IGNORED

City v Northampton Town (19:45 Wed 16th Sept) - match day thread

Davefevs

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Christ on a bike , how very dare we enjoy a demolition of another club in the cup where we were on a hiding to nothing .

The key points are :

The youngsters all looked good

The newbies equally.

The players already here all looked motivated and playing at there best.

That was the first time that those players have played together in a team and we are feeling our way into a new formation whilst there are other teams in front of us trying to ruin our progress.

I have followed City long enough to have seen us struggle to see off lower division clubs, who often raise their game for the occasion. 

I don’t think anyone is ‘ getting carried away ‘ but simply appreciating another very good performance and sharing with optimism and realism the rare pleasure of four nil victory , a good result against anyone.

Absolutely right Major. 

Getting thru the early rounds of the League has frequently been s struggle for City and it’s a nice experience to see City piss all over lower league opponents. City should/could have had a hatful last night. 

9 hours ago, QuedgeRed said:

We’ve played Northampton, who were a league two side a few games ago and Coventry, league one side a couple of games ago.

We were good tonight, but we should be, we have far better quality players.

Lets not get carried away just yet.

Seems like you might have a selective memory there. Do you remember under LJ we really struggled to break down weaker opponents or anyone who chose to sit back, I remember not feeling confident at all vs anyone lower table or even lower league. This is a welcomed change! 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Christ on a bike , how very dare we enjoy a demolition of another club in the cup where we were on a hiding to nothing .

The key points are :

The youngsters all looked good

The newbies equally.

The players already here all looked motivated and playing at there best.

That was the first time that those players have played together in a team and we are feeling our way into a new formation whilst there are other teams in front of us trying to ruin our progress.

I have followed City long enough to have seen us struggle to see off lower division clubs, who often raise their game for the occasion. 

I don’t think anyone is ‘ getting carried away ‘ but simply appreciating another very good performance and sharing with optimism and realism the rare pleasure of four nil victory , a good result against anyone.

Some people seem incapable of just enjoying the win

2 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Some people seem incapable of just enjoying the win

To an extent I can understand this reluctance to get too excited by City , we have been let down more times than most of us  care to remember but we should celebrate the good times along the way otherwise what is the point ? 

Yes it wasn’t Man Utd last night but the joy of watching the team entertain, perform well and win handsomely surely against anybody is a source of pleasure and something that , with all due respect to LJ, we haven’t witnessed for some time now .

All the players who came onto the pitch showed their class, that is down to the coaching staff and is a very good reason to be optimistic even when we encounter the difficult periods as do every club in a season.

I am happy with where we are currently and prepared to bask in the ‘glory’ at least until Sunday when the team put their necks on the line again for us. 

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

A lot saying it was only Exeter, Coventry and Northampton are forgetting the most obvious. We played them all at home. People are forgetting we’ve been shite at home since December 2017 

Agreed. Playing teams like that and winning will build confidence for better teams. Imagine not winning them and playing your Stokes, Brentford’s, Norwich etc. It’s a very positive start but certainly not getting carried away. 

41 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not seen it mentioned, but thought Taylor Moore slotted into the middle of the defence, did everything defensively needed and played the ball out very well

Yep, so two games out if three, he’s played centrally and looked far happier than the one game on the left.  Mawson very comfortable on left side, so expect the back three to line up as they did after 7 minutes for Stoke.

Archived