IGNORED

Another Punch on the Nose ! FBC Podcast [recording of live show]

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/another-punch-on-the-nose-recording-of-todays-fbc-live-podcast/

Take a listen if you want to hear me, Ian, Mark and an unusually critical Professor DavFevs review the latest *hitshow from Ashton Gate.

Pathetic defending, missed chances and a persistence with a lightweight midfield consigned City to defeat. 

It's Holden from now on - none of this matey Deano stuff !!!

17 minutes ago, headhunter said:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/another-punch-on-the-nose-recording-of-todays-fbc-live-podcast/

Take a listen if you want to hear me, Ian, Mark and an unusually critical Professor DavFevs review the latest *hitshow from Ashton Gate.

Pathetic defending, missed chances and a persistence with a lightweight midfield consigned City to defeat. 

It's Holden from now on - none of this matey Deano stuff !!!

I hope it imposes it on the players too , I don’t want to hear a player refer to him as ‘Deano’ again. Kalas did it on sound of the city a few weeks back 

I was out on a long run after the game in the wind and rain and thought I'd check if you were doing a show. Timed it perfectly and listened to the whole thing live. The views, moaning and Fevs losing his shit was a nice distraction from the rain in the face!

Yes, @davefevs was "on it" yesterday!  0/10 for each of the central defenders was uncharacteristically harsh! We're calling him the Professor for his in depth analytical approach - the thinking man's analyst much like in days gone by Mariella Frostrup was known as the thinking man's crumpet!!!

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Yes, @davefevs was "on it" yesterday!  0/10 for each of the central defenders was uncharacteristically harsh! We're calling him the Professor for his in depth analytical approach - the thinking man's analyst much like in days gone by Mariella Frostrup was known as the thinking man's crumpet!!!

Must be more recent, Joan Bakewell was the original recipient of that phrase.

Another enjoyable listen. Thanks lads. I do have to take issue with Dave F and giving COD an 8. At 2-0 down I started just watching COD to assess his contribution, commitment to the cause etc. TBH he was pitiful for 10 mins either side of half time he ran around in a 10 x 10 metre square either side of the half way line. He feebly gave away the ball in the build up to Bently taking one in the face and the casually jogged back as though he had nothing to do with it. Towards the latter stages of the second half he improved and looked half decent but at the time others were tiring / giving up so it was easier to shine during that period.

Sorry COD was no better than a 4 on that showing. I can't recall him making any meaningful contribution to justify an 8...sorry Dave youre usually spot on but can't agree on this one.

17 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Another enjoyable listen. Thanks lads. I do have to take issue with Dave F and giving COD an 8. At 2-0 down I started just watching COD to assess his contribution, commitment to the cause etc. TBH he was pitiful for 10 mins either side of half time he ran around in a 10 x 10 metre square either side of the half way line. He feebly gave away the ball in the build up to Bently taking one in the face and the casually jogged back as though he had nothing to do with it. Towards the latter stages of the second half he improved and looked half decent but at the time others were tiring / giving up so it was easier to shine during that period.

Sorry COD was no better than a 4 on that showing. I can't recall him making any meaningful contribution to justify an 8...sorry Dave youre usually spot on but can't agree on this one.

Don’t pick on me ???

He’s a 7 in my notebook.  I thought he committed Norwich players, getting them 3 yellows.

But I’m not allowed to critique his off the ball stuff ? it’s a massive weakness imho, so I’ve given up posting about it.  Perhaps yesterday’s off the ball stuff from Pato and Brunt blurred my ratings ???

But if you want a bit of fun....scrub through frame by frame Norwich’s 2nd goal yesterday from the point their RB gets the ball.  Halloween was definitely yesterday....it’s a horror show.  I beg you to freeze the play at any point and not be able to spot piss-poor defensive shape, aimless running and non-marking.

It’s a master class in sh1te defending.

That’s the first time that I’ve listened a to FBC podcast as I know two of the guys personally Ian and Mark and  hear their opinions before every home game in the SC&T bar so heard nothing new in that regard...........:cool2:

It struck me that we had three unqualified coaches analysing the game to a modest amount of listeners in a very self important manner - I definitely won’t be listening in again..............:dunno:

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s the first time that I’ve listened a to FBC podcast as I know two of the guys personally Ian and Mark and  hear their opinions before every home game in the SC&T bar so heard nothing new in that regard...........:cool2:

It struck me that we had three unqualified coaches analysing the game to a modest amount of listeners in a very self important manner - I definitely won’t be listening in again..............:dunno:

I have no affinity to this podcast and haven’t listened but can I ask why you feel the need to be such a rude tw*t?  It’s pathetic......if you’ve got nothing good to say about it maybe just don’t say anything at all? I know you seemingly get a kick from being controversial (putting it politely) but your contributions are just very very sad sometimes......I’m guessing those that go to the effort of putting this on won’t lost much sleep over your critique,  but still.  

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ha ha, a crushing put down from a poster who's insight and expert football knowledge so often leaves OTIB readers spellbound in admiration. :whistle2:

I don't know any of them but I like the cut of their jib when talking all things City.

