IGNORED

Bristol City v Exeter City - Carabao Cup R1 - Match Day

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, tin said:

First half was poor but job done.

Good to see Massengo boss the midfield, despite against inferior opposition, and pleased to see Moore look class. Room for improvement with the latter, especially in the air, but a good start. 

Massengo got better as the game went on, looks a lot stronger to me.

Agree re Moore - if he can just get a bit stronger in the air, he'd be a very good player at this level.

2 minutes ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Yes, Wells and Fammy were poor today.

Very contrasting to Semenyo who was confident, eager, and ruthless. Worlds apart from how he's looked in previous cameos. Granted you need to see how he performs from the start of a gamer, but he's taken has opportunity and maybe done enough to earn a place on the bench v Coventry.

6/10. I'm not going to be too critical given its the first truly competitive match of the season, and we fielded a side hit by international call-ups and injury. However, I would have liked to have seen us drive more through the midfield committing Exeter players. On almost the only occasion we did in the 1st half we scored. Must do better but it was a cup game so a win is a win. Biggest plus for me today was Taylor Moore who looked comfortable throughout. 

Second half summary.

Not dissimilar to 1st half, although probably controlled the game better.

Other comments:

Wells had at least 5 chances today....good to see him getting them, when he takes one we will see his confidence rise.

Massengo good today.  Couple of examples second half where he muscled players off the ball.  Good to see Tyreeq come one, and win a couple of headers.

Slightly quieter half from Weimann as Pato got in the ball more.

Semenyo did really well when he came on.  Fam a bit better linking up second half, but looks behind in terms of sharpness (covid isolation one can assume)

Moore super bringing it forward.  Still needs to commit aerially.

Hunt - 2 assists....a good sign.

Bentley - a couple of flaps.

Nice to start with a win, pleases for Holden.

Wasn't vintage by any stretch, but it’s good to get first one out the way.

10 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

so thats 1 bad game in 10

thats 4 or 5 a season 

I would be happy with that

That's how young players develop though. They need the experience in order to eliminate the mistakes that cause those 4 or 5 a season. 

About time that we give those players (Moore, Vyner, Walsh, Morrell etc) a decent opportunity. 

14 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

@ExiledAjax

@paul_fox

@M.D

@Kingswoodactor

@Monkeh

@Super

Can you hear me?

Can you hear me?

Your negative posts took a hell of a beating

?

Tiresome, wasn’t it? Just a few individuals incessantly moaning, but it starts to do your head in after a while. 

I logged out of OTIB at HT and just watched the game. Vast improvement.

Shame, as it should add to the enjoyment, sharing differing views on a performance with fellow supporters, but slagging off of players and the crushing negativity almost from the start just sours it.

Lesson learned for future games.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Second half summary.

Not dissimilar to 1st half, although probably controlled the game better.

Other comments:

Wells had at least 5 chances today....good to see him getting them, when he takes one we will see his confidence rise.

Massengo good today.  Couple of examples second half where he muscled players off the ball.  Good to see Tyreeq come one, and win a couple of headers.

Slightly quieter half from Weimann as Pato got in the ball more.

Semenyo did really well when he came on.  Fam a bit better linking up second half, but looks behind in terms of sharpness (covid isolation one can assume)

Moore super bringing it forward.  Still needs to commit aerially.

Hunt - 2 assists....a good sign.

Bentley - a couple of flaps.

Nice to start with a win, pleases for Holden.

Wasn't vintage by any stretch, but it’s good to get first one out the way.

I thought Weinmann and Massengo were the pick of our players. Loved Semenyo's cameo. Bentley wasn't just flapping, he was flapping without being under any real pressure. Worrying.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Far from like preseason for me. Exeter were right up for it.

We did well overall I think. We can see in other games that championship teams struggle against teams in lower divisions in the cup.

Good thing is there are obvious things to improve on. Yet we controlled much of the game. And some very promising performances too.

Yep, a few good performances in the end.

It was a dreadful first half (cobwebs ?), second half much better.

Massengo looked very good as the game progressed and seems to have bulked up a bit.

Dasilva got to grips with his winger after a dodgy first half and had him in his pocket eventually.

Hunt was very good and another two assists from him.

Moore very good on the deck, needs to attack the ball in the air.

The cameo from Semenyo was very promising, he looked up for it and you could see the confidence in him (at last).

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Strong looking Cardiff line up too.

They'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

I said at the beginning of last season how I'd love us to move for Harris at Millwall, I think he's a good young manager who knows what he wants and how to do it, no frills, no bullshite, the opposite to that idiot Johnson. 

Just now, YorkshireSection said:

They'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

I said at the beginning of last season how I'd love us to move for Harris at Millwall, I think he's a good young manager who knows what he wants and how to do it, no frills, no bullshite, the opposite to that idiot Johnson. 

Northampton are doing well at 3-0 up then?

5 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

You think we will finish above them mate? 

If we do we will be in the play offs for sure. 

I have absolutely no idea, I know you can't judge a teams position by the players in their line up in this league. There are so many other factors involved. 

On another subject, the way the line ups are shown on the BBC, it looks like Korey Smith is playing right back for Swansea.

Archived