IGNORED

Bristol City v Exeter City - Carabao Cup R1 - Match Day

Septic Peg

Oooh. Hello!

Guess what folks? Football is back!

There's so much I would mention in an opening MDT but we all know the score. After a vigorous and rigorous process, we can only conclude that Mark Ashton is an amazing human. So much so, he will become an icon. A beaming light for all other CEOs to aspire to. A beacon of knowledge and integrity.

Icon. I'm not being facetious at all.

Moving on...

Today's opponents have made the short drive up the M5 to AG from the St James Park of the south. I make no bones about it that Exeter are my second team after I moved to Exmouth many years ago and would pass by their stadium weekly on the train into Exeter. They've gently worked their way up from the Conference over 10 years ago and now float between L1 and L2, most recently missing out on a L1 promotion via the playoff final.

Ones to watch include striker Ryan Bowman with a near 1:3 goal/match ratio and a certain Roverzzzz reject in defender Tom Parkes.

They aren't going to be a soft team regardless of the division between us and rumour has it that Deano will play some of the kids today. Either we are binning off the cup now or the kids are tougher than we think. I will hope for the latter.

Shout out for the new home kit and also our new boys in Joe and Chris Martin. Also big shout to Max O'Leary taking the number 2 behind Bents. We all love Mad Max and he deserves this.

2-1 to Bristol City with a goal from Big Dave and one of the newbies.

See you all soon!

COYRS!

The world is always a good place when the season restarts......let’s hope our enforced blend of experience and inexperience ends with smiles https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-holden-looks-bristol-city-4484450

Wonder if Mawson might be announced today.......

Enjoy the 20/21 season fellow Reds.

Are there any new Covid rules for following the match day thread - wearing face masks, not using FFS within 6 feet of another OTIB poster, regular washing with hand gel, domestos or farmhouse cider?

Archived