IGNORED

Bristol City v Exeter City - Carabao Cup R1 - Match Day

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Weimann is an excellent players and one that LJ selected every time he was available. I don’t remember Weimann ever being dropped under our former head coach.

Not sure if this is being sarcastic or genuine, but I like Weimann. He works his @rse off for the team. His goal ratio isn’t great and maybe he played out of position under LJ(?) but I can understand WHY he played. 
LJ liked a worker - whether or not he provided goals- which was partly his downfall, but I think there is a place for Weimann in the team this season.  

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t want to , to be honest . Prefer3 in midfield 

Does the stream keep freezing for anyone else or just me 

Ha, I've just got an obsession with good old fashioned wingers. Some of the best Bristol City teams in the past always had them. But you're right, I can only see us shifting to a 4-3-3 outside of this 1st choice 3-5-2. That's why it's probably curtains for Eliasson here and maybe O'Dowda too. 

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Ha, I've just got an obsession with good old fashioned wingers. Some of the best Bristol City teams in the past always had them. But you're right, I can only see us shifting to a 4-3-3 outside of this 1st choice 3-5-2. That's why it's probably curtains for Eliasson here and maybe O'Dowda too. 

Really?

21 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I know its early to judge and we have other players coming back or new signings, but I do not see any real pattern to our play, movement off the ball, quick breaks forward and apart from the goal we have been poor. Can only see a season of struggle ahead, unless we up our game loads and find some quality

So you can see a season of struggle before the 1st competitive game has ended with a squad that isn't the first 11 and we're winning 1-0? 

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Not sure if this is being sarcastic or genuine, but I like Weimann. He works his @rse off for the team. His goal ratio isn’t great and maybe he played out of position under LJ(?) but I can understand WHY he played. 
LJ liked a worker - whether or not he provided goals- which was partly his downfall, but I think there is a place for Weimann in the team this season.  

Would you have him in your first choice XI in a 5-3-2?  Wouldn’t be in my team. Much better midfield options and isn’t better than Wells or Fam. 

1 minute ago, Dog said:

My views on Moore last season were that he would be excellent for 90% of games, then the 10% he would be punished.....e.g bamford Leeds assombalonga and og v Boro etc.

Agree. But quality players need the freedom to play and get experience and make mistakes without being punished or dropped for it. Probably why he has been loaned out so much...

Experienced players make mistakes too but rarely dropped for it.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Look far better this half. Exeter seemed to press a lot better first half which caused us problems and they look a bit more tired now.

First half there was about 50 yards between the back and the front players.

Much more compressed this half.

Archived