IGNORED

Bristol City v Exeter City - Carabao Cup R1 - Match Day

Septic Peg

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Whatever the result or performance today I Hope vast majority are chilled about it.  First game under a new manager and half a team missing 

This is so defeatist - it’s not his first game as he has been in charge since Cardiff and he should know this squad well enough to overcome lower league opposition at home.

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Disagree about Massengo having a good game so far. He should be completely on top of his League 2 opposing players. He’s given a few hospital balls, and hasn’t released the ball quickly enough at times. 

Harsh. It's the players around him you should be looking at. Weiman completely ineffective in that role at the moment.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Have to be honest - this is not what I was expecting

Really? It's the same head coach who saw out the last season, who was assistant to the previous head coach, and is using pretty much the same squad he had then as well.

The passing is poor in midfield, Exeter are playing a compact and disciplined game and are easily neutralising our wing backs, Wells and Diedhiou are isolated. 

It's only 30 minutes in so let's reserve final judgment, but so far it's going about as I expected.

I love the pre season City hype on OTIB. Nothing ever changes. The excitement of new signings and talk of us looking so good, but one thing never changes: patience and expectation during 90 minutes - especially when the squad on the pitch isn't the normal 11.

I think I'd miss it if OITB didn't expect us to be 5 nil up already. Welcome back everyone.

Just now, CliftonCliff said:

Harsh. It's the players around him you should be looking at. Weiman completely ineffective in that role at the moment.

Like I just said, how the hell do the other players effect what he does when in possession? He’s very negative on the ball, gives a lot of hospital passes, and he should be dominating in there or really standing out against a league 2 side. I’ve already mentioned that Weimann shouldn’t be in midfield by the way, as he looks out of place in the system. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Would help if he had options when on the ball. 

Non existent help from Pato and Weimann 

There has been numerous occasions he could have released it quicker and didn't.

Taylor Moore has been showing him how it is done so far, some cracking passes into the midfield to set up attacks. 

Archived