IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I have to say I am pro the sports development, but it's a shame to lose any green belt land when they are still large brownfield sites available within the City itself. Hopefully the buildings themselves will be as carbon neutral as possible.

Does anyone know when the development (and presumably disruption) will start?

Apparently Steve identified the Fruit Market as an ideal brownfield site for the sporting quarter, but a cunning fox beat him to it, building a mega stadium there instead.

25 minutes ago, martnewts said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the housing development side already has a buyer subject to getting the planning permission. SL will have spent an enormous amount to get the planning through and its not in his nature to take a punt on something like this.

This. 

On 06/10/2022 at 22:33, Kid in the Riot said:

Housing market won't crash until 2025 at the earliest. 

Working in the industry myself I would say its difficult to predict what the market will do, it went well during the pandemic when it was expected to crash and helped prop up the economy.

The company I work for has gone for more commercial projects away from residential as that is slowing down, I hope residential levels out or we are not in a good place..

2 hours ago, M.D said:

Working in the industry myself I would say its difficult to predict what the market will do, it went well during the pandemic when it was expected to crash and helped prop up the economy.

The company I work for has gone for more commercial projects away from residential as that is slowing down, I hope residential levels out or we are not in a good place..

Needs to come down in Australia.

The median in Melbourne is $1,100,000+ for a 3 bed dog-box. Home Loan interest rates now up to 5.7% and climbing.

5 year fixed rates now 7.8% !!

I got mine fixed 8 months ago at 2.95% - thank god.

Prices tipped to drop 15 - 18% next year. Down 3.7% this quarter.

Finance drying up as min 20% deposit required ($200,000+ in most suburbs)

Going to be tough for the low income earners, and 1st time buyers, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Wasn't sure where to post this but I know a few people have mentioned original plans for a 2-tier Atyeo that got shelved due to right to light. Well I just came across the attached, having never seen an image of the proposals before.

Quite interesting that it would have been an extra 5,000 seats on top of what we ended up with, and also filled in the corners around to the Williams and Dolman. And that it would have cost only £4m!

ashton-gate.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but I know a few people have mentioned original plans for a 2-tier Atyeo that got shelved due to right to light. Well I just came across the attached, having never seen an image of the proposals before.

Quite interesting that it would have been an extra 5,000 seats on top of what we ended up with, and also filled in the corners around to the Williams and Dolman. And that it would have cost only £4m!

ashton-gate.png

I’m not sure why City ever spent any time on this proposal. It would have looked good but the chances of it being given planning permission, due to the houses, was very low 

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m not sure why City ever spent any time on this proposal. It would have looked good but the chances of it being given planning permission, due to the houses, was very low 

Is planning permission actually an important step in building something like this? 

..... asking for a friend

• Haha 16

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

ashton-gate.png

Which year was that?

Before my time I expect but I see the Chairman was Les Kew. Interesting snapshot though and perhaps a timely reminder of some of the wishes vs challenges.

3 hours ago, leader said:

There’s a fair bit of room behind the atyeo I don’t think the light would come into play , make it steeper that solves the problem of light

I believe, and I'm not expert, but the right to light rules have changed significantly since the Atyeo was built? 

I believe one remedy is rather than buying the houses, you can compensate them for the loss of light. 

22 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Just seen this old pic of Ashton Gate This is how it would look now had the Gas nicked it off us in 82

Saying that I'm unsure if they would have put the seating in the East End  yet

Screenshot_20230918-171528_Google.jpg

Takes me back, all the little kiosk/bogs behind the open end and the Winterstoke Road bus depot

• Admin
4 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Just seen this old pic of Ashton Gate This is how it would look now had the Gas nicked it off us in 82

Saying that I'm unsure if they would have put the seating in the East End  yet

Screenshot_20230918-171528_Google.jpg

You do them a disservice. I’m pretty sure they’d have pitched a tent on the park end.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agreed. These days there has to be a way of designing that stand as two tiered without affecting the houses behind. 

Good idea but is it possible?  In reality as a stand get higher it gets deeper. In the case of the Atyeo it would mean that the stand would get closer to the houses. A taller stand that was closer to the houses would impact on the light they receive.