IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

It was nice having a couple of weeks when we could actually 'enjoy' the football - typically it's coincided with a dodgy run of form/the team is shot to bits and running on empty - but we're back now waiting for these 'imminent'  updates.

A couple of things have rung out loud and clear. Namely what we suspected all along in that Quantuma have a lot to answer for. To an extent their ability was hidden away by the MM/SG spat but coming out on local radio immediately after to say things will move at pace and a PB within 10 days has well and truly exposed them. How much is linked to MM's involvement with them remains to be seen. They should never have had to be involved in the first place for reasons we all know but if I ever see them involved in another admin everyone has my sympathy.

Am I still hopeful? Yes. 3 interested parties prior to the MM/SG resolution and given none of them have publicly walked away - Ashley wouldn't do so without full-on spitting his dummy out - gives belief there will still be a purchaser.

It does lead onto the next thing coming through loud and clear though in that if none of them could get a deal over the line yet, the likelihood of starting next year on -15 looms larger by the day. There is a purchaser out there but at a price. In reality a price that impacts us next year but that'll also anger other clubs as is another 15 point deduction sufficient.

In my mind the last thing needed is another extension because all that happens is we go right up to it with little progress and repeat the cycle. A hard deadline imposed by the EFL would focus minds and stop more money being wasted on admin fees etc when it should be used to pay creditors more than they'll end up getting. If it means we go pop we go pop, but right now we're approaching Groundhog Day. Again.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

It was nice having a couple of weeks when we could actually 'enjoy' the football - typically it's coincided with a dodgy run of form/the team is shot to bits and running on empty - but we're back now waiting for these 'imminent'  updates.

A couple of things have rung out loud and clear. Namely what we suspected all along in that Quantuma have a lot to answer for. To an extent their ability was hidden away by the MM/SG spat but coming out on local radio immediately after to say things will move at pace and a PB within 10 days has well and truly exposed them. How much is linked to MM's involvement with them remains to be seen. They should never have had to be involved in the first place for reasons we all know but if I ever see them involved in another admin everyone has my sympathy.

Am I still hopeful? Yes. 3 interested parties prior to the MM/SG resolution and given none of them have publicly walked away - Ashley wouldn't do so without full-on spitting his dummy out - gives belief there will still be a purchaser.

It does lead onto the next thing coming through loud and clear though in that if none of them could get a deal over the line yet, the likelihood of starting next year on -15 looms larger by the day. There is a purchaser out there but at a price. In reality a price that impacts us next year but that'll also anger other clubs as is another 15 point deduction sufficient.

In my mind the last thing needed is another extension because all that happens is we go right up to it with little progress and repeat the cycle. A hard deadline imposed by the EFL would focus minds and stop more money being wasted on admin fees etc when it should be used to pay creditors more than they'll end up getting. If it means we go pop we go pop, but right now we're approaching Groundhog Day. Again.

Without meaning to be rude to Derby fans (you seem a decent sort btw)….non-Derby fans didn’t feel Q hid their ineptitude very well at all.  We all thought it was clear to see from pretty much day one.  I get that you want to be optimistic about your future, but Q have be3n evidently crap all the way through.

Survival is now the most important thing for you….I guess that qualifies as success at this point…but perhaps expectation levels have lessened over time?

Edited by Davefevs

I hear what you say Dave and no matter however people try and be objective there's always an element of confirmation bias in place. The smokescreen of MM/SG always provided that element of doubt and depending which side of a fence you sit and how strongly rose tinted your glasses are you'll take differing views.

It is one of the things that frustrated me most before with everything. Things could have moved quicker, pressure could have been applied in the right places but there was always something to hide behind that you couldn't one hundred percent disprove. That went and they've shot themselves in the foot. 

Interestingly the Beeb now reporting that privately the admin saying bids in, they're clarifying matters and will announce  a PB this week. It just doesn't wash any more.

Survival qualifying as success - yes it would. It would still leave me feeling bitter and angry about what has transpired. If we shaft every last creditor when MM could pay them all fully then morally I'm repulsed. But I'll also be candid and say I'd be glad we still had a club. A rightfully despised club for screwing people over but it'd  still be mine and as much as I may hate what happens they're still my club.  

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

I hear what you say Dave and no matter however people try and be objective there's always an element of confirmation bias in place. The smokescreen of MM/SG always provided that element of doubt and depending which side of a fence you sit and how strongly rose tinted your glasses are you'll take differing views.

It is one of the things that frustrated me most before with everything. Things could have moved quicker, pressure could have been applied in the right places but there was always something to hide behind that you couldn't one hundred percent disprove. That went and they've shot themselves in the foot. 

Interestingly the Beeb now reporting that privately the admin saying bids in, they're clarifying matters and will announce  a PB this week. It just doesn't wash any more.

Survival qualifying as success - yes it would. It would still leave me feeling bitter and angry about what has transpired. If we shaft every last creditor when MM could pay them all fully then morally I'm repulsed. But I'll also be candid and say I'd be glad we still had a club. A rightfully despised club for screwing people over but it'd  still be mine and as much as I may hate what happens they're still my club.  

