IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

4 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The Ashton Gate Stadium Twitter account has just tweeted that’s there’s an announcement incoming….

…… forget that maybe, talk of it being concerts announced rather than anything to do with the sporting quarter.

Has that tweet been deleted? I don't see anything on their Twitter account.

On 22/09/2022 at 12:36, CyderInACan said:

If this doesn't get the go-ahead then Bristol City Council can give up any pretence they care about South Bristol. The employment opportunities the scheme will generate could be life-changing for communities all over South Bristol and further afield. Huge decision to make.  

I think we already know the answer to that question, but I’m saying nothing further on the subject.

On 22/09/2022 at 14:11, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm confident Committee will approve both applications. 

I’m not, whatever we think of BCC, the decisions being made on schemes appear to be completely random, schemes that internal officers have recommended to reject (such as the huge one on Mead St) have been approved & then others recommended to be approved (such as the one on the old Peugeot garage by Temple Meads) have been rejected.

It is a totally unpredictable process.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

On 24/09/2022 at 11:59, GrahamC said:

I think we already know the answer to that question, but I’m saying nothing further on the subject.

I’m not, whatever we think of BCC, the decisions being made on schemes appear to be completely random, schemes that internal officers have recommended to reject (such as the huge one on Mead St) have been approved & then others recommended to be approved (such as the one on the old Peugeot garage by Temple Meads) have been rejected.

It is a totally unpredictable process.

What’s happening with the old Peugeot garage? My dad worked there when it was Victoria Motors to Temple Meads Motors.

22 minutes ago, TomF said:

Skyscraper City forum is great place to keep eye on all development/planning. Must admit I didn't think this one had even gone to planning yet @GrahamC?

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/bristol-clarence-road-temple-gate-mixed-use-prop.2366350/

Gawd, that’s pretty grim! 
Dwarfs TM engine shed. 

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

Planning tactic, go in higher than planned and then go back with revised proposals saying knocking off two floors to the level you actually envisaged in first place. 

I was hoping they’d demolish the grey building opposite the engine shed and reroute the road by the petrol station or something in order to make more space in front of TM.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Skyscraper City forum is great place to keep eye on all development/planning. Must admit I didn't think this one had even gone to planning yet @GrahamC?

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/bristol-clarence-road-temple-gate-mixed-use-prop.2366350/

Think you’re right, I might be getting confused with the Mead St shenanigans.

Despite that pretty sure I saw something about concerns over the height, which is a recurring theme with these proposals.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2022 at 17:46, Rich said:

I'm speaking from memory here regarding the Atyeo stand but, we had advisors within the club who seemed scared of upsetting the relationship that the club had with the planning department, I'd had meetings with them re boxes in the Dolman. As a result of that fear, the Atyeo stand was not built to it's possible height, or depth in proximity to the houses while still meeting planning guidance. So in current planning laws it could be rebuilt mirroring the South Stand.

As far as the Dolman is concerned, it also could be built higher and closer to the existing flats. There is a space of nearly 4mts to the rear which could be built with an overhanging rake. This would allow emergency vehicles access along the rear of the stand, something required by law, as there's no access to parts of the ground from all sides.

The lower Dolman is a hotchpotch of gangways, so a completely new stand would improve that and have a capacity increased to about 10k.

So between those two increases we'd possibly add another 5k seats. Not needed currently but, I'm of the belief and more positive in my thoughts that, we could be a more successful club, with a much larger support base and we must aim higher. There's absolutely no reason why we couldn't compete with the majority of premiership clubs. Why think otherwise?

Frankly I am not too interested in spending a bunch of money to improve the experience of away supporters at that end. I would rather see us hang onto our young stars and make a meaningful promotion challenge

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Would have cost millions, it was only a temp, second hand, bridge to get them through the year.. ended up being there for 25 odd years. 

What they should have done is rebuild the road network properly. It is only know that it's sorta working after what, 2-3 attempts at remodeling. 

If coming from the Bath direction wanting to go to BTM station you have to go to Redcliffe roundabout to come back on yourself! …what nonsense! …:facepalm:

• Like 2