IGNORED

QPR (a) - Tues 19:45 1st Dec - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

er... Bakinson, Massengo either would be better pick than Brunt for me.

Bakinson is still building up his fitness after returning to training yesterday.  Brunt is ahead of Massengo in pecking order.  Holden sticking to his principles.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

On Aguero, Pep said it was a knee niggle and he'll miss one game only.

The DeGea comment was that he's fit again and fully fit squad.

Gilmour I suppose the best and worst example because whilst Lampard went into detail that he's fit, needs minutes but will be back in on the bench, it's not like he's a focal part of their team.

Yeah, as a manager I'd be tempted to try to deceive or at least not inform the opposition manager, but I think there is also an expectation that you keep stakeholders informed to an extent. I suppose you pick and choose your cases.

Going back to that old Walsh and Williams debate, I never saw that as something to keep from the opposition. I mean, if they've not turned out for U23s then they'll only start on the bench at best and won't likely be the primary threat.

When there’s little by way of an update to give, perhaps there’s no need to give an update.  Bit like constantly asking about Fam’s contract.  

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Bakinson I doubt is up to speed and Massengo had one of the the worst substitute cameos I’ve ever seen on Sat. That being said, Brunt hasn’t really warranted a starting place either. Slim pickings 

7 hours ago, City oz said:

Great post but “players must be knackerd” come on they get paid well to play football. That is what they do. If they are knackerd then why ??

It’s not that these players haven’t got the energy to put one foot in front of the other, more a case that the intense schedule affects their match sharpness and that has nothing to do with the money they earn. There has been a lot of poor quality football recently and the reason is directly linked to the daft schedule they have to undertake to fit the games in because of the disruption caused by Covid.

I’ve heard idiots say “I played five a side four times a week when I was their age”..........yeah you did but not at the intensity of Championship level football you cretin?.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I love that team tbf. Going for the win. Interesting to see how we do without Paterson - I’d imagine probably quite well 

Well let's hope this applies to our game philosophy too. Getting so sick of defensive tactics and barely any efforts on goal. COYR!

Not sure what the system will be there. We look more balanced in a 4-4-2 with Brunt on the left, but it could be a 4-3-3 with Wells on the left of the front three and Brunt holding (god help us), or a 3-5-2 with Dasilva and Semenyo on the flanks. Interesting. I’d have given Bakinson 50 or so minutes from the start and had Semenyo on the left tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That`s what I think it will be.

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Would surely seem more logical?

Just thinking Vyner building a relationship with Kalas, especially when Mariappa has played a decent chunk of his career at RB.

Doesn’t bother me, just not what I expected.

24 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I’m not a great fan of Brunt but from the cameos on Saturday Massengo looked even more off the pace. If you’ve got two players who both look knackered as soon as they come on you may as well go for the more experienced one - ie Brunt 

Archived