No arguments with any of that….

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

What a blinding post this is. Fair play to you Derby Ram. As one who was around in 1982, when we nearly died, I, along with many others empathise.

Any idea how many deadlines there will be as, like you say, it's getting silly now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Without meaning to be rude to Derby fans (you seem a decent sort btw)….non-Derby fans didn’t feel Q hid their ineptitude very well at all.  We all thought it was clear to see from pretty much day one.  I get that you want to be optimistic about your future, but Q have be3n evidently crap all the way through.

Survival is now the most important thing for you….I guess that qualifies as success at this point…but perhaps expectation levels have lessened over time?

Only if you're an accountant or have that kind of experience. I wouldn't have a bloody clue, about the same as I have about team formations! :city:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

Had a little rant about Derby earlier tbh Derby Ram, but do very much agree with this post- and credit where it is due, calling the administrators out yet of course wanting a club still to be standing. Clubs going bust is a terrible thing, reform certainly needed.

I read the forum ie DCFCFans and see some nonsense about the specifics of EFL v Derby of course but that emotive issue aside, it's a decent read in other aspects.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

Too right! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks…I'd be gutted if they folded, because of the fans.

• Like 3

On 28/02/2022 at 09:56, slartibartfast said:

Unless D-day is moved AGAIN ?

The WW2 D Day was the day of the landings on the beaches. Subsequent days were D+1, D+2, D+3 etc. I’m sure the EFL have a similar plan for Derby with D Day stretching to at least D+500

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derby_Ram said:

Yes I would feel exactly the same in the circumstances you have. 

The way I see it is Derby fans backed Mel Morris all the way up the creek and then he buggered off with the paddle. People despising Derby County FC is a bit pointless as the club was effectively one person who abandoned the supporters, suppliers, players and HMRC. 

However if there is a Animosity toward Derby County FC and it’s supporters now and in future, I would suggest it would be because of Derby supporters insane ramblings about EFL agendas, denial of the facts and for a very long time out right support of Mel Morris way after he delivered the club into administration. The attacks on Middlesbrough and Wycombe who have a fiduciary duty to attempt to be compensated by Morris’ out right cheating, attacks on the rules of the EFL that Morris and his cronies were party too and out right denial of everything except any innuendo that would further support the cognitive dissonance firmly rooted in wider Derbyshire! 

I completely agree with DaveF that you seem like a really decent bloke, nevertheless some others need to look in the right directions for how they and The FC have been treated by this miserable man and what has already been stated the worst football administrators anyone has ever seen

Good luck with a buyer, hopefully there is a way to fully pay the taxman and all the suppliers that Morris so beautifully stitched up while he walks away. If Derby do get a haircut on owed taxation then I would expect the animosity toward DCFC to not go away any time soon!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

Any fan, any supporter would feel the same. 
All the bad feeling, pretty much, has come through MM openly taking the piss out of the EFL, other Clubs and fans. I even get that some Derby fans celebrated and mocked that they had got away with it, and this coloured peoples views too. I must admit, I was a lot more upset when Bury looked like going bust, than with Derby because of how it's got there.

That said, all clubs have decent hard working loyal fans that deserve their Club ( Certain local exemptions may exist here :thumbsup: ) and I am a traditionalist, I really hate it when a Club goes, or even gets close to going out of existence . As City supporters of a certain age, many of us on here can empathise .  I hope you still have a League Club next year ( maybe a League Lower ) that I can enjoy hating as I have for years. 

When the dust settles, it's usually the fans that suffer. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Adrenaline will get you so far. 

Yep, siege mentality to some extent…plus I keep saying (apologies for repeating myself) that they don’t have a bad team, if relatively all of them are fit, which in the main they have been ok up until January.

But losing a few during January, like Shinnie for example has exposed their squad depth when players like Lawrence is suspended.  Tonight they still put out a good side, Sibley, CKR, Stearman, Roos, Forsyth on the bench.  If you compare the 18s we’ve had to pick from at times, I’d be quite happy to debate that their squad is stronger.

But I sense these last few games they’ve hit a bit of a wall.

Any bidder thinking there might be a chance of being a Champ club next season, even one on minus 15, is putting that to bed imho.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Adrenaline will get you so far. 

Combination of things. Players running out of steam, losing Jagielka and Shinnie in January, Lawrence's petulance and subsequent three match ban, pressure suddenly arriving when it looked like we had a chance whereas before the team was playing with freedom as we were already doomed.

We were very solid until Jan and whilst Cashin - next youngster off the line - has been our best player in the last month; Jagielka had such a calming presence about him and since he went we've started shipping goals.

Upfront we've been powderpuff all season and if you discount Ebosele's pace and power, and Lawrence ability to do something out of nothing we're very easy to play against. Before we still had a reasonable chance of grinding out a point but those 0-0s are becoming 0-1.

Can't knock any of the players this season but the youngsters need resting for a few games and then bringing them back in but there's no one to rotate them with.

