IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

Rooney on Morris:

"Where the club's been left, it was a complete mess. I know Mel Morris is a big Derby fan, so I'm sure he's sat at home tonight disappointed.

"We are as we've done everything we can to try and not let this happen and worked extremely hard.

"So hopefully he doesn't have a good night's sleep tonight and that plays on his mind, because I think he needs to have a think about it."

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Rooney on Morris:

"Where the club's been left, it was a complete mess. I know Mel Morris is a big Derby fan, so I'm sure he's sat at home tonight disappointed.

"We are as we've done everything we can to try and not let this happen and worked extremely hard.

"So hopefully he doesn't have a good night's sleep tonight and that plays on his mind, because I think he needs to have a think about it."

I presume he's already got his severance agreement (whatever that's worth?) In his lawyer's safe!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Rooney on Morris:

Left out the best bit!

"We've earned enough points to stay in this division next season..."

I mean...have you though?

Looks like a three year deal to meet 35% of unsecured creditors to avoid the -15 points, where HMRC fit in that is anyone's guess.

Now waiting for someone to create a legal stink in respect of HMRC.

And so far Kirchner has contributed the massive sum of £1 to his DCFC rescue fund.

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Zero sympathy , a great club ruined by the corrupt actions of Morris and Pearce. Yet the fans loved it at the time, thinking they were being cute. They were not, they were using the tax payers money to fund a (sadly legal) fraud. 

I hope fans, with a renewed sense of humility , can now hope to find a buyer who will deal with another points deduction, a squad of 7 youngsters, no ground as we speak, and the confinement of a controlled business plan to rebuild a once proud club. They will. 

Morris deserves a jail term but the weakness of our financial controls will mean that apart from sad Derby fans, every person in this country has paid a price for his fraud and he will retire to his hundreds of millions. 

Owners like Morris and the guy at bury should be banned from running companies when they’ve created such a shambles at football clubs. It’s too easy for this owners to walk away with no penalty 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I assume he means that without the deduction they'd be safe, and to be fair he'd be correct. They'd have 52 points, Reading would be in 22nd with 41.

Sure. And we've got enough points to be in the play offs if you decide that goals scored by our opponents after the 75th minute don't count.

Sorry, not having a go at you. I'm just a but fed up of the circle jerk over Rooney's performance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Looks like a three year deal to meet 35% of unsecured creditors to avoid the -15 points, where HMRC fit in that is anyone's guess.

Now waiting for someone to create a legal stink in respect of HMRC.

And so far Kirchner has contributed the massive sum of £1 to his DCFC rescue fund.

A little more than Morris this last few months!

48 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I assume he means that without the deduction they'd be safe, and to be fair he'd be correct. They'd have 52 points, Reading would be in 22nd with 41.

It's either a bonehead retort or a backhand on Morris. I'm reading the latter.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Never thought id be saying this about WR, but the way he has spoken since yesterday has been impressive. Honest, and clearly has the respect of his staff. They will struggle to come back up though - league 1 is extremely tough

Kieran Maguire said he had talked to backroom staff at Derby who spoke very highly of the support Rooney gives them, in contrast to some others at the club and, of course, no longer at the club.

He has certainly enhanced his reputation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Warnock made an interesting point on Sky last night, that, whilst Rooney deserves credit for the way he's conducted himself and has kept them battling hard all season, the pressure has been off him to a certain extent because the points deduction meant that avoiding the drop was always going to be very unlikely. Whereas next season, if the takeover goes through and depending on further sanctions, he will be expected to have them challenging to go back up. That'll be when his managerial credentials are more closely scrutinised, with an eye on him going on to bigger things.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 7

Full respect to Rooney, he has done a very decent job in very difficult circumstances.

I have a sneaky feeling that he may well leave soon unless matters off the pitch get resolved quickly, which looks highly unlikely.

There have been reports this morning that Burnley could be interested and if Everton go down Lampard won’t survive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Rooney has done terrific.

He had half a team in the week leading up to the season starting. Could only sign frees and loans.

