IGNORED

Swansea City v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

It's the same old rubbish, Holden had the chance to stamp his mark with different personel, tactics formation etc but nothing has changed and we're back to having the usual zero shots on target, it's not the results that worry me it's the awful performances, relegation form I'm afraid and next season not too far off

Just now, Numero Uno said:

First thing we need to do is get rid of about 12 midfield/wide players. Easier said than done.

Yes!!! How johnson and ashton have allowed this to happen is beyond me? We knew we were crying out for power and aggression in midfield, our squad is hopelessly unbalanced 

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Grimes & Gallagher are running things for them, Grimes is the best player on the pitch by a mile.

I refer you to about 100 of my posts in 2012-13 when we should’ve plucked him from Exeter (and believe me, he was VERY gettable at the time). 

Holden showing he is a bit of a one trick pony here & maybe the new manager bounce has now worn off. This performance has got Lee Johnson written all over it I’m afraid. 
Can he motivate the players to go out second half & drastically improve their performances? Some players look like they are either knackered or on holiday.

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes!!! How johnson and ashton have allowed this to happen is beyond me? We knew we were crying out for power and aggression in midfield, our squad is hopelessly unbalanced 

Its been like it for quite some time too struggling to remember out last good midfield, that was strong but attacking and creative..

Just now, P'head Red said:

"looking at the latest statistics things are very similar, 51% to 49 in our favour" it's comments like this that just make me cringe at robins tv, what we have done with that 51% is very little

It also doesn't take into account that teams sometimes want to concede possession. When we played Forest, they let us dominate possession so they could hit us on the break. "Winning" possession in that context is pretty meaningless.

I think I saw a stat somewhere that we've a better winning ratio in games where we've got less than 50% possession than games where we've over 50% this season.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I refer you to about 100 of my posts in 2012-13 when we should’ve plucked him from Exeter (and believe me, he was VERY gettable at the time). 

Oh I know he was. It`s taken him a few years and a couple of lower league loans and there was a time I thought he`d sink without trace but he is a quality player now. Hard work on his part I guess.

1 minute ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Brentford have just blown a hole in their nylons

Since the re-start their one chance, when it was in their control for 2nd, was today and they blew it. Sounds like us about every week. They gave it a go. I think they will blow it completely now; balloon has burst although i certainly hope not. 

Archived