Ironically if any of the play-off squads from the previous years had this lots bottle, attitude and commitment we'd have done a QPR, Villa etc and gone up and not into admin. It's just catching up on the players.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

Combination of things. Players running out of steam, losing Jagielka and Shinnie in January, Lawrence's petulance and subsequent three match ban, pressure suddenly arriving when it looked like we had a chance whereas before the team was playing with freedom as we were already doomed.

We were very solid until Jan and whilst Cashin - next youngster off the line - has been our best player in the last month; Jagielka had such a calming presence about him and since he went we've started shipping goals.

Upfront we've been powderpuff all season and if you discount Ebosele's pace and power, and Lawrence ability to do something out of nothing we're very easy to play against. Before we still had a reasonable chance of grinding out a point but those 0-0s are becoming 0-1.

Can't knock any of the players this season but the youngsters need resting for a few games and then bringing them back in but there's no one to rotate them with.

Ironically if any of the play-off squads from the previous years had this lots bottle, attitude and commitment we'd have done a QPR, Villa etc and gone up and not into admin. It's just catching up on the players.

Your players have done your club proud! I think there would be very few inside or outside that would disagree.

They all deserve a bloody statue! 

Good luck for the rest of the season!

Poor old Wazza. The paranoia is setting in now, was the nasty man rude to you. . . 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585235

Derby County manager Wayne Rooney claimed "no-one wants us in the Championship next season" following his side's 1-0 defeat at Cardiff City.

The former England striker was critical about the refereeing in south Wales.

The Rams stay 23rd in the table, eight points from safety, after the loss.

"Are decisions being made against us because of the situation we are in? I need to ask that question because that's what it feels like," Rooney told BBC Radio Derby.

Having had 21 points deducted this season for going into administration and past financial rule breaches, the Rams have lost their last three Championship fixtures and four of the last five to again leave them facing the prospect of relegation.

Their future remains uncertain as administrators Quantuma have yet to satisfy the English Football League about funding for the rest of the season, or name a preferred bidder to take over the club.

"Referee decisions I felt all game were not good enough. Fourth official - a lack of respect in how he speaks to you," said Rooney.

"No-one wants us in the Championship next season. That's been clear all season. We've had our punishment, but ultimately, I think, the real punishment is going to League One.

"We've exceeded a lot of people's expectations and it's caused issues."

Rooney said his players were disappointed and frustrated at some of the decisions that went against them or were not given.

"I need to ask questions because they deserve a bit more protection than they are getting," he continued.

"Football's a cruel game. We had complete control and the future for this club on the pitch is bright if we can keep the players, if we can keep moving forward and progressing. Off the pitch is a different matter.

"But we are showing a real maturity, a real style and identity of football which is hard for teams to play against, and to come to Cardiff and really dominate the game is a big thing."

Derby next face a crucial home game on Saturday against Barnsley, the team immediately above them in the table.

"It's not over. It's a difficult task now, but we'll keep working and trying to put in performances and pick up points," Rooney added.

Edited by CyderInACan

22 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Poor old Wazza. The paranoia is setting in now, was the nasty man rude to you. . . 

Derby County manager Wayne Rooney claimed "no-one wants us in the Championship next season" following his side's 1-0 defeat at Cardiff City.

"Are decisions being made against us because of the situation we are in? I need to ask that question because that's what it feels like," Rooney told BBC Radio Derby.

Having had 21 points deducted this season for going into administration and past financial rule breaches, the Rams have lost their last three Championship fixtures and four of the last five to again leave them facing the prospect of relegation.

Their future remains uncertain as administrators Quantuma have yet to satisfy the English Football League about funding for the rest of the season, or name a preferred bidder to take over the club.

"Referee decisions I felt all game were not good enough. Fourth official - a lack of respect in how he speaks to you," said Rooney.

"No-one wants us in the Championship next season. That's been clear all season. We've had our punishment, but ultimately, I think, the real punishment is going to League One.

Rooney said his players were disappointed and frustrated at some of the decisions that went against them or were not given.

"I need to ask questions because they deserve a bit more protection than they are getting," he continued.

"Football's a cruel game. We had complete control and the future for this club on the pitch is bright if we can keep the players, if we can keep moving forward and progressing. Off the pitch is a different matter.

"But we are showing a real maturity, a real style and identity of football which is hard for teams to play against, and to come to Cardiff and really dominate the game is a big thing."

Derby next face a crucial home game on Saturday against Barnsley, the team immediately above them in the table.

"It's not over. It's a difficult task now, but we'll keep working and trying to put in performances and pick up points," Rooney added.

What’s the excuse for the shite referees we’ve had then?! 

• Haha 1
  • Robin 2

1 minute ago, Hxj said:

Latest from the Administrators - something might happen ... um ... *searching for new word* ... shortly.

Fresh statement issued by Derby County's administrators over naming preferred bidder - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

Anyone interested in running a sweepstake on the next word used?

Jeeeez, pushing their luck here!

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Don't think so dear, just ask Nige and Bristol City fans…:city: