IGNORED

The bigger picture

steviestevieneville

The bigger picture  

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mr Chappers said:

Some fair points, but I just think we have such a weak squad of available players, any coach would struggle. No left back, a very limited midfield with no bite, that neither supports defence or attack, and younger players who can’t cope with 2 games a week. Also looks to me as though we are being forced to pick players who are not fully match fit. 
I just look at the threads of suggested teams, none look strong, and are mostly based on wild optimism that certain players will perform way above what they have achieved to date.

Just look on the bright side, we can suffer from the warmth of our homes rather than freezing in a dull part of the Home Counties, where Wetherspoons is the least worst beer option. You never know, 9 man defence, and win with a dodgy penalty.... I’m setting my sights high.

Some good points there . It’s a big reason why the recruitments under so much scrutiny . Fans hoping a lot of the young lads can step up  are in for a shock imo. Most of them are nowhere near ready and wouldn’t be near the team if it wasn’t for injuries. ?? We don’t get into a relegation battle this season. Next summers signings are going to some of the most important in recent times 

Some interesting posts on this thread.

I don't believe Lansdown is doing it to make money, that's just lazy thinking for me. As a billionaire there are a lot more profitable and secure ways to make money than buy a football club and build a couple of hundred houses nearby.

I don't however think he's doing it altruistically.

My guess is he wants a personal legacy beyond a glass building in Bristol.

And when he's measuring his cock with his billionaire mates who own racing tracks, golf courses, islands in the Caribbean and the like Steve wants to be the one who owns a premier league football club.

22 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I don't believe Lansdown is doing it to make money, that's just lazy thinking for me. As a billionaire there are a lot more profitable and secure ways to make money than buy a football club and build a couple of hundred houses nearby.

And when he's measuring his cock with his billionaire mates who own racing tracks, golf courses, islands in the Caribbean and the like Steve wants to be the one who owns a premier league football club.

Much in that - although I now have a quite distasteful picture in my mind that I can't get rid of!!

34 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

He isn’t doing it to lose / throw away money either.  His total investment has given him access to make money in different areas.

I also think that there is a bit of “yeah, I know I buggered off to Guernsey for tax / lifestyle reasons, so although it’s a bit hypocritical, I can “give” back in other ways to try and balance it out”.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He isn’t doing it to lose / throw away money either.  His total investment has given him access to make money in different areas.

I also think that there is a bit of “yeah, I know I buggered off to Guernsey for tax / lifestyle reasons, so although it’s a bit hypocritical, I can “give” back in other ways to try and balance it out”.

Oh I agree he's not doing it to lose money, but I don't personally think his main gain from it or primarily motivation for doing it is monetary.

Archived