IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, LilRascal said:

I actually really like the stadium getting lit up in red lights for our matches, and then blue for the Bears matches. Looks really smart. But agree that it would be nice to have large, high quality, badges as branding on the exterior of the stands. 

I don't mind the rugby being here but it's a shame they okay in blue because well..

Anathema, in our ground! Blue...really.

That aside the ground definitely could do a bit more visual identity yeah, agreed.

Given the stadium used to be used for 2 hours every fortnight, for nine months of the year. I'm pretty glad it's being used every week, makes a lot more sense. Means all the young people they employ can be given work each week, as they need a regular weekend income whilst in education, and sharing with another sport means no having to share with Rovers. But a badge or two would be nice too, but it keeps it classy not doing so. Always wondered why he didn't sell the naming rights for the stadium to make an extra few million quid, but again, guess it's because it's classier not to. People wishing for a new owner should be careful what they wish for.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Given the stadium used to be used for 2 hours every fortnight, for nine months of the year. I'm pretty glad it's being used every week, makes a lot more sense. Means all the young people they employ can be given work each week, as they need a regular weekend income whilst in education, and sharing with another sport means no having to share with Rovers. But a badge or two would be nice too, but it keeps it classy not doing so. Always wondered why he didn't sell the naming rights for the stadium to make an extra few million quid, but again, guess it's because it's classier not to. People wishing for a new owner should be careful what they wish for.

With you 100% until the last sentence, can’t happen soon enough.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, Lansdown has done such a bad job, rebuilt the ground, written off debt, given us financial stability for virtually the only time since WW2 and now we are established in the 2nd tier…personally I'm delighted he's our owner and can't imagine who will be better.

Bristol City isn't a big club, has average gates for the division it's in and has only been higher in 11 seasons of our 126 year history and we struggled in every one of those, we are no sleeping giant that justifies frustrstion from fans that we aren't playing amongst the elite every week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 4

9 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

Yep, Lansdown has done such a bad job, rebuilt the ground, written off debt, given us financial stability for virtually the only time since WW2 and now we are established in the 2nd tier…personally I'm delighted he's our owner and can't imagine who will be better.

Bristol City isn't a big club, has average gates for the division it's in and has only been higher in 11 seasons of our 126 year history and we struggled in every one of those, we are no sleeping giant that justifies frustrstion from fans that we aren't playing amongst the elite every week.

Fair enough, it’s a forum you are entitled to your view.

He’s had 20 years in charge & we are flatlining.

I don’t think Brentford, Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Watford, Fulham, Swansea or Cardiff are “sleeping giants” either but they have all managed something he hasn’t.

We were totally financially stable under Harry Dolman (who did achieve top flight football) so that bit is bollocks, by the way.

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fair enough, it’s a forum you are entitled to your view.

He’s had 20 years in charge & we are flatlining.

I don’t think Brentford, Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Watford, Fulham, Swansea or Cardiff are “sleeping giants” either but they have all managed something he hasn’t.

We were totally financially stable under Harry Dolman (who did achieve top flight football) so that bit is bollocks, by the way.

BCFC 1982 Ltd, financially stable?

4 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

BCFC 1982 Ltd, financially stable?

Not sure what that has to do with Harry Dolman, as he died in 1977.

Anyway I’ve just looked at your post history & there’s absolutely no point in debating with you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Brexit was sold as an opportunity to sell to the world and to take control of our borders, Oh and some other nationalist bollox, to pump the nads of the knuckle draggers. As a result, a majority of voters got what they wished for, evidently without the intelligence to realise what they already had, or work out the risks of jumping feet first, and gambling the farm on a spin of a coin which was sold by charlatans. All without thinking whether such a move could potentially fall flat on it's arse, making us look like an international basket case, and demonstrate to the world that a majority of the British adult population were thick is pig shit.

With this in mind. One would like to think that those heralding the arrival of a new Messiah will do so conscious that, it's mathematically likely their judgement on new untested shiny things is flawed, based on recent history As such, they may prudently decide it's probably best to leave such decisions to those who've evidently demonstrated their competence in financial matters for decades. 

So, probably best to ask yourself "Did I vote for Brexit?" before you make any further comment. 

Edited by Lord Northski
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 3

I think part of the problem is thinking that running up £200m of losses to get to our position - league and infrastructure is a) a fantastic achievement and b) the only way of achieving the current position.  I’m not saying it’s bad either, but other clubs have proved otherwise on both sides of good and bad.

But it is perceived that new owners can only be bad, and there couldn’t possibly be upside to SL.

The analogy with Brexit doesn’t quite work - we will get no say in who any new owners will be.

I keep saying - if SL sells us to an unfit ownership group, that’s on him too - I will see that as him just looking for “dollar”.  Personally I don’t think he would do that, JL reiterated that on Monday.

