IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

I doubt it. Cybulski has come off the bench a couple of times when chasing a goal in the last ten minutes so thinks WR does want to give him a shot. Hasn't looked good enough to me in the U23s - Bambi on ice.

Plange is nowhere near prem standard yet and if we had another option would have been dropped/rotated a while ago. Palace will probably need to loan him out again next year so its not impossible they requested it but I'd expect them to want him to get every minute of experience he can. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

I doubt it. Cybulski has come off the bench a couple of times when chasing a goal in the last ten minutes so thinks WR does want to give him a shot. Hasn't looked good enough to me in the U23s - Bambi on ice.

Plange is nowhere near prem standard yet and if we had another option would have been dropped/rotated a while ago. Palace will probably need to loan him out again next year so its not impossible they requested it but I'd expect them to want him to get every minute of experience he can. 

Yeh but is experience against our defence really "experience"? 

• Haha 2

On 22/04/2022 at 13:13, Mr Popodopolous said:

Only £371k in a 6 month period for a Cat. 1 Academy. Although these are cash ins and outs I assume.

Looking at the figures this will exclude all salaries and wages.

It's also interesting that the whole club is still spending £1.6 million a month on salaries, cash paid as salaries plus HMRC deductions in list provided.  That annualises at £20 million a season.

• Thanks 1

Anyhow. Here is my chaos take for the end of the season.

Derby win their last match and Reading lose. Derby then sue the EFL demanding Reading get another 6 points deduction which is currently suspended, to keep Derby up.

Derby fans claiming from every roof top that cheats should not proper.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I see Rooney said yesterday that he expects the takeover to be completed within 10 days. Imminent again then.

Haha. Rooney has been wrong almost every time he's opened his mouth on this subject. The guy knows chuff all about insolvency, M&A deals, land law and charges. The bloke just says what he has to say in press conferences.

Ps. I see Tom Lawrence "wants to be here, but it has to be right for everyone" and they've had "open conversations" with other clubs. So he's off then isn't he.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Haha. Rooney has been wrong almost every time he's opened his mouth on this subject. The guy knows chuff all about insolvency, M&A deals, land law and charges. The bloke just says what he has to say in press conferences.

But Quantuma told him in their usual good faith so it must be true.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ps. I see Tom Lawrence "wants to be here, but it has to be right for everyone" and they've had "open conversations" with other clubs. So he's off then isn't he.

Derby fans will be lapping it up (not all of them admittedly). They’ll be planning their promotion celebrations already.

It is naive to think that the squad they have in August will be anything like it is now.  Fair play to any Derby player who sticks with them out of principle.

Like Ipswich, the change from reasoned Fans in the Champ to deluded ones in relegation to Lg1 amazes me.

In the past week some of their fans genuinely think they could sign Jacob Brown. Antoine Semenyo and yesterday, Lucas Joao.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Derby fans will be lapping it up (not all of them admittedly). They’ll be planning their promotion celebrations already.

It is naive to think that the squad they have in August will be anything like it is now.  Fair play to any Derby player who sticks with them out of principle.

Like Ipswich, the change from reasoned Fans in the Champ to deluded ones in relegation to Lg1 amazes me.

In the past week some of their fans genuinely think they could sign Jacob Brown. Antoine Semenyo and yesterday, Lucas Joao.

Agreed with this although I remember reading and nearly fell off my chair when I did, it was clear that a long battle with the EFL was on the horizon and they had just scraped survival, a suggestion on their forum that they sign Adam Armstrong!

I mean wow! Championship but FFP and no accounts submitted for approaching 2 years at that stage, plus his record and fee but new owner and we sign Armstrong. Never mind the fact he had suitors much better placed on the pitch.

Would assume that they would be under a Business Plan under Kirchner, ie an EFL administration exit one, can't see the EFL remotely letting them splash out for the players you list and then again on the pitch considerations for to name 3, Brown, Semenyo and Joao.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not Mitrovic? No ambition at all. ?

• Haha 1

FWIW Nixon has said EFL approval by next week or something.

The two year financial conditions bit or however long it is will be interesting. EFL have powers to impose a) Regulation 16.20 to uphold a range of their rules or b) Such other conditions as they see fit and a prospective new owner has to agree to this.

Regulation 16.20 is basically where they can set a budget for a club in varied aspects.

17 hours ago, cityexile said:

Derby win their last match and Reading lose. Derby then sue the EFL demanding Reading get another 6 points deduction which is currently suspended, to keep Derby up.

