IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

We heard all this when the new stadium was being prepared and the club refused to listen to the nimby 's

Remember sexton giggling at the lady in a forum down the  city ground when she asked if town green status had been considered. We all know how that turned out!

Read here for plenty of support and some interesting objections (alongside amended planning documentation)...
https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QUDIACDNHQI00

The recent escalation (referral) document is here...
https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/98DD2ECC334B8238CE1ADCD4DB183455/pdf/21_03165_F-REPORT_TO_COMMITTEE_-_5TH_OCTOBER_2022-3309734.pdf

Edited by CiderJar

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

The club have spent a lot of time engaging hence the time its taken to get to this stage.   Lets be honest the village green application was, and still is, a farce and caused a change in the law as a result. 

totally agree with you mate and hopefully this time all is good and lessons have been learned. i just will never forget that sexstone snigger!

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

We heard all this when the new stadium was being prepared and the club refused to listen to the nimby 's

Remember sexton giggling at the lady in a forum down the  city ground when she asked if town green status had been considered. We all know how that turned out!

I am not knowledgeable about the legal process for land acquisiton and planning permissions etc so perhaps someone could help me. Surely if you are sold land by the council with the premise of major construction taking place, only to be told you cannot because of a NIMBY application then surely SL could claim compensation? Was the due dilligence on the planning permission not done properly?

15 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

i really hope, as i’m sure most do, this flies through.

if it doesn’t it will be another case of bristol shooting itself in the foot

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I am not knowledgeable about the legal process for land acquisiton and planning permissions etc so perhaps someone could help me. Surely if you are sold land by the council with the premise of major construction taking place, only to be told you cannot because of a NIMBY application then surely SL could claim compensation? Was the due dilligence on the planning permission not done properly?

ielieve it was the first time village had been used for 100’s of years!

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

I also have little time for the complaints about the housing from the same people who complained about the stadium.  You didn't want the stadium so you can soak it up and deal with the far more congested mess that will be 1500 houses! 

exactly, a traveller sight would have been good as well!

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

Can only see one objection in lots of scrolling down the page 

I wonder if it's the same names against the development as Ashton Vale 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Can only see one objection in lots of scrolling down the page 

I wonder if it's the same names against the development as Ashton Vale 

The second link (which doesn't seem to be working any more but open the document ""REPORT TO COMMITEE - 5TH OCTOBER 2022") contains the following section......

image.png.fc4c726164d3af56ab65847b1c92e122.png

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Whatever we think of them having Rees, Business West & the local MP, Karin Smyth, all in favour of the scheme is likely to see this sail through, I think.

Natural England’s move suggests to me they know this, too.

As I've said before (on here and other platforms) this kind of private investment into South Bristol transcends the potential gains for Esteban/Lansdown/Pula etc as it will bring huge employment opportunities that simply wouldn't exist otherwise due to Marvin's myopic obsession with an Arena that's bloody miles away and a council-mortgaged development for L&G at Temple Quay. 

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

As I've said before (on here and other platforms) this kind of private investment into South Bristol transcends the potential gains for Esteban/Lansdown/Pula etc as it will bring huge employment opportunities that simply wouldn't exist otherwise due to Marvin's myopic obsession with an Arena that's bloody miles away and a council-mortgaged development for L&G at Temple Quay. 

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

To quote Francis Urquhart, “ I couldn’t possibly comment”. ?

• Thanks 1

It’s now time for the Nimby’s and dog walkers to make their cases re the housing sadly so this could be a long one. Hopefully the unanimous decision on the stadium site plan (and those councillors knowing that the housing is needed to enable that) will get this plan through too. What a process it is indeed for anyone wanting to improve South Bristol without first consulting with the bats and badgers etc though.