I made reference to Gamechanger 2020 above.  For those who don’t know, they are Ipswich’s current owners, replaced Marcus Evans.  Ipswich fans had grown tired of Evans, it started to become toxic and he started to restrict funds.

Ipswich are thriving.

They are a better comparison than Brexit imho.

And yes, there are some basket case owners too, to give some balance.

+++++++

I wonder if it was Gamechanger that Ashton was shmoosing in Florida?  I wonder if he pitched them to SL?  He certainly acted quick once he knew he was leaving here,

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think part of the problem is thinking that running up £200m of losses to get to our position - league and infrastructure is a) a fantastic achievement and b) the only way of achieving the current position.  I’m not saying it’s bad either, but other clubs have proved otherwise on both sides of good and bad.

But it is perceived that new owners can only be bad, and there couldn’t possibly be upside to SL.

The analogy with Brexit doesn’t quite work - we will get no say in who any new owners will be.

I keep saying - if SL sells us to an unfit ownership group, that’s on him too - I will see that as him just looking for “dollar”.  Personally I don’t think he would do that, JL reiterated that on Monday.

I made reference to Gamechanger 2020 above.  For those who don’t know, they are Ipswich’s current owners, replaced Marcus Evans.  Ipswich fans had grown tired of Evans, it started to become toxic and he started to restrict funds.

Ipswich are thriving.

They are a better comparison than Brexit imho.

And yes, there are some basket case owners too, to give some balance.

+++++++

I wonder if it was Gamechanger that Ashton was shmoosing in Florida?  I wonder if he pitched them to SL?  He certainly acted quick once he knew he was leaving here,

Sounds a bit like here at the moment. 

47 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Brexit was sold as an opportunity to sell to the world and to take control of our borders, Oh and some other nationalist bollox, to pump the nads of the knuckle draggers. As a result, a majority of voters got what they wished for, evidently without the intelligence to realise what they already had, or work out the risks of jumping feet first, and gambling the farm on a spin of a coin which was sold by charlatans. All without thinking whether such a move could potentially fall flat on it's arse, making us look like an international basket case, and demonstrate to the world that a majority of the British adult population were thick is pig shit.

With this in mind. One would like to think that those heralding the arrival of a new Messiah will do so conscious that, it's mathematically likely their judgement on new untested shiny things is flawed, based on recent history As such, they may prudently decide it's probably best to leave such decisions to those who've evidently demonstrated their competence in financial matters for decades. 

So, probably best to ask yourself "Did I vote for Brexit?" before you make any further comment. 

A genuinely mental comparison, but still, luckily I voted remain which apparently means I can crack on wanting Lansdown to sell up ASAP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

Ha ha. This is hilarious. 
A load of nonsense put forward as an argument in response to Graham C, who is probably one of the most staunch remainers on here. 
Your post is ridiculous. In every sense. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

There are a group of people who constantly praise the Lansdowns for constantly pumping cash in to the club (or more accurately in most cases turning debt into shares) like this is some sort of great thing.

In one sense it is because it keeps the club afloat but, if you stand back for a moment, this is actually more of a problem. It means that they are not running us well as a business. Any business that generates more and more debt is not being run well. Eventually it's going to go bust or the owners will have to sell it on and cut their losses. We've only really had half a dozen player sales in the last decade that have kept the club out of bigger trouble.

The redevelopment of the area surrounding AG will look great but it won't directly help City which is what we all really care about here. The bigger the Bristol Sport monster grows the harder it will be to find a buyer to take on the whole lot. Any bit by bit sale will see BCFC sperated from Ashton Gate and that really will spell huge trouble for the future of the club.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

4 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

On the SL in/out.

Good and bad things, in some ways progress, in some ways steps back.

He has run his course...and his son is of questionable willingness and aptitude.

For football it is a long era. Bad luck with Ashton Vale, but failing to twist properly in January 2008, failing to properly back NP this summer.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Thanks Maggie, now go polish Steve's golf clubs

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

If only the blind could see.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, frenchred said:

Thanks Maggie, now go polish Steve's golf clubs

Well said, now use your not considerable intellect to respond to my post, you complete half wit…every City supporter should be proud and grateful for the chance to polish anything he wants.

If you don't like his ownership, dig your grubby little paw in your back pocket, pull out your grubby plastic little wallet, buy the club and start financing it yourself.

Edited by Fatknacker
Punctuation
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 4

9 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Well said, now use your not considerable intellect to respond to my post, you complete half wit…every City supporter should be proud and grateful for the chance to polish anything he wants.

If you don't like his ownership, dig your grubby little paw in your back pocket, pull out your grubby plastic little wallet, buy the club and start financing it yourself.

Sounds like you should get your nose out of his ass

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Agree with the response if not the content :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

What a good little bootlicker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

What a stupid post.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Last time I was down the Gate working and asked what was going on? Was told it was going to the courts. So could be years away yet. That was the jist I got.....

Isn't that the arena etc that are going to court?