IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

30 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Apparently they've been given an extra two days

I imagine the only serious bidder is that chancer Ashley, and the offer is so low that unsecured creditors won't get anything like 25p on the £1, so maybe Quantuma are duty bound to try and eak out a bit more. I don't really see how they will unless there is a bidding war (sounds more like a non-bidding war) - that's about as likely us having a local derby with the gas next season ...

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I imagine the only serious bidder is that chancer Ashley, and the offer is so low that unsecured creditors won't get anything like 25p on the £1, so maybe Quantuma are duty bound to try and eak out a bit more. I don't really see how they will unless there is a bidding war (sounds more like a non-bidding war) - that's about as likely us having a local derby with the gas next season ...

Indeed, Ashley is many things, a good businessman being the top.of that,

I cant see him shifting on his offer, especially with amount of debt he would have to take on 

• Like 2

No club has a right to participate in the EFL, not even founder clubs. You have to be able to deliver on your promise to field an opponent in 46 matches. If you cannot do that then you cannot play. It's why your 5-a-side team can't join the EFL.

Of course the EFL's patience is wearing thin. What have Quantuma been doing for the last 4 weeks? Remember that Q set last week's bid deadline themselves. Presumably they set that with a view that 3 or 4 days was enough to assess them and then go to the EFL with proof of a reasonable bid before this deadline. That they've clearly ballsed that up totally gives the EFL the right to get tough, and make moves to remove Derby. Remember, Derby are already on notice that their member share could be bought back (ie removed from the League) that notice is automatic upon entering administration, so the EFL could kick them out pretty quickly, this won't be some drawn out process.

Sky summarise this very well. Dorsett gives a fair and balanced assessment IMO.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Midred said:

But apparently they've got enough "funds" to last til the end of March... so that's alright then?

Listened to a bit of Talksport earlier, discussing the Derby situation they said that the EFL have today given the administrators 4 weeks to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds  to see DCFC through to the end of the season.

The Times sports editor was on and he seemed of the opinion that this is it,  and that if such evidence cannot be given then the EFL will pull the plug.

Mind you with all these extended deadlines it’s a bit like the Allied Carpet sale coming to an end. Extend the deadline much further and we will have reached the end of the season.

Definition of bad luck - being the only person to ever pay full price at Allied Carpets.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Listened to a bit of Talksport earlier, discussing the Derby situation they said that the EFL have today given the administrators 4 weeks to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds  to see DCFC through to the end of the season.

The Times sports editor was on and he seemed of the opinion that this is it,  and that if such evidence cannot be given then the EFL will pull the plug.

Mind you with all these extended deadlines it’s a bit like the Allied Carpet sale coming to an end. Extend the deadline much further and we will have reached the end of the season.

Definition of bad luck - being the only person to ever pay full price at Allied Carpets.

More nonsense from Tslksport. See the EFL statement released a few hours ago. They have had 4 extra weeks to show sufficient funds. Looks like the EFL' s patience is about to run out. Bye bye Derby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

More nonsense from Tslksport. See the EFL statement released a few hours ago. They have had 4 extra weeks to show sufficient funds. Looks like the EFL' s patience is about to run out. Bye bye Derby.

They need to respond today or its the end of Derby I think

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I may have misheard, but they made it sound like they’ve been given an extra 4 weeks from now. Don't disagree that the EFL’s patience is wearing thin.

To be honest, having followed Mr P’s Derby ffp thread I am surprised ( and not a little disappointed) that the EFL’s patience has lasted this long. They allowed Mel Morris to run rings around them for far too long, although that he could was in no small part due to the EFL’s own ineptitude over the new ffp rules, their application and bringing to book offending clubs.

16 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I may have misheard, but they made it sound like they’ve been given an extra 4 weeks from now. Don't disagree that the EFL’s patience is wearing thin.

To be honest, having followed Mr P’s Derby ffp thread I am surprised ( and not a little disappointed) that the EFL’s patience has lasted this long. They allowed Mel Morris to run rings around them for far too long, although that he could was in no small part due to the EFL’s own ineptitude over the new ffp rules, their application and bringing to book offending clubs.

They had an extra 4 weeks from the end of Jan, that time is up tonight

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They had an extra 4 weeks from the end of Jan, that time is up tonight

Thanks Monkeh.

As I already mentioned, I could have misheard ( or TS could have got it wrong). Having said that, it does seem as though Derby have been given more lives than a cat over this, so it would not surprise me if the EFL had given another 4 week deadline.

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Thanks Monkeh.

As I already mentioned, I could have misheard ( or TS could have got it wrong). Having said that, it does seem as though Derby have been given more lives than a cat over this, so it would not surprise me if the EFL had given another 4 week deadline.

To are normally wrong or misleading at best, so I doubt you mishead

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I saw a tweet today saying that Quantuma might as well screw every penny they can out of Derby as they sure as hell won`t be getting any more football-related contracts.

I would think there handling of this case would have an impact on their whole business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, downendcity said:

https://twitter.com/EFL_Comms/status/1498331767698251781?s=20&t=3thgbvIt2OeFi3ihu4fkTg

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/february/derby-county-update/

it says from January 27th

Edited by exAtyeoMax

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I would think there handling of this case would have an impact on their whole business.

I’ve heard a few times no other administrator would touch it, because of Mel Morris? Or some other reason which might not be their fault? 

Although i did find it odd that there was no real effort to sell any players like others have done

Nixon says that IF MSD provide funds to the end of the season, that will suffice.

22 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Although i did find it odd that there was no real effort to sell any players like others have done

Twofold IMO. Firstly there could have been an argument by the administration team that to sell below value wouldn't help the creditors and would make the club less saleable.

Secondly they would have been hoping and I expect still might be, to sell it as a Championship club- better deal for creditors in theory.

The bit about the £5m non refundable deposit as a way forward- coincidentally enough to see out the season- was also a part of their jigsaw.

As for the whole situation, Derby deserve all they get, there has been a remarkable lack of contrition from many linked to that club about their actions.

Thinking going bust might be for the greater good...never has so much energy been expended on so few in the modern game, I wonder how much of the Football league's Governance capacity this saga takes up?? There are 72 clubs not just one.

Well shouldn't be wanting them to go bust, but they're so needy, moany. No more entitled fanbase at this level have I seen.

Two year Business Plan, if one issue with the exit route from administration - 15 next year and all of the FFP etc compliance bits of the Owners and Directors bit need implementation in full force.

Plus, any a) Remaining issues on the Embargo Reporting Service need to remain in play until resolution and b) The stadium issues ie rent for FFP, being firewalled from club ownership need upholding.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I’ve heard a few times no other administrator would touch it, because of Mel Morris? Or some other reason which might not be their fault? 

Think some have alluded to the fact that it had so many unknowns / complications as the reason, but wouldn’t surprise me if that is tied in with Morris too.

• Like 1

I stated weeks ago that once MMFC &WWFC were out of the way then let’s see what’s really going on, to be told by one of our visitors there is no other impediment to the sale and I can believe what I like. Well here we are. Quantuma are so embarrassed/befuddled they missed there deadline, simultaneously announcing nothing. 

The sort of debt this club has makes them unattractive to any buyer. If you want a football club with history you could buy PNE at a fraction of the price…..if you get my drift.  

• Like 5