What a cracking idea. On it now. "Dear Mr. Parry...."

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

I see Rooney said yesterday that he expects the takeover to be completed within 10 days. Imminent again then.

CK seemed rather bullish in a tweet last night about all of us celebrating at the Cardiff game. I'll still believe it if rather than when anything happens.

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think he's been quite astute in them since being burnt by Quantuma initially. Has at times - with justification - thrown them under the bus and painted himself in the "woe me" position. He'll be much more of a media favourite now than he was six months ago which I'm sure sits in with his plans.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think a fair bit of cherry picking with this. Yep some will come out with unrealistic names but the majority know that's not the case. It's not just a Derby thing either - I saw some City fans mentioning Lawrence ?

4 hours ago, Derby_Ram said:

I think a fair bit of cherry picking with this. Yep some will come out with unrealistic names but the majority know that's not the case. It's not just a Derby thing either - I saw some City fans mentioning Lawrence ?

I was referring to Ipswich fans….but yeah, lots of unrealistic stuff from all fans.

5 hours ago, Derby_Ram said:

I think he's been quite astute in them since being burnt by Quantuma initially. Has at times - with justification - thrown them under the bus and painted himself in the "woe me" position. He'll be much more of a media favourite now than he was six months ago which I'm sure sits in with his plans.

I imagine he would have had plenty of media training, and working under Ferguson he would have seen it at first hand. 
Not his biggest fan, but what I've seen and heard I think he's conducted himself well in a mental situation.
Not done too bad with the team either TBF.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Derby_Ram said:

It'll depend on the Business Plan won't it? All clubs fans have unrealistic targets tbh you're right, Lawrence certainly won't be coming here- he may well move on IMO to a higher Championship club or lower PL he's been linked with in recent months. Either way we won't be getting him.

Derby wise, think Bolton and Wigan were under quite restrictive business plans post administration. EFL mentioned approval of signings for 2 years and restrictions or 3 if 35p in the £ over 3 years to stop clubs gaining an advantage etc.

Might also ask, what of Wycombe. Have they dropped their claim? Would be an unexpected twist (regardless of the merits of it, the EFL were quite clear that it couldn't just be ignored or disregarded).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

The chatter in respect of Pride Park is that the council will buy Pride Park, suggested it would be purchased via borrowed money.

Public Works Loan Board (disclaimer, I know little about this) was one suggested loan source. However devil in the detail a bit?

https://www.ashfords.co.uk/news-and-media/general/hm-treasury-stops-public-loans-to-council-s-for-commercial-property

Would borrowing to purchase Pride Park thereby indirectly paying the MSD loan and structuring a deal in this way fall into this category?

Government should be watching this closely, local rate payers should be watching this closely- what about rate payers elsewhere given that councils are partially subsidised via central funding after all. Any grounds for a Judicial Review or alternative form of legal challenge?

Although a little more devil and detail.

https://www.localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/projects-and-regeneration/403-projects-news/48010-treasury-guidance-sees-councils-allowed-to-use-public-works-loan-board-to-refinance-commercial-property-debt-that-would-otherwise-be-ineligible-for-support

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The chatter in respect of Pride Park is that the council will buy Pride Park, suggested it would be purchased via borrowed money.

Public Works Loan Board (disclaimer, I know little about this) was one suggested loan source. However devil in the detail a bit?

https://www.ashfords.co.uk/news-and-media/general/hm-treasury-stops-public-loans-to-council-s-for-commercial-property

Would borrowing to purchase Pride Park thereby indirectly paying the MSD loan and structuring a deal in this way fall into this category?

Government should be watching this closely, local rate payers should be watching this closely- what about rate payers elsewhere given that councils are partially subsidised via central funding after all. Any grounds for a Judicial Review or alternative form of legal challenge?

Although a little more devil and detail.

https://www.localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/projects-and-regeneration/403-projects-news/48010-treasury-guidance-sees-councils-allowed-to-use-public-works-loan-board-to-refinance-commercial-property-debt-that-would-otherwise-be-ineligible-for-support

Is it just me, they fail to pay between 20 and 30 million in tax, and then the tax payers buy’s their ground for them, a ground that was “sold” as a means of cheating to start with, un real !

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, cityfan1958 said:

Is it just me, they fail to pay between 20 and 30 million in tax, and then the tax payers buy’s their ground for them, a ground that was “sold” as a means of cheating to start with, un real !