They strike me as knowledgeable about City and football in general, opinionated, and each one could clearly talk for England - but that's exactly why they're suitable for the podcast.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pretty rude thing to say about at least one of the two people you know personally.

I couldn’t give a flying duck what you think of my contribution, good or bad, if you speak like that of people you know.

FWIW it’s a lovely way to me to have the chance to discuss football without resorting to typing everything.  I thank Dave @headhunterfor setting it up, for allowing me to come on and finally to discuss my thoughts with Ian and Mark (and Steve when he’s on) and discuss points raised by a modest bunch of listeners.

Coaching badges....what difference does that make to a podcast discussing a game of football.

You really can be a complete bell-end sometimes.

Just like the transfer forum and the songs posts, you seem to find it very difficult to stay away from them, so I wonder if you’ll be listening in again ?.

But if you genuinely don’t like it, then don’t listen.  Sorry @headhunterif you’ve lost one listener due to my posts.

Happy Troll to Voice of Reason....perhaps change that to bitter old man!

The podcast sounded just like three unqualified coaches, City fans sitting in a pub chatting about City, the type on conversation you’d near pretty much in any setting.

Im subjected to both Mark and Ian’s take on all thing City before every home game so apart from Davefevs views I’d heard it all before.............:dunno:

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The podcast sounded just like three unqualified coaches, City fans sitting in a pub chatting about City, the type on conversation you’d near pretty much in any setting.

Im subjected to both Mark and Ian’s take on all thing City before every home game so apart from Davefevs views I’d heard it all before.............:dunno:

And that is all it is meant to be!!!!!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

For someone that had a career dealing with people who suffered with mental health issues (correct me if I’m wrong?), you spend a lot of time on here putting people down & trying to make them feel worthless!! Pretty shameful really!! I’m just glad I don’t actually know you!

And as for the podcast, what are you expecting from a football podcast from supporters of a football club? Or were you actually expecting them to discuss the economic value of Covid-19 on Nigeria?

Maybe hindsight’s a wonderful thing but I think you are the only person that didn’t realise what a group of Bristol City fans were going to discuss, am I right? (I honestly don’t need you to answer).

Mark and Ian must be loving the fact they can’t attend home games..........something good came of COVID.

My main question is, what the **** were you expecting?

You annoyed @headhunter hadn't got Pep on to analyse it YET AGAIN?!

They may not all be coaches but they're clearly all guys who've watched a decent amount for a long time and broadly know what they're on about. I certainly don't always agree but it's nice to hear what they have to say.

Personally I like the way it sounds and is run, and think the host especially does a great job moving it along and raising interesting bits to chat about.

You on the other hand...

9 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

They may not all be coaches but they're clearly all guys who've watched a decent amount for a long time and broadly know what they're on about. I certainly don't always agree but it's nice to hear what they have to say.

Personally I like the way it sounds and is run, and think the host especially does a great job moving it along and raising interesting bits to chat about.

You on the other hand...

Thank you. I'm just doing it for the crack and it takes away some of the pain of not spending Saturdays doing what I'd done for 53 years!!! 

28 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

You on the other hand...

To be fair when me and Pep and Jose sat down in a pub to discuss me coming on the pod, 

I was searching for advice, pointers, any kind of golden nugget of information that i could glean from them, between us, we’d won 16 league titles and four Champions Leagues. In the end, i found the two men, who have feuded bitterly in the past, shared a common trait each might not recognise in the other.

It was about the tactical ideas,  i recall of our meeting. It was interesting because it wasn’t just me firing questions. That’s what impressed me with Guardiola and Mourinho. I don’t think you can be as successful as they are without being top humans, top people.

they said don’t worry about the badges or the powerpoints, screenshots, ovals and arrows are what it’s all about, but if you’re on a podcast just make it natural like your chatting football in a pub.

Wise words indeed I thought to myself afterwards.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

they said don’t worry about the badges or the powerpoints, screenshots, ovals and arrows are what it’s all about, but if you’re on a podcast just make it natural like your chatting football in a pub.

Wise words indeed I thought to myself afterwards.

That’s exactly what it sounded like - especially as I get to hear Mark and Ian before every home game.
So a good job was done my all.

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s exactly what it sounded like - especially as I get to hear Mark and Ian before every home game.
So a good job was done my all.

You really are a first class bellend, it’s four blokes who clearly care about the club. The podcast has a good mix of views , the guys may not have coaching badges but they put their point across well regardless of whether you agree or not. Your life must be very empty if you’ve got to find fault with everything and everyone. Get out , meet people it will enhance your life. These type of podcasts  take peoples time up which they do for love, same as the OSIB guys

3 minutes ago, daored said:

You really are a first class bellend, it’s four blokes who clearly care about the club. The podcast has a good mix of views , the guys may not have coaching badges but they put their point across well regardless of whether you agree or not. Your life must be very empty if you’ve got to find fault with everything and everyone. Get out , meet people it will enhance your life. These type of podcasts  take peoples time up which they do for love, same as the OSIB guys

At least one has done some coaching badges.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Then why have you been on this forum for so many years doing just that?

50 minutes ago, daored said:

OSIB do it for the money from Mansion Bet now. :whistle: (Only joking well deserved.) 

Archived