IGNORED

The root cause of our problem

CodeRed

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

What has 1982 got to do with Lansdown, Ashton, or the issues we face today.

Exactly. I was around then. It happened. It was horrible. But some people need to get over it and stop using that and the fact that certain people have done a lot of good for the club to give license to said people having a detrimental effect.

7 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

What has 1982 got to do with Lansdown, Ashton, or the issues we face today.

Ironically, the few years after 82 were some of my favourite times following City. The fan base was as one, and the players ran through brick walls for the club. We were as one back then, nowadays I feel zero affinity towards any of the players. 

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In all honesty, and with substantial inside information? 

The manager, with significant input from the Lansdown family. 

With all due respect I doubt that very much.

Interesting that you follow "substantial inside information" with a question mark that indicates otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's been going on for at least 10 years, so prepared to be surprised I guess. 

Given your line of work, and where you've worked, I'm surprised you're surprised tbh. 

aren't you the poster who said the Hughton deal was done.....insider info my arse just another chancer.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's been going on for at least 10 years, so prepared to be surprised I guess. 

Given your line of work, and where you've worked, I'm surprised you're surprised tbh. 

Maybe so but everything needs to be backed up with solid evidence and fact rather than conjecture. 

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

I' m interested in people's views - I've stated mine. If you don't have a view or don't wish to comment . Don't.

I don't think Holden is the problem.

iF you are not aware that Holden is at least part of the problems we are facing, then i am of the opinion that you are deluding yourself

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Maybe so but everything needs to be backed up with solid evidence and fact rather than conjecture. 

What exactly are you expecting ? A full blown confession by Steve L ? Everyone who leaves has a pay off clause. Nothing sinister there, it is common in every exit situation. But you cannot expect solid evidence. There is nothing illegal here. It is just gross indulgence and incompetence with a veiled threat of pulling the plug. Holden and Lj should never have been employed, but the real farce is Ashton. The funding is fine, the deployment pathetic ., amateur and self indulgent. None of which would require a legal challenge and that is why you will have to accept that some people will put the elements together based on fact, experience, conjecture and analysis. 

14 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

aren't you the poster who said the Hughton deal was done.....insider info my arse just another chancer.

Yes, it was very close to being done. I notice you haven't included all the other things I got right from Kodjia to Diedhiou to Pisano to Nketiah.

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Well, my evidence is first-hand. What do you want,  pics? 

If anyone seriously thinks Jon or Mark Ashton pulls rank over the guy that owns the club then they are completely and utterly deluded. 

If you think interference in first team affairs by the Lansdown family is bad, then I've got even worse news for you. 

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Steve L explained in the summer that he believes he can do what he wants as he funds the club. This is of course true. But that does not buy him the right to be excluded from scrutiny or dissent. He cannot buy that even if he thinks he has a divine right to be beyond criticism. He is his own worst enemy. He has funded the club, but has not employed the quality to maximise the return on that investment. Which is a little sad, as he is , and his family is, lovely. 

38 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, it was very close to being done. I notice you haven't included all the other things I got right from Kodjia to Diedhiou to Pisano to Nketiah.

Well, my evidence is first-hand. What do you want,  pics? 

If anyone seriously thinks Jon or Mark Ashton pulls rank over the guy that owns the club then they are completely and utterly deluded. 

If you think interference in first team affairs by the Lansdown family is bad, then I've got even worse news for you. 

Your evidence is first hand? You were in the room when Lansdowns were telling the manager who to pick. 

Err. Lies. 

14 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

What exactly are you expecting ? A full blown confession by Steve L ? Everyone who leaves has a pay off clause. Nothing sinister there, it is common in every exit situation. But you cannot expect solid evidence. There is nothing illegal here. It is just gross indulgence and incompetence with a veiled threat of pulling the plug. Holden and Lj should never have been employed, but the real farce is Ashton. The funding is fine, the deployment pathetic ., amateur and self indulgent. None of which would require a legal challenge and that is why you will have to accept that some people will put the elements together based on fact, experience, conjecture and analysis. 

I don't want to defend the bloke but Ashton has hardly been a disaster in terms of the net profit he's brought into the club. And I suppose that's all that bean-counter Lansdown sees. 

Either way, Lansdown is the common-denominator of 19 years, and counting, of underachievement.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't want to defend the bloke but Ashton has hardly been a disaster in terms of the net profit he's brought into the club. And I suppose that's all that bean-counter Lansdown sees. 

Either way, Lansdown is the common-denominator of 19 years, and counting, of underachievement.

He is the core of much of the ills. I do not want to list the players, but he is an admin officer not a director of football. 

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

iF you are not aware that Holden is at least part of the problems we are facing, then i am of the opinion that you are deluding yourself

Of course I am aware that DH is a very big part of the problem. But you can't blame him for applying, and FWIW I think he's a decent bloke  who is working hard and giving his best. But unfortunately he lacks the experience and skills to push the club forward. LJ was sacked for not getting the club into the top 6 after 4 years and the backing of the owner with numerous be signings. DH was chosen by Ashton - we're led to believe-  to 'get us over the line' , from several high profile candidates. In my view it was a clear mistake by Ashton to appoint someone with zero management experience and no achievements on his CV - the only reason for the appointment seemingly being that he was prepared to work under Ashton's structure whereby Ashton controls the recruitment, much of which is done through Ashton's preferred agent. But as we all know beggars (Dean) can't be choosers.

So although I don't think DH is up to the job - decent guy though he undoubtedly is - I don't blame him....I blame the guy who chose him.

Archived