IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

The way that the metro bus route has encircled the site and effectively cut most of it off from the Village Green I think makes the case for approval much stronger. I mischievously wonder if SL had any influence in placing it there. It also sounds like the site’s Green belt status is pretty much going to cease with or without this plan anyway.

26 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yep you cannot raise a village green application after planning has been raised.       At least one good thing came from that whole saga. 

I used to work with a colleague who still lives in one of the Ashton Vale houses and she and I were chatting about the proposed Ashton Vale stadium and she was absolutely convinced that it wouldn’t happen because of Village Green status 

I thought she was talking bollocks - how wrong I was………………:facepalm:

Edited by Robbored

Outline planning application for Longmoor Village APPROVED BY 5 VOTES TO 1 (with 3 ABSTENTIONS).

This is an outline planning application for the general concept so a full planning application will have to follow before any development happens but would be expected to be OK if it meets the conditions prescribed of this outline application. It will also need to be referred to the Secretary of State due to the green belt issue.

There is also an application relating to access which is to be determined by North Somerset Council.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Outline planning application for Longmoor Village APPROVED BY 5 VOTES TO 1 (with 3 ABSTENTIONS).

This is an outline planning application for the general concept so a full planning application will have to follow before any development happens but would be expected to be OK if it meets the conditions prescribed of this outline application. It will also need to be referred to the Secretary of State due to the green belt issue.

There is also an application relating to access which is to be determined by North Somerset Council.

Did I hear correctly that the site is to be sold with outline permission to fund the sports development?

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

Did I hear correctly that the site is to be sold with outline permission to fund the sports development?

Yes, SL will sell the land with outline permission so he gets the funds in place to start  on the sporting quarter. The new owners of longmoor will then have to get a detailed reserved matters application through planning to be able to start on site 

Just now, City37 said:

Good progress but what about North Somerset Council...

Wouldn’t be too worried about that. They will be primarily considering the impact on the green belt of a small section of access road together with any traffic-related issues. Assume the applicant has already assessed the traffic issues and likely at this stag3 to have agreed them with the Council’s experts. 

Would be out of order to attempt to link their application to the Bristol one for the development of the overall site. 

5 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

From listening to the debate it sounded like the site will be sold on with the outline planning permission that has just been granted and it won’t be Bristol Sport/Pula dealing with the detailed planning and building it out.  Is that right?

But the money won't be under the control of SL, it has to be used for the development.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But the money won't be under the control of SL, it has to be used for the development.

That’s fair enough as the developments were linked to get the housing through.

Sounds like the sporting quarter is going to actually happen which is great.  I’m looking forward to hopefully travelling down, stay in the hotel for a weekend and be able to see a match and also, potentially, the Flyers too.   Will be a fine way to spend a weekend!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

That’s fair enough as the developments were linked to get the housing through.

Sounds like the sporting quarter is going to actually happen which is great.  I’m looking forward to hopefully travelling down, stay in the hotel for a weekend and be able to see a match and also, potentially, the Flyers too.   Will be a fine way to spend a weekend!

Bring the car as well!

I have to say I am pro the sports development, but it's a shame to lose any green belt land when they are still large brownfield sites available within the City itself. Hopefully the buildings themselves will be as carbon neutral as possible.

Does anyone know when the development (and presumably disruption) will start?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I have to say I am pro the sports development, but it's a shame to lose any green belt land when they are still large brownfield sites available within the City itself. Hopefully the buildings themselves will be as carbon neutral as possible.

Does anyone know when the development (and presumably disruption) will start?

Was it not brownfield up until the point this previous landfill site obtained village green status?

• Like 5

18 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Just looked at her Twitter seems she wants Bristol not to build anything anywhere 

All she wanted was to save the bats! Sounded American/Canadian to me and didn't take losing very well, nor did at least one of her like minded mates who stormed out when the Chairperson was closing.

19 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

The way that the metro bus route has encircled the site and effectively cut most of it off from the Village Green I think makes the case for approval much stronger. I mischievously wonder if SL had any influence in placing it there. It also sounds like the site’s Green belt status is pretty much going to cease with or without this plan anyway.

Yes the metro route seems to have helped massively. Surrounded on 3 sides by development and the metro on the 'open' side would have made it farcical if it had been refused.

18 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Just looked at her Twitter seems she wants Bristol not to build anything anywhere 

Not true.

she’s in favour of brownfield sites being built on. 

I don’t agree with everything she says but I applaud her work in getting the development of the ‘ western slopes ‘ being turned down. 
the pocket of green space in between Novers and hartcliffe way 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, City37 said:

Good progress but what about North Somerset Council...

The council thinks it can work with them and come to an agreement., only about a quarter is in North Somerset. They said similar happening/happened with the Arena in North Bristol when they had to work with South Gloucestershire where the Arena was in Bristol but access in S. Glous.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

All she wanted was to save the bats! Sounded American/Canadian to me and didn't take losing very well, nor did at least one of her like minded mates who stormed out when the Chairperson was closing.

I follow her on Twitter.

I don’t agree with everything she says but I applaud some of her work.

23 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

The council's independent viability report determined the projects to be even less viable than the application did.

2022-10-05 21_35_42-1. 21.03165.F - Land To The West Of Ashton Gate Stadium - Committee Report.pdf.png

Bear in mind that those figures are based upon statutory guidance and therefore may or may not provide an accurate figure.  Plus the methodology includes a reasonable developer profit.  In reality I'd guess that the actual figures will result in a roughly no profit/no loss position for the owner of the Sporting Quarter, particularly when taking into account the enhancement of Bristol Sport.

I don't think that SL will lose a great deal, but I also think that it wont result in a significant profit either.  That said it may well cause a significant reduction in SL's required funding of the football club,