IGNORED

Swansea City v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

Pity. Bad patch of needlessly surrendering possession did for us there.

...we seem to be back in the ‘looking for a bit of quality in the final third’ zone - rather than having a tactical approach to opening a side up. 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Weimann looks tired. He just stayed up front then. He needs to get back. Korey all on his own with Pato not looking great.

I still don't think Korey is up to it.

People say he did not (past tense) lose 1v1s.

I haven't seen him win one bar the tracking back against Boro since restart, too much of the play goes by him, and Pato has reverted to his usual form of being Houdini.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

So many "awful" comments, but for the first 30 mins I thought it was quite even, and we played pretty well and shaded it. Awful is being deservedly 7-0 down at half time.

IIRC, when we lost there 7-1, the first was on the stroke of half time, and 6 more in the second half. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

We've got Nagy who could come in plus Morrell and Walsh to come back from loan. The new manager certainly has options to try. 

hope so because they all seem a far better option than what we play with in midfield every game, every game the opposition must look at our midfield and think no worries there then... Losing Brownhill was such a problem 

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I still don't think Korey is up to it.

People say he did not (past tense) lose 1v1s.

I haven't seen him win one bar the tracking back against Boro since restart, too much of the play goes by him, and Pato has reverted to his usual form of being Houdini.

I don't see Korey as an out and out defensive midfielder and he's basically being asked to anchor the midfield so Weimann and Pato can get forward. I don't think he is playing his natural game and I think it is a lot to ask for him to play every minute two games a week so I'm not too shocked he is struggling today.

I'm a bit ambivalent on whether I want him to stay on beyond the end of the season (I don't think he will) but I don't think the way we are playing gets the best out of him. 

Archived