IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I only see liquidation, prob something Morris wants as it means he has prime land for development

Land isn't worth that much.

Lest not forget MSD get first dibs on £20m+, MM would have to clear the site then gain permission for whatever it is he's thinking of replacing the stadium with. I don't imagine the local authority would be keen to associate themselves with whatever might replace Pride Park......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That doesn't sound like good news for their survival. 'Stick our heads in the sand and we don't have to do anything'?

Isn't that what they have done since the beginning. KM seemed genuinely shocked on the aforementioned podcast but obviously didn't expand too much (I assume for legal reasons).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Land isn't worth that much.

Lest not forget MSD get first dibs on £20m+, MM would have to clear the site then gain permission for whatever it is he's thinking of replacing the stadium with. I don't imagine the local authority would be keen to associate themselves with whatever might replace Pride Park......

So Mike Ashley don’t want Derby 

he wants the land to build a sport Direct warehouse all makes sense now

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Isn't that what they have done since the beginning. KM seemed genuinely shocked on the aforementioned podcast but obviously didn't expand too much (I assume for legal reasons).

Certainly appears to be the case Sir G. 

image.png.5fd74b6042157beebdff8de7cf80b36c.png

image.png.6f4e9769d7e62efb04a90e93f303f3de.png

Edited by Ska Junkie

52 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

He also just happened to mention in passing that Quantuma were appointed by Mel Morris. Which implies absolutely nothing about what their priorities are of course.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He also just happened to mention in passing that Quantuma were appointed by Mel Morris. Which implies absolutely nothing about what their priorities are of course.

Mel Morris might well be lynched by Derby fans.  From strings to stocks I reckon!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So a forecast that they have funding as opposed to proof they have actual hard cash. I'm not sure what that means but if the EFL are ok with it so be it.

Edit: actually I assume it is verifiable evidence of expected income and costs.

Edited by chinapig

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Mel Morris might well be lynched by Derby fans.  From strings to stocks I reckon!

Surely not.

When all the fuss over ffp   - the sale of Pride Park - was at it's (initial) height, I remember that mention was made that ffp was to protect clubs from unscrupulous owners jeopardising a club's future.

The Derby fans forum was full of posts stating that MM was not like that, as he was a life long fan and had the financial means, so would never do that the DCFC.

You must be referring to a different Mel Morris! :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

So a forecast that they have funding as opposed to proof they have actual hard cash. I'm not sure what that means but if the EFL are ok with it so be it.

Edit: actually I assume it is verifiable evidence of expected income and costs.

Guess they have firm proof of funds….and have balanced that against cost / income forecasts and deemed the funds are sufficient.

So they fight to the end of the season.  We retain our 3 points! ?

Now it’s about getting a preferred bidder and moving out of administration.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Guess they have firm proof of funds….and have balanced that against cost / income forecasts and deemed the funds are sufficient.

So they fight to the end of the season.  We retain our 3 points! ?

Now it’s about getting a preferred bidder and moving out of administration.

EFL were always going to do absolutely everything they could to ensure Derby finished the season.

Avoids a whole raft of complicated issues to have to deal with.

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

The next problem they have

is finding someone who actually wants to buy the club who they actually want to sell to!

Latest statement from Quantuma:

"The joint administrators are in active dialogue with prospective purchasers of the club and are working with their advisers to clarify a number of matters relating to their bids.

"Due to the complex nature of the mechanics of the bids received, it is necessary for us to work through each of these matters individually, to ensure the bids meet our terms of purchase.

"Whilst we understand the frustration of fans, who are understandably anxious that the Club’s future is resolved, we remain confident that we will be in a position to name a preferred bidder shortly.

"We welcome the support received from the EFL yesterday and will continue working with them, and everyone who has the Club’s best interests at heart, to secure the best long-term outcome for Derby County."

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hxj said:

is finding someone who actually wants to buy the club who they actually want to sell to!

Latest statement from Quantuma:

"The joint administrators are in active dialogue with prospective purchasers of the club and are working with their advisers to clarify a number of matters relating to their bids.

"Due to the complex nature of the mechanics of the bids received, it is necessary for us to work through each of these matters individually, to ensure the bids meet our terms of purchase.

"Whilst we understand the frustration of fans, who are understandably anxious that the Club’s future is resolved, we remain confident that we will be in a position to name a preferred bidder shortly.

"We welcome the support received from the EFL yesterday and will continue working with them, and everyone who has the Club’s best interests at heart, to secure the best long-term outcome for Derby County."

Their definition of shortly seems to be rather elastic since they have been saying the same since at least December.

37 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Their definition of shortly seems to be rather elastic since they have been saying the same since at least December.

In my career I've never quite nailed down what "shortly" means in professional speak. I use it when I mean "I can't deal with this immediately, expect a reply in the next day or two." But some people have told me they use it to mean "I'll get to when I can, I don't know when that will be, but don't expect anything anytime soon".

One things for sure, I've never met a lawyer, accountant, broker, or insolvency guy who uses "shortly" to mean "very soon". Then again, I don't think it means "several months" either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In my career I've never quite nailed down what "shortly" means in professional speak. I use it when I mean "I can't deal with this immediately, expect a reply in the next day or two." But some people have told me they use it to mean "I'll get to when I can, I don't know when that will be, but don't expect anything anytime soon".

One things for sure, I've never met a lawyer, accountant, broker, or insolvency guy who uses "shortly" to mean "very soon". Then again, I don't think it means "several months" either.

In other words shortly = longly. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

See also: mañana and drekly  

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

So that's where part of the funding for the rest of the season is coming from then. I wonder where the rest is coming from in the absence of a buyer?

Exactly my thought. If there is no favored purchaser then the assumption must be they have somehow got another loan.  What a Mess! Quantuma can’t hide behind Gibson and Couhig anymore. Their business in any area must be getting seriously damaged. 

Apparently the EFL HAVE advised Quantuma that they want a preferred bidder by the end of next week!

Edited by REDOXO

40 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly my thought. If there is no favored purchaser then the assumption must be they have somehow got another loan.  What a Mess! Quantuma can’t hide behind Gibson and Couhig anymore. Their business in any area must be getting seriously damaged. 

Apparently the EFL HAVE advised Quantuma that they want a preferred bidder by the end of next week!

Next week, next month, next season?

• Haha 1