IGNORED

City v Northampton Town (19:45 Wed 16th Sept) - match day thread

Davefevs

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Enjoyed that. Shame the half time break came as we’re looking good. Watching Mawson and Martin is worth the £10 alone. Please let them stay fit for the full season. Hope Kalas isn’t going to be out for a long time 

For sure could have done with another 10 minutes! Northampton not getting anywhere near the ball at the end of the half

After a slow start the last 20 - 25 minutes were really good, a dominant home performance at last!

Mawson looks superb

Palmer probably dropping a bit too deep but working hard and passing well

Nagy plenty of energy and accurate passing

Bake-inson looks comfortable

Eliasson a threat down the left and more than held his own defensively

Semenyo looks so strong, quick and powerful, did well to get the ball back across goal for Martin

Martin is an upgrade on Diedhiou, better on the ball and linking play and a goal to go with it.

COYR

First half summary:

All about moving it quicker.  In the last 10-15 minutes we increased the tempo and the game became easier.

Eliasson really unlucky from his free kick.  Great cross for the goal, Semenyo doing well to nod it back, and Martin not favourite to win that, but strikers do what strikers do. Just seen it again.  Made sure he won that!!

Semenyo looking so bright and powerful.  Mawson top class, albeit not been pressured.  Nagy looking decent not having to play “holding”.

Keep doing the fundamentals and we run out comfortable winners here.

Edit: we looked up for a battle too. ??????

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That was very good to watch. 

Nagy amazing amount of running.

Palmer the most he's ran since QPR game last season. Both been very good on the ball too. 

Bakinson looks so strong now. Wins balls, so composed on it. Nice passes from him. 

Eliasson our biggest threat. Must get it to him as much as possible.

Martin the ball sticks to. Great control. Very intelligent too and so strong.

Semenyo looks like a different player now. Hope he continues like this for us.

As a team we look so well organised. Aggressive. We go direct a lot when they pressed us. But mid way through the first half we managed to knock it about brilliantly. 

3 defenders who are all so composed on the ball. 

Sessegnon been quiet. But can certainly see his pace.

You been reading over my shoulder? HT report almost identical!

Almost a complete performance so far, in my opinion. Northampton a horrible team to play against, but the rough stuff has done them bugger all good: quite outclassed. I think the moaners will have their work cut out to find something to have a go about after that half. Very, very encouraging individual showing by several, not least Mawson, Semenyo and Nagy. And Tins experience, knowledge and wisdom a pleasure to listen to on commentary. That'll do for me.

4 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

After a slow start the last 20 - 25 minutes were really good, a dominant home performance at last!

Mawson looks superb

Palmer probably dropping a bit too deep but working hard and passing well

Nagy plenty of energy and accurate passing

Bake-inson looks comfortable

Eliasson a threat down the left and more than held his own defensively

Semenyo looks so strong, quick and powerful, did well to get the ball back across goal for Martin

Martin is an upgrade on Diedhiou, better on the ball and linking play and a goal to go with it.

COYR

I know Toby gets pelters even though I think he isn't bad but his pronunciation as Back-inson is doing my head in haha.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

First half summary:

All about moving it quicker.  In the last 10-15 minutes we increased the tempo and the game became easier.

Eliasson really unlucky from his free kick.  Great cross for the goal, Semenyo doing well to nod it back, and Martin not favourite to win that, but strikers do what strikers do. Just seen it again.  Made sure he won that!!

Semenyo looking so bright and powerful.  Mawson top class, albeit not been pressured.  Nagy looking decent not having to play “holding”.

Keep doing the fundamentals and we run out comfortable winners here.

agreed, bit slow early on too easy for them to get into shape and stick men behind the ball. Soon as we uped the tempo we tore through them

Said the same about Martin, pure desire to win that. Love to see it

Archived