IGNORED

Bristol City v Exeter City - Carabao Cup R1 - Match Day

Septic Peg

Well done to Semenyo today- hopefully the first of many but feeling the right loan this coming season would be important for him.

Nice to see Bakinson make his debut too- again the right loan and he should come back a stronger player.

Feels a nice professional win with depth and power to add- remember all the internationals, the new signings one of whom is injured and two other injuries.

Moving forward, still not sure about Weimann in CM, Paterson yeah fine it can work, in a 3- then two true CMs alongside.

Forgot to add- 2 assists for Hunt as well. I think he could be very suited to that WB role certainly attacking wise, but we'll see! Started last season well.

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Haha.

He clearly means they're not as sharp in their passing because of lack of match sharpness, as that is what he was talking about when saying 'preseason.'

He also sounds very disappointed and says about how hard they worked as a team. And goes into what they can do better. How well City played etc. Clearly not treating it like a preseason game.

They clearly gave it their all. They looked knackered second half. Massive effort. They're out the cup. Can't believe you think he means it's just a preseason game from that comment!

He makes a clear distinction between the importance of the two cup games and the start of the league season. And as you say what he's talking about is the lack of match sharpness.

So lack of importance, lack of sharpness, made it feel TO ME that it was like a preseason game. Which the opposition manager agree with. which is I wanted to show you because you disagreed, and also for everyone else because It's good to see the oppositions perspective of games.

Just now, JonDolman said:

No way was there a lack of importance in a league cup game for Exeter. Massive potential income for a lower league side if they go on a little cup run.

Lack of match sharpness yes, just like us and everyone. Not lack of importance. 

It's a comparison. Important but not as important. Their manager directly says so. You're arguing with their manager at this point.

"The most important one is the following weekend"

3 hours ago, Prinny said:

It's a comparison. Important but not as important. Their manager directly says so. You're arguing with their manager at this point.

"The most important one is the following weekend"

Some would say, after losing a cup game, "he would say that wouldn't he ?" He wouldn't be saying that if they had won.

But he did give a good, honest appraisal of the game imo.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Some would say, after losing a cup game, "he would say that wouldn't he ?" He wouldn't be saying that if they had won.

But he did give a good, honest appraisal of the game imo.

But he said that about the next game too, before playing it.

Second line I agree with!

Having watched yesterday’s game and seen the highlights, my key observations are about N Wells. 

Yesterday he had two excellent scoring opportunities. While it’s great he’s in the right place he hasn’t yet shown too much evidence of his ability to put chances away. 

Hoping he starts to find the net soon as his confidence will grow and he will be able to relax a bit more as any pressure he feels will be lifted.

Also thought Exeter looked dangerous for a 20 minute spell in the first half, Williams in particular impressed. 

Archived