IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

On 02/12/2023 at 15:21, Midlands Robin said:

The redevelopment of the area surrounding AG will look great but it won't directly help City

Anyone know if increased revenue attributed to the expansion of facilities - hotel, conference, basketball arena etc. in anyway benefits our FFP obligations?

1 minute ago, Thomas_red said:

Anyone know if increased revenue attributed to the expansion of facilities - hotel, conference, basketball arena etc. in anyway benefits our FFP obligations?

It should do, a lot of it.

Hotel and Conference facilities certainly...can come with costs too.

Probably more that can fit the category too.

Under the new system we could able to add the income with minimal impact upon costs.

Wonder too if the Basketball Arena coukd be stuck under Club Ownership and rented to the Flyers.

Could it also enhance sponsorship and naming rights potential for the group as a whole? Maybe.

On 04/12/2023 at 00:29, Fatknacker said:

Well said, now use your not considerable intellect to respond to my post, you complete half wit…every City supporter should be proud and grateful for the chance to polish anything he wants.

If you don't like his ownership, dig your grubby little paw in your back pocket, pull out your grubby plastic little wallet, buy the club and start financing it yourself.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Under the new system we could able to add the income with minimal impact upon costs.

Wonder too if the Basketball Arena coukd be stuck under Club Ownership and rented to the Flyers.

Could it also enhance sponsorship and naming rights potential for the group as a whole? Maybe.

I'm interested to see what the ownership of the new development will look like. Like will it be owned by Ashton Gate Ltd? Cos at the moment it's being done by estaban investments I believe? There's been no indication that it will be transfered to Ashton Gate ltd? All I've seen is that it's been referred to as a sister company? 

I dont think the basketball will own the arena so will be tenants. The main purpose of the arena I'd suggest is non sporting activities. Concerts, conventions etc. I don't know if there is any financial controls in basketball? Assuming there is not you could have it where the basketball pay fair value to rent the arena from Ashton Gate and Steve Lansdown covers that out of his own pocket. 

There would like you see be the potential to have naming rights on the arena which is another money earner. 

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, Thomas_red said:

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

'm interested to see what the ownership of the new development will look like. Like will it be owned by Ashton Gate Ltd? Cos at the moment it's being done by estaban investments I believe?

If the development was undertaken in Ashton Gate Limited the costs would have crippled that company for FFP purposes, you only have to see what happened with Bramley Dock and Everton.

I'd expect the development to be transferred to Ashton Gate Ltd in due course.  Once transferred the profits would feed into the FFP calculation for Bristol City Holdings Ltd, unless it was deemed to be too remote from the football trade for EFL purposes, but I don't see that happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hxj said:

If the development was undertaken in Ashton Gate Limited the costs would have crippled that company for FFP purposes, you only have to see what happened with Bramley Dock and Everton.

I'd expect the development to be transferred to Ashton Gate Ltd in due course.  Once transferred the profits would feed into the FFP calculation for Bristol City Holdings Ltd, unless it was deemed to be too remote from the football trade for EFL purposes, but I don't see that happening.

I thought infrastructure improvements were exempt 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I thought infrastructure improvements were exempt 

When you account for the improvement, like a new building you capitalise the costs of the structure, so you don't have a cost that is deducted as an expense.  Ina  development project there are many expenses which you cannot capitalise and would therefore appear in the P&L and therefore count for FFP purposes. 

Plus if the whole development collapsed that would potentially put Ashton Gate Ltd into liquidation, which completely negates the purpose of a separate stadium company.

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hxj said:

When you account for the improvement, like a new building you capitalise the costs of the structure, so you don't have a cost that is deducted as an expense.  Ina  development project there are many expenses which you cannot capitalise and would therefore appear in the P&L and therefore count for FFP purposes. 

Plus if the whole development collapsed that would potentially put Ashton Gate Ltd into liquidation, which completely negates the purpose of a separate stadium company.

Wasn't the Everton issue in a large part about pre and post Planning Permission (plus obviously overspending on players etc).

