IGNORED

The Lee Johnson Thread (Merged)

Never to the dark side

41 minutes ago, lenred said:

I did think that Robbo but then why take charge at all?  Possibly if one was being mischievous you might say that they were playing the bottom club in the Division and as such he felt a mark in his win column was a given? 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I wonder if he took charge of today because it was against Wigan. Like him or loath him, it’s the sort of decision he’d make. 

Blimey Fordy, you REALLY hate him don’t you. 
Maybe he took charge because he was appointed the manager and it’s his duty to now take charge. Jeez. 
Plenty to criticise LJ for, but you’re scraping a barrel somewhat there mate. 

Did he nob yer Mrs or summat? 

Predictably LJ made several team changes ( the Sunderland Echo described them as eye catching) despite not having taken a training session. Afterwards - equally predictably - he had a sly dig at others. " I wanted to take charge, I'm glad I did, I'm learning about the players... But also the staff. It was a bit quiet around the place before the game"

Just now, Portland Bill said:

Taken from the Sunderland forum, re LJ’s first post match interview.

“Plenty of management speak waffle post match”

Was just about to post that myself. Classic. 

Get used to it boys! Enjoy. 

I work with a few Mackems and they reckon they will give him time to deliver. One of them has since texted me saying he will be gone if takeover happens. A club in a bit of a mess by the sounds of things.
The post match interview by Johnson is laughable. Glad he’s gone.

27 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It gets better!!

“He comes across like someone who thinks they’re much cleverer then they actually are. Be interesting to hear his excuses a few losses in”

Didn't take long for them to suss him out then!!

• Don't want to drown the players in their weaknesses (he almost said his weaknesses) - that’s a negative way to start!
  • We showed a good attitude to turn (1:24) - what does that mean?
  • some Brentisms - let me take the pain!

Now he’s got a job, a good job too, I think my interest in how he does is going, apart from the bet with Fordy.

24 minutes ago, Henry said:

God I do not miss these sort of interviews.

My main take away is that either he needs to lose some weight or buy clothes that fit him.

Stopped after 2 mins when he mentioned 'filling zones' then about 4-3-3 formation and wanting '5 maybe 6 players in the box attacking'. Thus leaving back 4 totally exposed to counter attack. Utter bollocks as normal. Already calling out 'weakness, lack of personality, creativity'....

Good luck Lee, you're going to need it.

57 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’d recommend watching the first sixty seconds of his interview. I’ve no idea what he’s on about... addressing three sets of people?

I can't even get that far. 
I'd forgotten how much I hated his horseshit interviews. 

48 minutes ago, Henry said:

My main take away is that either he needs to lose some weight or buy clothes that fit him.

“I’m coming from a rapid rate of learning, the studying I did prior to this appointment was for another club”

Never change Lee.

50 minutes ago, Henry said:

God I really do not miss this Man. Might well  be a lovely bloke, not a great Manager

Think he took that game at short notice today purely based on the opposition. Almost every manager would wait until Monday.

Knowing Lee’s mindset he thought a few eye catching changes, grab an easy win versus the leagues whipping boys and take the plaudits to massage his ego that has been unattended for 6 months. 

Couldn’t so stomach more than 30 seconds of that interview but can also see how he sucks you in as a new manager for your club. 

Interested to see how this appointment goes. 19th December he plays Steve Cotterill/Aaron Wilbrahams Shrewsbury - should be a good one!

I think it's exactly the appointment Lee needs. He needs an achievement on his rather sparse CV, namely a promotion. Being blunt, I think it's the sort of appointment he should have perhaps taken before coming to us, not afterwards - as in, getting a reasonable side promoted to the Championship.

Sunderland to the Championship isn't exactly going to turn a load of heads but it's a good start, and he still has a job to do there. Playoffs at a minimum, and promotion wouldn't be a surprise. It's still not easy though of course, so good luck to him.

It's fascinating though and I'll actually be paying attention to L1 a bit this year, with both him and Cotts taking on very different challenges.

3 hours ago, Henry said:

Hahahah **** me what an interview. My god i am glad we sacked him, enjoy Sunderland fans I genuinely stopped watching after 2 mins.. what utter drivel!!

Archived