It's massively objectionable.

For their part, the EFL need to step up and impose a suitably punitive business plan moving forward but it goes beyond football.

It's funny that, well not funny but interesting:

1) Mel Morris is/has been an adviser on Business or ambassador to Derby City Council.

2) If the chatter is accurate they are now covering his debt ie deal structured to pay the debt, get Stadium to the council. Money likely borrowed, Derby would pay interest on the loan in the form of rent.

Imagine the optics! Worth noting too that Mel Morris donated to Patrick McLoughlin MP in June 2017 albeit not a major one or a recurring one.

Tory Donor-Derby City Council Business Ambassador-Recent owner of DCFC- Debt paid off by DCC.

Business Plan

I'll start the bidding at no transfer fees for the duration of the Business Plan, cap of £5k per week wages per new signing and perhaps also applicable to contract renewals for the duration of the Business Plan, either a bar on or a massive limitation on loan fees, signing on fees and a small % of the wage only on agents fees.

2 years or 3 if they want the 35% thing plus a - 15 to be applied if the Insolvency Policy not adhered to.

Must also add, what Kirchner has said is massively at odds with what the EFL said in feedback with RamsTrust.

He has stated he believes that the Embargo will be lifted, whereas I am sure it is to remain in place for two years, EFL intimated as such in the past as part of the moral hazard bits. (They said to balance competition and interests etc).

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/dcfc-supporters-groups-meet-efl/

Business Plan may supersede Embargo but it needs to be along the lines of the template I've posted I think.

• Like 1

Kirchner has been busy on Twitter recently.

Two points he makes - 

• "I’m fiscally responsible for the club starting in 6 days and it needs to be done for me to write checks."
  • "I’m conditional that MM no longer owns the stadium. I’m not directly involved in those discussions, so I don’t have a comment right now."

So he won't pay for the stadium and requires someone else to buy it from Morris.

As I understand things at the moment there are still some significant issues in respect of:

•  The acquisition of the Stadium, the cost and the rent and what hoops the City Council have to jump through to undertake and finance the transaction.
  •  Kirchner actually writing a cheque.
  •  The Business Plan with the EFL.

There is an impression that CK is setting up the Council and Morris to fail.

Finally his most relevant quote:

• "Hoping we don't have to answer that question" in response to "What happens if it doesn't get sorted by 7 May?"

Not sure 'Hoping' fills me with any confidence at this late stage.

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Two points he makes - 

• "I’m fiscally responsible for the club starting in 6 days and it needs to be done for me to write checks."
  • "I’m conditional that MM no longer owns the stadium. I’m not directly involved in those discussions, so I don’t have a comment right now."

So he won't pay for the stadium and requires someone else to buy it from Morris.

As I understand things at the moment there are still some significant issues in respect of:

•  The acquisition of the Stadium, the cost and the rent and what hoops the City Council have to jump through to undertake and finance the transaction.

• "Hoping we don't have to answer that question" in response to "What happens if it doesn't get sorted by 7 May?"

Interesting, thanks.

I might also ask, two issues that have pretty much disappeared.

HMRC

Have they just caved and accepted a much lower amount as a) Derby deemed a 'community asset' and b) Something better than nothing.

Wycombe

Has Mr. Couhig literally shelved his claim? It's gone silent, resolved, dropped, still outstanding do we think? I appreciate that the claim is of questionable legal merit...

(A 'community asset' that went into administration with amongst others debts owing to the Council, many local small businesses and, er the Community Trust would you believe).

41 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Two points he makes - 

The timescales smells of “not a hope”.

• Like 1

Quick football related question too.

Pearson said Davies should have reffed on the parks and got a fine.

Rooney queried whether there was a bias in one post match interview and in another said the referee himself should be banned. March and April respectively.

Anything?

"All animals football clubs/managers etc are equal but some animals football clubs/managers etc are more equal than others"?

Not suggesting I'd like to swap places with Derby, frankly we have the better of it by far given the current off field uncertainty there- not for a moment but it's an interesting q.

:laugh:, old man Gee Screamer on the whisky again.

Not a lot to say other than enjoy League 1 and the Imposed Business Plan.

There's not much sympathy among Championship clubs for Derby or among Championship fans and SOME on DCFCFans are a good reason why.

Not me FWIW but some okay posts.

Relegation occured, kinda sated now provided that the EFL don't cut corners.

• Like 2