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wasn't the Everton issue in a large part about pre and post Planning Permission

It was - Everton claimed that if they had capitalised the interest costs of the development then there would not have been an issue.  Unfortunately following accounting standards they couldn't capitalise any of it, which shows how much thought went into their defence ....

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hxj said:

It was - Everton claimed that if they had capitalised the interest costs of the development then there would not have been an issue.  Unfortunately following accounting standards they couldn't capitalise any of it, which shows how much thought went into their defence ....

Thanks. Without diverging onto Everton surely that wouldn't have been a risk here for us or would it?

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm interested to see what the ownership of the new development will look like. Like will it be owned by Ashton Gate Ltd? Cos at the moment it's being done by estaban investments I believe? There's been no indication that it will be transfered to Ashton Gate ltd? All I've seen is that it's been referred to as a sister company? 

I dont think the basketball will own the arena so will be tenants. The main purpose of the arena I'd suggest is non sporting activities. Concerts, conventions etc. I don't know if there is any financial controls in basketball? Assuming there is not you could have it where the basketball pay fair value to rent the arena from Ashton Gate and Steve Lansdown covers that out of his own pocket. 

There would like you see be the potential to have naming rights on the arena which is another money earner. 

There is a salary cap on basketball

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Probably mentioned before, but Wickes is closing at the end of this month. Could things finally be happening? 

I don’t think so.  Think all the season ticket parking was renewed before Xmas, so nothing until summer.  Still waiting for the judicial review anyway.

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Probably mentioned before, but Wickes is closing at the end of this month. Could things finally be happening? 

It been stated that the disputed development at ‘Longmoor Village’, was to aid fund the Sporting Quarter. 
Until that is settled I don't think there will be any movement.

1 hour ago, Hxj said:

Ffp and the prem equivalent are two completely different set of rules by two different governing bodies, you can't compare the 2

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Ffp and the prem equivalent are two completely different set of rules by two different governing bodies, you can't compare the 2

In principle I agree, however both rely on accounts which are prepared to the same accounting standards.  So whilst there will always be differences in interpretation and application a set of accounts prepared for the EPL will be identical to one prepared for the EFL with the same underlying transactions.

It is those accounts which are relevant in this thread.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This a vague loophole that will be closed 

28 minutes ago, Hxj said:

In principle I agree, however both rely on accounts which are prepared to the same accounting standards.  So whilst there will always be differences in interpretation and application a set of accounts prepared for the EPL will be identical to one prepared for the EFL with the same underlying transactions.

It is those accounts which are relevant in this thread.

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

This a vague loophole that will be closed 

Which bit.

Commercial Revenue is widely recognised as a correct and legitimate revenue stream. What is or can be more contentious is Related Party Sponsorship (hello Brum) if it is oddly inflated.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Can nothing in this city just get done without all the fuss 

ffs we have a great city ( which nearly every away fan says when coming here ,

I work all over the country and nearly everywhere I go when they know I’m from Bristol  ( which is usually after half a sentence 🙈🚜👩‍🌾) they always say how much they love Bristol ( and the accent which I find bizarre ) 

but to get anything done it goes through the mill & back and takes ages , I’m still waiting for the metro system I use to read about in the evening post when I was about 14 I’m now in my fifties and still waiting and reading about it .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Thomas_red said:

A few of us from the SC&T went through the finances of the club and how every £1 we spend gets into which account etc 

Minutes and graphics are close to being completed where all this will be explained 

It's not as black and white as we thought 

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

I think that this is a straight replacement for ETM (unsurprisingly) 

Ashton Gate appoint Veolia as waste contractor - Ashton Gate (ashtongatestadium.co.uk)

Ashton Gate appoint Veolia as waste contractor

20 February 2024

Ashton Gate has appointed Veolia as the stadium’s new recycling and waste contractor.

The one-year contract will see Veolia manage all waste stream collections for Ashton Gate Stadium, Robins High Performance Centre and Bristol Bears High Performance Centre.

Using the expertise gained from serving a number of key sporting venues, Veolia will provide a proactive, reliable service seven days a week, with zero waste going to landfill treatment. Veolia’s Bristol service centre is local to the stadium and both High Performance Centres, minimising the operation’s carbon footprint, helping Ashton Gate and the Bristol Sport Group meet the sustainability goals set by Project Whitebeam.

