IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

On 14/10/2023 at 12:06, phantom said:

Not that I could ever imagine this happening in Bristol but I was really surprised by this story (apologies for the publication) 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24389652/live-next-stadium-homeless-christmas/

Why apologise for the publication? Would it be more acceptable coming from the Guardian? 

On 17/10/2023 at 21:01, Son of Fred said:

Love that phrase-

It's definitely not affordable for those with **** all..

On 17/10/2023 at 21:18, Bristol Rob said:

Innit. Social Housing needs to get included along with affordable.

Affordable housing is social housing. 

Whenever developers talk about affordable, they are referring to social housing. 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

No it isn't, Social Housing is what used to be called Council Houses

New estates need to have social housing/council houses/housing Associations, however you want to use the term.

They use affordable housing as a term to get around saying it’s social housing, as let’s be honest, there isn’t many people who would be that keen on spending £500k on a new build to find next door are paying about £400 a month rent for a house.

It’s also clear that it’s social housing/council houses/ housing Associations   as you can’t actually buy any of these “affordable homes” can you. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Social housing will include housing associations as well as the council and its linked to incomes rather than a set rental.

Yep, I wasn't very clear - Social Housing can be provided by a HA as well as the council.

The rent is linked to average incomes in the area, rather than somebody's personal income.

4 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

New estates need to have social housing/council houses/housing Associations, however you want to use the term.

They use affordable housing as a term to get around saying it’s social housing, as let’s be honest, there isn’t many people who would be that keen on spending £500k on a new build to find next door are paying about £400 a month rent for a house.

It’s also clear that it’s social housing/council houses/ housing Associations   as you can’t actually buy any of these “affordable homes” can you. 

Whilst Social Housing is a subset of Affordable. Affordable Housing is by no means all Social.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Yep, I wasn't very clear - Social Housing can be provided by a HA as well as the council.

The rent is linked to average incomes in the area, rather than somebody's personal income.

Whilst Social Housing is a subset of Affordable. Affordable Housing is by no means all Social.

Rich, you have it wrong sorry,

Find me any new builds where you as the general public can buy affordable houses, you won’t, as they all go to HA/Councils etc. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 3

Affordable housing covers a multitude of housing tenures, ranging from part- ownership to pure social housing.

Can remember an edict that the design of developments should be ‘tenure-blind’  but we always used to note that, once built, you could always tell the social housing from the rest by proliferation of satellite dishes.

• Haha 1

On 17/10/2023 at 08:25, Port Said Red said:

People from all walks of life will be looking to get a house there, including a few on this forum no doubt. 

Never intended to imply that the only purchasers would be 'middle class snoops' - more than happy to accept that you don't have to be middle class to be a snoop and not all middle class people are snoops.

My recent experience of 'affordable housing' is that the four two bedroom units were acquired by two single junior doctors, a single police sergeant (graduate entrant) and a single mechanical engineer with a Masters.  More about how much their parents could lend as a deposit than the true need for 'affordable housing'.  This was in an area where the house prices are significantly less than Bristol.  So I wish everyone luck in their application.

Edited by Hxj

On 17/10/2023 at 08:58, bcfc01 said:

They should operate within their licence and planning conditions, there will be no issues if they do that.

I am aware of a local development (to me) where a 'heritage railway' sold off land for housing development.  Within 24 hours of moving in three new occupants tried to get the railway closed down for the reasons stated, despite the contracts they entered into when purchasing their house, and the railway operating entirely legally,.

Apparently buying a house with a 'seriously asthmatic 2 year old' next to a steam railway was the fault of the railway not the purchaser.

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Hxj said:

I am aware of a local development (to me) where a 'heritage railway' sold off land for housing development.  Within 24 hours of moving in three new occupants tried to get the railway closed down for the reasons stated, despite the contracts they entered into when purchasing their house, and the railway operating entirely legally,.

Apparently buying a house with a 'seriously asthmatic 2 year old' next to a steam railway was the fault of the railway not the purchaser.

Please tell me that had a happy ending

Is it me or does our new stadium, from the outside look grubby? I was working down there yesterday and noticed that all frame work is either rusty or covered in green grim and dirt and even inside the roof supports could do with a touch up. 

Also I hear that the sporting qtr seems to be going to the courts, I guess this means another 2 year delay?

22 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Is it me or does our new stadium, from the outside look grubby? I was working down there yesterday and noticed that all frame work is either rusty or covered in green grim and dirt and even inside the roof supports could do with a touch up. 

Also I hear that the sporting qtr seems to be going to the courts, I guess this means another 2 year delay?

Agree. Needs a good clean.

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I always thought the ceiling of the Dolman still looked like it needed a lick of paint after the re-fit was finished 

Agree, always struck me as cheap that we just let the red paint fade to pink, and the pink faded paint steadily fade to the weird pale colour it is now. 

2 hours ago, Full nelson said:

I'm wondering if that might be related to our owner's general lack of enthusiasm for the club. I must agree with you that the ground in places especially the Atyeo is beginning to look a little careworn.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

Nice new mural going up in the Atyeo though 

Inside the stand ?

What is it?

On a random tangent, many years ago I can remember the club ran a scheme where we had our names put on our seats with one of our season ticket renewals, I had my name on a seat in the Atyeo, I wondered if they were still there - perhaps a question for @JerrySLO?