IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Inside the stand ?

What is it?

On a random tangent, many years ago I can remember the club ran a scheme where we had our names put on our seats with one of our season ticket renewals, I had my name on a seat in the Atyeo, I wondered if they were still there - perhaps a question for @JerrySLO?

Remember that, I had my name on my seat in the Dolman.

When the seats were replaced in the refurb they all went, have to say I didn’t mind too much as they had managed to spell my first name wrong anyway..

Fairly typical experience of being a City fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Inside the stand ?

What is it?

On a random tangent, many years ago I can remember the club ran a scheme where we had our names put on our seats with one of our season ticket renewals, I had my name on a seat in the Atyeo, I wondered if they were still there - perhaps a question for @JerrySLO?

Don't tell me, they spelled Phantom with an F ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Is it me or does our new stadium, from the outside look grubby? I was working down there yesterday and noticed that all frame work is either rusty or covered in green grim and dirt and even inside the roof supports could do with a touch up. 

Also I hear that the sporting qtr seems to be going to the courts, I guess this means another 2 year delay?

It does seem which is daft if me to day considering the great redevelopment that finished in 2016, but it does seem a bit in places yeah.

Minor in the grand scheme of things but pre game that clock at the Atyeo Lansdown corner never seems to be switched on for football even ore game but rugby certainly. Metaphor for a certain lack of interest in the club and wider matchday experience?

Ground could do with a bit of TLC.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Inside the stand ?

What is it?

I will try and pop in and have a look tomorrow when back down the gate. It's inside going up the wall on the stairs.

Edited by Full nelson
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Henry said:

When you drive past the stadium, you wouldn’t even know it’s Bristol city’s football stadium. Just a big grey block.

Talking to a Newcastle supporter when we played them, he said "nice of you to decorate your new stadium in our colours".

Sums it up really.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I always think something should be on the back of the Lansdown so you see it coming down Rownham Hill. Not sure what though.

It would be lost if/when all the new structures go up next door.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Talking to a Newcastle supporter when we played them, he said "nice of you to decorate your new stadium in our colours".

Sums it up really.

It would be lost if/when all the new structures go up next door.

I suppose so but I just remember the WOW factor driving down there when it was being built and thought we missed a trick.

• Like 1

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I suppose so but I just remember the WOW factor driving down there when it was being built and thought we missed a trick.

I agree, there is also opportunity to put something on the Dolman front where that long expanse of exposed roofing is - directly opposite the cameras. But I suppose that would be seen as cosmetic.

Having said that, some of the stuff in the concourses is outstanding tbf and I think JL (or whoever) deserves some credit for that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I agree, there is also opportunity to put something on the Dolman front where that long expanse of exposed roofing is - directly opposite the cameras. But I suppose that would be seen as cosmetic.

Having said that, some of the stuff in the concourses is outstanding tbf and I think JL (or whoever) deserves some credit for that.

I agree about the Dolman and have been saying it for years ever since I went to Valley Parade for the LC game. Just a simple Bradford City Football Club with the crest in the middle was all it was but it really did look the part.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Henry said:

When you drive past the stadium, you wouldn’t even know it’s Bristol city’s football stadium. Just a big grey block.

Absolutely. You go to other grounds and you see their clubs crest on the exterior of their main stand . I know we have the egg chasers. But would love to see a huge Bristol City emblem on either the Lansdown or south stand. But you are spot on. 

• Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Henry said:

I'm amazed there aren't two massive Bristol City and Bristol Bears badges on the outside

All we seem to get, is on a matchday with the lights being either red or blue on the outside

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm amazed there aren't two massive Bristol City and Bristol Bears badges on the outside

All we seem to get, is on a matchday with the lights being either red or blue on the outside

Absolutely. I guess some fans would moan about having the Bears badge on display.

Something to raise in one of your meetings?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Agreed.

Plus, at the risk of repeating myself, that bit of exposed roof on the Dolman is right opposite the cameras and is crying out for Ashton Gate plus logo(s) to be written on it. Very bland as it is and I would have thought relatively easy to get something done there. 

Maybe signage could be brought up at the SC&T meeting with the club sometime ?

• Like 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

When the seats were replaced in the refurb they all went, have to say I didn’t mind too much as they had managed to spell my first name wrong anyway..

I didn’t realise they replaced the Atyeo seats 

Shows how dangerous sleeping is 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Henry said:

Absolutely. I guess some fans would moan about having the Bears badge on display.

Something to raise in one of your meetings?

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Agreed.

Plus, at the risk of repeating myself, that bit of exposed roof on the Dolman is right opposite the cameras and is crying out for Ashton Gate plus logo(s) to be written on it. Very bland as it is and I would have thought relatively easy to get something done there. 

Maybe signage could be brought up at the SC&T meeting with the club sometime ?

We'll be meeting with the club sometime in December, I will ask the questions 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I too have noticed how the stadium could do with pressure washing and some general TLC. 

I fear that this TLC won't happen unless we get into the premier league when suddenly we'll see the whole stadium given a spruce up. 

Like on the pitch, there just seeks to be a bit of a sense of drift around the club doesn't there- short if promotion of course.

Seems strange given a CEO and manager have left in the last 3 months but we seem to be meandering along as a club.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 hours ago, Henry said:

I took some neutral friends to Ashton Gate for their first time on a non match day and they said they wouldn’t have known whos stadium it was . Nothing city on the exterior and when you looked inside the lansdown concourse it was covered in rugby pictures , even the big screen outside was online advertising rugby things .

• Like 3

11 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I always thought the ceiling of the Dolman still looked like it needed a lick of paint after the re-fit was finished 

I thought the re - spray of the Dolman roof would have happened by now, clearly the board have forgotten or just can't be bothered to spend the money on it but it really lets the stadium down especially from an aerial view.

Would also be nice to get some sort of club badge/ identity on the cladding on the outside of the stadium aswell. Walking up to the stadium you wouldn't have a clue that we play there, just swaths of white cladding and not a lot else on the exterior is there. Poor IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That's not good they could of at least review it before they put it out on the seat.

45 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I took some neutral friends to Ashton Gate for their first time on a non match day and they said they wouldn’t have known whos stadium it was . Nothing city on the exterior and when you looked inside the lansdown concourse it was covered in rugby pictures , even the big screen outside was online advertising rugby things .

And we move are fixtures for the rugby grinds my gears!! We definitely need something outside the ground.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Street red said:

That's not good they could of at least review it before they put it out on the seat.

And we move are fixtures for the rugby grinds my gears!! We definitely need something outside the ground.

We've moved ONE game for the rugby and that was only because they thought this game would be played at the Millenium Stadium so didn't want City at home that day so more fans could make the journey to Wales. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2