1 minute ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

.... What the hell?

So, the latest :

- tommy rowe out for 2 months

- chris martin hamstring injury 1 month

- adulakan out for the season

you just couldn't make this stuff up...

independent review needed.

Something weird is going on you can't have that many injuries for it to be coincidence.

Something isn’t right to have quite so many training ground injuries. And it’s not like it’s a completely new phenomenon as Afobe’s injury last season wasn’t picked up in a competitive match but during training. Maybe Failand is cursed?! Or more likely our training and fitness regimes are seriously flawed...

9 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Something isn’t right to have quite so many training ground injuries. And it’s not like it’s a completely new phenomenon as Afobe’s injury last season wasn’t picked up in a competitive match but during training. Maybe Failand is cursed?! Or more likely our training and fitness regimes are seriously flawed...

Afobe’s was an utter fluke, landed heavily on his leg (or turned) and did most of his knee ligaments in one swoop (which means Failand is cursed ?)

3 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Gas physios a good shout... Don't think they've got 18 injured players?

Or maybe you ought to go up and take the sessions? I’m sure you’ll have the methods.

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good grief............:facepalm:...........more conspiracy theories..........you couldn’t make it up.

You say conspiracy theories but we have had far more injuries than any other club. 

Last week Adekulan had a sore back, which is actually broken. That should of been diagnosed. 

We had Rowe play against Derby when he then got substituted after 20 mins. Now out for months. 

There is an issue with our medical team, be it diagnosing issues, and/or conditioning players. With the reports from the highly respected The Athletic about Williams, there is an issue I have no doubts about. 

Then you add the further issue of Mark Ashton not strengthen in crucial positions and instead consistently recruiting players with dubious injury records it's not a surprise to see we have a team of burnt out and highly injury prone players. 

The sooner we change the better. 

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Good grief............:facepalm:...........more conspiracy theories..........you couldn’t make it up.

If it were one or two injuries then I'd agree with you,

But almost every player has had muscle injury at some point this season, they can't all be bad luck,

That suggests something wrong with the training methods 

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

If this was a normal business and one key area was consistently failing then there’d be a review. Shouldn’t be any different.

Because of the nature of injuries it’s easy to write it off as a ‘conspiracy’ but somewhere along the line there’s clearly something not functioning as it should. 

The Club have said they have reviewed it...and guess what? Because they are marking their own homework they passed...and then we get more of the same injuries.

The answer is staring them in the face. Appoint a Director of Football. Said it dozens of times before.

It’s frightening that a distant onlooker can see that many aspects of the Club’s business are flawed or under-performing, yet a chap who is pumping tens of millions into the Club per year is blind to structural problems of that enterprise. 

We are going nowhere under Ashton. 

I’ve only just realised that we only had 8 on the bench last night. 
So presume that means Lansbury was also injured? Otherwise, why not fill the bench? 

Has anything been said by the club on this? Or are we into more deception?? 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

If it were one or two injuries then I'd agree with you,

But almost every player has had muscle injury at some point this season, they can't all be bad luck,

That suggests something wrong with the training methods 

I think what's most notable to me is how many of those muscle injuries end up meaning long absences. It does suggest that minor niggles aren't being managed properly leading them to become far more serious...

The Rowe injury is the most concerning of the whole lot for me. He clearly wasn’t fit to play, yet still played probably because he declared himself fit. The decision should have been taken out of his hands. There is no excuse for it and as he’s out of contract at the end of the season it could have major implications for his future career.

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

The Club have said they have reviewed it...and guess what? Because they are marking their own homework they passed...and then we get more of the same injuries.

The answer is staring them in the face. Appoint a Director of Football. Said it dozens of times before.

It’s frightening that a distant onlooker can see that many aspects of the Club’s business are flawed or under-performing, yet a chap who is pumping tens of millions into the Club per year is blind to structural problems of that enterprise. 

We are going nowhere under Ashton. 

I director of football has no bearing on the medical side of things or training methods 

Medical would be the head physio and club doctor training would be the head coach and his coaching team

Fir once this is nothing to do with ashton or not having a director of football

9 hours ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

.... What the hell?

So, the latest :

- tommy rowe out for 2 months

- chris martin hamstring injury 1 month

- adulakan out for the season

you just couldn't make this stuff up...

independent review needed.

The training is pretty much non-existent due to the quick turnaround in the games, this is what is creating the injuries.  Just look at Liverpool’s defence.  From people that are working on the training facilities, the players are literally in for 2 hrs a day 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

I have to say it's reached the point where you are literally burying your head in the sand. I really think that. It's not about conspiracy theories, its about the following:

We had a clear mis-diagnosis of injury with Paterson

We had the non-diagnosis of a season ender with Adelakun

We had rehabilitation issues with one of our new signings which he has gone to the media about and which was confirmed in interview by the Manager

We had a player who CLEARLY wasn't remotely fit to play on Saturday who is now out for months

Add in the fact that we never pick up 2-3 week hamstring injuries and strains, no every single injury we get is a rupture/tear or whatever and is literally months rather than weeks out and even you must accept that some sort of root and branch investigation is in order?  In fact that's another thing that Dean Holden has confirmed in interview.

8 hours ago, Selred said:

You say conspiracy theories but we have had far more injuries than any other club. 

Last week Adekulan had a sore back, which is actually broken. That should of been diagnosed. 

We had Rowe play against Derby when he then got substituted after 20 mins. Now out for months. 

There is an issue with our medical team, be it diagnosing issues, and/or conditioning players. With the reports from the highly respected The Athletic about Williams, there is an issue I have no doubts about. 

Then you add the further issue of Mark Ashton not strengthen in crucial positions and instead consistently recruiting players with dubious injury records it's not a surprise to see we have a team of burnt out and highly injury prone players. 

The sooner we change the better. 

I was amazed Rowe started against Derby with the way he went off against Huddersfield. Definitely something weird going on 

28 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

The Rowe injury is the most concerning of the whole lot for me. He clearly wasn’t fit to play, yet still played probably because he declared himself fit. The decision should have been taken out of his hands. There is no excuse for it and as he’s out of contract at the end of the season it could have major implications for his future career.

I think it’s reasonable to say that Rowes played his last game for us. In his 30’s, playing at the highest level he has so no progression ceiling and although good record of availability to date, now has serious injury when coming out of contract.

Essentially we’re talking a 32 year old back up player with an injury. I just can’t see that being the kind of renewal you’d give.

(BTW this isn’t slating TR - it’s just the likely reality now)

Archived