And the real league table, without the deduction, he would have kept them up.

He has done well, but first half of the season he still had a decent squad with some high earners in it.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He has done well, but first half of the season he still had a decent squad with some high earners in it.

Did he have a better squad than us? Definitely not. Nowhere near.

And yet he got more points with all the issues thrown at him.

7 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Did he have a better squad than us? Definitely not. Nowhere near.

And yet he got more points with all the issues thrown at him.

I disagree.  We’d love to have had Curtis Davies, Tom Lawrence, Kristian Bielik, Max Bird, Nathan Byrne….they’d all walk into our starting eleven….plus the likes of Kazim-Richards, Knight, Jagielka (pre-transfer), Buchanan, Sibley, Ebosele, Joswiak (pre-transfer), Shinnie (pre-transfer) etc, aren’t bad either.

Yes, left in a shit position points wise, but a middle eight squad like ours imho.  Easy to think he’s been playing u18s all season…he hasn’t.  But he’s done a good job, I just don’t get the sympathy of the squad for a large part of the season.

• Like 4

Interesting from Kirchner, talking about season tickets:

Chris Kirchner

@cskirchner

·

14h

This has to wait until the admins have done their bit… late June maybe? (This is a speculative guess, so please don’t hold me to it) If I get a more firm grasp of that I’ll let you know. Lot to do before that

So it's going to be a nervous summer break for DCFC.  Any players out of contract in at the end of June can start negotiations on 1 June.  Would you look for a new deal somewhere or stay and hope it all works out alright?

On 18/04/2022 at 09:36, Hxj said:

So Kirchner, I guess, will need to start funding pretty soon.

He's confirmed he's assuming funding duties from May 7th.

Now relegation confirmed he has confirmed business plan to EFL this Friday with steps of EFL approval, stadium sorted, creditor approval on waterfall, then takeover complete. 

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating but so far I'm cautiously optimistic with how he's been since being announced as PB.

We'll all know more by May 8th at the latest if things are going to plan.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I disagree.  We’d love to have had Curtis Davies, Tom Lawrence, Kristian Bielik, Max Bird, Nathan Byrne….they’d all walk into our starting eleven….plus the likes of Kazim-Richards, Knight, Jagielka (pre-transfer), Buchanan, Sibley, Ebosele, Joswiak (pre-transfer), Shinnie (pre-transfer) etc, aren’t bad either.

Yes, left in a shit position points wise, but a middle eight squad like ours imho.  Easy to think he’s been playing u18s all season…he hasn’t.  But he’s done a good job, I just don’t get the sympathy of the squad for a large part of the season.

5 out the players you called out have come through the U16/18 set up - one can still play for them. Bielek only came back after a year out in Jan and Kazim has only been fit for half the league games including a 3 month spell on the injury table pre-Christmas. Saying that is like me saying Pearson had a better squad and ignored the long term injuries City have had.

4 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

5 out the players you called out have come through the U16/18 set up - one can still play for them.

Yes, I know….but where they came from is irrelevant to what I’m discussing…I said I thought your squad is better than ours - especially first half of the season / til end of Jan.  My first post qualified that period of time.

Bielek only came back after a year out in Jan and Kazim has only been fit for half the league games including a 3 month spell on the injury table pre-Christmas. Saying that is like me saying Pearson had a better squad and ignored the long term injuries City have had.

whichever way you look at it, inc injuries or exc injuries, I think your squad was a bit better than ours.

Comments above.

If Derby put out this team v us and you ignore finances / points deduction etc

Roos

Byrne / Jagielka / Davies / Buchanan

Knight / Shinnie / Bird

Eboseke / CKR / Lawrence

Subs (from): Morrison, Joswiak, Stearman, Marshall, Sibley, Forsyth etc

might you argue that’s better than City?  I didn’t include Bielik.

All about opinions though, but I think that’s a tad stronger than us….not much, admittedly….but I don’t think it’s weak either.  Bottom end of middle-eight, just like us.