a team around them until they prove they are. 

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Short and sweet to get the Matchday Thread going Peg.

Hopefully @havanatopia's 'long one' will be appearing later - we know the perpetual honeymooner is very busy at this time of day!

Good evening all from dark and humid Manila where muppetry lock down continues unabated. I lost track of time Noggers. I shall have a quiet word with Pegs on a Match Day soon.

Lovely to be back. 

How is it all going?

Can i buy a package for the remaining games then?

Missed you all very much btw. 

Do they not commentate on the game then? All this waffle about players bonding, and other meaningless comments, have now turned sound down. Can I change my option? Nothing has changed since break, wrong team selection, poor tactics. I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

They haven't played at this level properly. 

Massengo has played champions league football. 

That's a tad different to L1. 

I'm not saying they aren't up to it, but you don't just build a team around them until they prove they are. 

Playing two isolated CL games doesn’t really mean anything, he barely played at all for Monaco in the league so clearly wasn’t ready. 

How is someone like Walsh supposed to prove himself when he performs exceptionally in his loan spells and then still is suggested to not be ready? 

Its pretty clear from what we have seen this season that we should have kept Walsh and loaned out HNM. 

Just because he hasn’t played 2 CL games doesn’t make him a world beater and untouchable. There must be thousand of players who have made CL appearances and have never made the grade.

Archived