IGNORED

“I wish I were back home in Bristol again ... “

BS4 on Tour...

“....raising a cider with West Country men ...” - I posted this vid last year and it raised a few spirits I believe ... so I thought why not impose it on you all again ... it’s a hard time for all of us, so please, don’t take it too seriously, just revel in this track from Canada’s finest and enjoy the nod to the Wurzels in the middle ... I contacted them on social media to see why they recorded this song and they replied saying they’ve always been blown away by the welcome they got when playing in our fair city - they love the people and they love cider ... go nuts to this one - I do! ?????

• The title was changed to “I wish I were back home in Bristol again ... “

As a result of hearing this last year I actually downloaded the whole album "Foreign Skies" 

It's utterly brilliant. A bizarre mix of folk, punk, metal, shanty music, polka and Lord alone knows what. 

It's a concept album with all of the songs about different aspects of world war 1.

There's been nothing funnier in our house than listening to my 9 year old son and 5 year old daughter singing "back home in Bristol" 

??

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“....raising a cider with West Country men ...” - I posted this vid last year and it raised a few spirits I believe ... so I thought why not impose it on you all again ... it’s a hard time for all of us, so please, don’t take it too seriously, just revel in this track from Canada’s finest and enjoy the nod to the Wurzels in the middle ... I contacted them on social media to see why they recorded this song and they replied saying they’ve always been blown away by the welcome they got when playing in our fair city - they love the people and they love cider ... go nuts to this one - I do! ?????

Never heard that before.

Thanks for sharing.

Brilliant !

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

As a result of hearing this last year I actually downloaded the whole album "Foreign Skies" 

It's utterly brilliant. A bizarre mix of folk, punk, metal, shanty music, polka and Lord alone knows what. 

It's a concept album with all of the songs about different aspects of world war 1.

There's been nothing funnier in our house than listening to my 9 year old son and 5 year old daughter singing "back home in Bristol" 

??

My wife told me to get my eldest granddaughter  into something non American thought long and hard Dad's Army I thought. She now hates the Germans  and I have to explain they are nice people.

I’d love to see our chaps run out to this ditty when we are finally ‘allowed’ back into our home - and it would also be a great chant for us all to bellow out, although @Robbored would undoubtedly disagree because he says no chants suggested on here have ever been heard at Ashton Gate - despite me proving him wrong on that one - I suggested a chant on here about 8 years ago that is and was regularly heard at home games before this pandemic .... keep going everyone x

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’d love to see our chaps run out to this ditty when we are finally ‘allowed’ back into our home - and it would also be a great chant for us all to bellow out, although @Robbored would undoubtedly disagree because he says no chants suggested on here have ever been heard at Ashton Gate - despite me proving him wrong on that one - I suggested a chant on here about 8 years ago that is and was regularly heard at home games before this pandemic .... keep going everyone x

We won’t ever hear this particular ditty at AG.  

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks to you posting it on here last year I now barely go on a long drive without banging them on,polka never dies is such a catchy tune

Archived