Project Whitebeam is a joint effort across the sporting group’s clubs and Ashton Gate Stadium to recognise, measure and mitigate Bristol Sport’s impact on the environment. This aligns closely with Veolia’s purpose of ecological transformation, which places sustainability at the forefront of the company’s processes, solutions and mindset.

In addition to overseeing the general waste stream and the recycling of plastic, cardboard, food and glass, Veolia’s online Customer Hub will also enable Ashton Gate to review, report and optimise the stadium’s environmental performance with usage data per individual game.

Ross Wormald, Operations Director for Ashton Gate said:

“I’m hugely excited with Veolia’s global influence and expertise, it will positively benefit our recycling challenges, enhancing our total waste management strategy and sustainability credentials. Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate are proud to have Veolia as a key partner in helping us achieve our waste recycling goals.” 

Commenting on the partnership, Adam Wylie, Veolia’s Managing Director for Commercial said:

“By partnering with Ashton Gate we will be able to help them make a significant positive impact on their recycling rates, and further progress their sustainability. Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Stadium have ambitious goals, which aligns with Veolia’s purpose of ecological transformation, and we are looking forward to implementing some of our initiatives and innovations in this partnership.”

Supporters are encouraged to respect our community and use bins on matchdays.

Ashton Gate’s proximity to the Avon Gorge, historic harbour and local parkland makes it a special and unique stadium. Children play near here so if local bins are full, please bring your litter to the stadium and dispose of it upon arrival in the bins in the Fan Village/concourse.

For more information about Veolia visit www.veolia.co.uk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I think that this is a straight replacement for ETM (unsurprisingly) 

Ashton Gate appoint Veolia as waste contractor - Ashton Gate (ashtongatestadium.co.uk)

Ashton Gate appoint Veolia as waste contractor

20 February 2024

Ashton Gate has appointed Veolia as the stadium’s new recycling and waste contractor.

The one-year contract will see Veolia manage all waste stream collections for Ashton Gate Stadium, Robins High Performance Centre and Bristol Bears High Performance Centre.

Using the expertise gained from serving a number of key sporting venues, Veolia will provide a proactive, reliable service seven days a week, with zero waste going to landfill treatment. Veolia’s Bristol service centre is local to the stadium and both High Performance Centres, minimising the operation’s carbon footprint, helping Ashton Gate and the Bristol Sport Group meet the sustainability goals set by Project Whitebeam.

Project Whitebeam is a joint effort across the sporting group’s clubs and Ashton Gate Stadium to recognise, measure and mitigate Bristol Sport’s impact on the environment. This aligns closely with Veolia’s purpose of ecological transformation, which places sustainability at the forefront of the company’s processes, solutions and mindset.

In addition to overseeing the general waste stream and the recycling of plastic, cardboard, food and glass, Veolia’s online Customer Hub will also enable Ashton Gate to review, report and optimise the stadium’s environmental performance with usage data per individual game.

Ross Wormald, Operations Director for Ashton Gate said:

“I’m hugely excited with Veolia’s global influence and expertise, it will positively benefit our recycling challenges, enhancing our total waste management strategy and sustainability credentials. Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate are proud to have Veolia as a key partner in helping us achieve our waste recycling goals.” 

Commenting on the partnership, Adam Wylie, Veolia’s Managing Director for Commercial said:

“By partnering with Ashton Gate we will be able to help them make a significant positive impact on their recycling rates, and further progress their sustainability. Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Stadium have ambitious goals, which aligns with Veolia’s purpose of ecological transformation, and we are looking forward to implementing some of our initiatives and innovations in this partnership.”

Supporters are encouraged to respect our community and use bins on matchdays.

Ashton Gate’s proximity to the Avon Gorge, historic harbour and local parkland makes it a special and unique stadium. Children play near here so if local bins are full, please bring your litter to the stadium and dispose of it upon arrival in the bins in the Fan Village/concourse.

For more information about Veolia visit www.veolia.co.uk.

Plus.............they're cheaper ?