IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Not exactly sure what they're supposed to be celebrating? Apart from something 29yrs ago....not really 'kicked on and developed' have they? Truly tinpot :facepalm:

Be reasonable, the 29th is the most important of all the anniversaries.

I didn't acknowledge my 30th birthday, I was so drained from celebrating my 29th, there was little I could do.

Would have probably struggled to mark my 37th birthday if I had managed to celebrate my 29th at a venue with an affordable bar.

Still regret having a dress code, mind.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Not exactly sure what they're supposed to be celebrating? Apart from something 29yrs ago....not really 'kicked on and developed' have they? Truly tinpot :facepalm:

The best way to gloss over being in the relegation zone of the third tier is to hold a celebration night marking when the club were good enough to win that division. 29 years ago! 

Weren’t some of them claiming that they were off the back of a period of “unparalleled success” under DC..?! 

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Interesting game tonight

Wally's 2nd choice Vs Wally's 1st choice

Massive game for them tonight. If they lose they could find themselves joint bottom on points and starting to get cut adrift from safety. 

They really need to win tonight, but certainly don’t want to be losing this one. 

Come on you Gills..! 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You wonder if this is widely known by the Gills fans.  If so it might form the basis for some chants.

"Second choice, you're second choice"

"You couldn't buy the Gills"

etc.

They might do, if they weren’t stood in awe and wonderment at the championship ready sprinkler system. 

Will the away end/tent. Or the home ends/tents, be safe to use tonight, if this wind keeps on picking up..?

I think that’s about all there is left for them to humiliate themselves now isn’t it..? The roof blowing off the tents during the game..?! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They might do, if they weren’t stood in awe and wonderment at the championship ready sprinkler system. 

Will the away end/tent. Or the home ends/tents, be safe to use tonight, if this wind keeps on picking up..?

I think that’s about all there is left for them to humiliate themselves now isn’t it..? The roof blowing off the tents during the game..?! 

Whee!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wouldn't be so sure. Just when you think they can't make anymore of an ass out of themselves, along comes another stupid statement/comment/suggestion.

The gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You wonder if this is widely known by the Gills fans.  If so it might form the basis for some chants.

"Second choice, you're second choice"

"You couldn't buy the Gills"

etc.

I expect all "da shit" that are always in their away end will get those started.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Be reasonable, the 29th is the most important of all the anniversaries..

That’s a matter of opinion.

Personally I’m looking forward the the 19th Anniversary next year of our defeat to Stoke in the Auto Windscreens Final at Wembley. 

I understand Damian Spencer, Paul Holland and Peter Beadle are expected to attend a church hall somewhere in South Bristol to talk about that incredible day.

* Date to be confirmed

* Will not clash with Cub/Scouts meetings

* Full kit must be worn

* Fiver on the door or free if you climb through the bog window.

* BYO White Lightning.

* Meat Raffle, £1...win some meat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Love the fact they’re advertising the event on the back of a Wembley defeat to Tranmere in the Leyland Daf Trophy....what an achievement.....I remember Gerald Francis blamed the length of the grass at Wembley for their 2-1 thrashing.....comical.....except our current Head Coach measures the grass length at away grounds before he decides on tactics, so maybe Francis was ahead of his time?!

So it brought them a loss in a key game and our manager has one of the worst losing streaks in the clubs history, grass length obviously is the key to... losing ?

1 hour ago, grubby said:

Just seen vid on FB of Gloucester Rd in very deep water after a cloud burst, Wonder what state their cow field will be in???? They won't be needing their championship ready sprinklers tonight :)

Depends on Gills recent form? If they’re on a good run then those Championship ready sprinklers would’ve been pissing all over the pitch non stop for the last few days.

• Like 1

Hoping for 6000 gasheads tonight cheering on their doomed to league 2 misfits.  The rain may keep a few away though. Not sure how much water the roofs of the tents will take before they cave in.

Championship ready sprinklers have been on all day because the morons forgot to turn them off. Never mind, Dopey the Dog Botherer always enjoys splashing around in the mud.

3 points for the Gills tonight.

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Hoping for 6000 gasheads tonight cheering on their doomed to league 2 misfits.  The rain may keep a few away though. Not sure how much water the roofs of the tents will take before they cave in.

Championship ready sprinklers have been on all day because the morons forgot to turn them off. Never mind, Dopey the Dog Botherer always enjoys splashing around in the mud.

3 points for the Gills tonight.

Well I'm not going, I fancied Basingstoke Town v Hartley Witney instead :)

• Like 1