IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No club in this country has ever actually gone AFAIK except by merger (Bristol Southend and Bedminster).  Aldershot and Bradford Park Avenue are still plugging away.

If they lose their ground then it's back to Twerton or the new Bath Rugby ground due 2021.

As long as it has even a few hundred supporters who are going to pay to watch a club then that club will continue in some form.

Didn't Hereford properly disappear? Yes there's now a Hereford 2.0 but I thought they genuinely 'went'.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Didn't Hereford properly disappear? Yes there's now a Hereford 2.0 but I thought they genuinely 'went'.

As did Aldershot in that technical sense but there is still a club called Hereford playing which Hereford fans continue to support.  That the limited company that previously owned Hereford went bust didn't mean that there was no Hereford to support.

BRFC 1883 can be liquidated, the AQs can realise their charge on the Memorial Ground and sell it.

The next day the supporters incorporate a new BRFC 2018, find a ground to rent, put together a scratch team and apply to play in the Conference the next season.  With an average gate of 6k they'll be welcomed with open arms.

The club continues.

I have just trawled through Dopey’s Evening Post interview. They do him no favours by quoting him verbatim, but in fairness it’s such a rambling incoherent tirade about, and against, everyone I don’t suppose they had any alternative. Dispite  a couple of claims to be offering clarity, to me at least, he delivers the opposite and comes across as a raving self-serving idiot, incapable of holding a single thought, or stringing a couple of simple sentences together. Never mind the results, or the shameless shifting of blame onto everyone else, the bloke is an embarrassment to (even) that club and should be relieved of his duties forthwith if only for the sake of his own metal health.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Can’t even figure out how you could legally do such a thing 

I can see that you can put it in but it's pretty meaningless. 

If they want to continue owning the club then just cut the grass at the Colony and say "There is the new ground and we are playing at Swindon whilst the facilities are built".

If they don't then just sell the club for what they can get and immediately take possession of the ground to satisfy their outstanding charge on it; and then sell it.

These are investors who four years ago would not have been able to find Bristol on a map.  They want to maximise how much money they get back when they leave.

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

Can’t even figure out how you could legally do such a thing 

You can tell it's bollox just by taking a step back,. Why would you take a charge over something that can't be traded, and thus is worthless? The charge would be over the club not the asset. How could they have sold the club to Al Q with the pay day loan charge over the mem extant basically overriding that charge? They couldn't. 

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I was surprised too but that's what the man himself said.

Whilst being tightly squeezed somewhere? As you say though it’s odd he says this then goes on to mention the bits that aren’t right. 

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The next day the supporters incorporate a new BRFC 2018, find a ground to rent, put together a scratch team and apply to play in the Conference the next season.

In your dreams. Best they might hope for would be the Western League (somewhere pyramid 9-10,) though Hellenic would be more appropriate given their similarity to the Greek economy and the fact they've both lost their marbles......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

I’m waiting for the similar meltdown on radio bristol

That presenter, Alex Belfield, is a total dick.  He said to both Daryl and a fan "Get it into your thick head" as well as insulting the whole Mansfield team and its fanbase.

I don't know if anybody has listened to "Down the Line" but Alex Belfield sounds like an extreme version of Gary Bellamy who is a comic creation.

This is from his wiki; he has form for being a prat:

Over the years Belfield has courted controversy. In 2004 at Scarlet FM he regularly made the local newspapers after various stunts and controversial statements, with one listener describing his style as "moronic".[23] At Mansfield 103.2, he established a series of 'fake sackings' (one of which would involve Mansfield 103.2's managing director Tony Delahunty), in which he would pretend to be fired on the air and then magically reappear the following day.[24]In 2005 whilst hosting the late night radio show for Capital Gold Belfield referred to a mother of triplets as a "slapper". Belfield's comments were described as "ill-judged".[25] In 2010 whilst hosting BBC Radio Leeds mid-morning show Belfield was suspended for 1 day after making "lewd" comments about BBC Look North weather presenter Keeley Donovan.[26]

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Judah_Eskendar_Tafar said:

I have just trawled through Dopey’s Evening Post interview. They do him no favours by quoting him verbatim, but in fairness it’s such a rambling incoherent tirade about, and against, everyone I don’t suppose they had any alternative. Dispite  a couple of claims to be offering clarity, to me at least, he delivers the opposite and comes across as a raving self-serving idiot, incapable of holding a single thought, or stringing a couple of simple sentences together. Never mind the results, or the shameless shifting of blame onto everyone else, the bloke is an embarrassment to (even) that club and should be relieved of his duties forthwith if only for the sake of his own metal health.

Not at all, in fact he should be given a nice new contract extension if anything, in my opinion he's doing a fantastic job.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That presenter, Alex Belfield, is a total dick.  He said to both Daryl and a fan "Get it into your thick head" as well as insulting the whole Mansfield team and its fanbase.

I don't know if anybody has listened to "Down the Line" but Alex Belfield sounds like an extreme version of Gary Bellamy who is a comic creation.

This is from his wiki; he has form for being a prat:

Over the years Belfield has courted controversy. In 2004 at Scarlet FM he regularly made the local newspapers after various stunts and controversial statements, with one listener describing his style as "moronic".[23] At Mansfield 103.2, he established a series of 'fake sackings' (one of which would involve Mansfield 103.2's managing director Tony Delahunty), in which he would pretend to be fired on the air and then magically reappear the following day.[24]In 2005 whilst hosting the late night radio show for Capital Gold Belfield referred to a mother of triplets as a "slapper". Belfield's comments were described as "ill-judged".[25] In 2010 whilst hosting BBC Radio Leeds mid-morning show Belfield was suspended for 1 day after making "lewd" comments about BBC Look North weather presenter Keeley Donovan.[26]

Totally got Clarke on the hook and biting though.

Weapons grade optimism from the Rovers' marketing team here:

Bristol Rovers FC Half-Season Tickets – for our final eleven home Sky Bet League One fixtures – are now on sale!

Starting at just £150 for adults and £65 for Under-16s, the half-season ticket could make the ideal Christmas gift for your family and friends heading into the new year!

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/december/6.12.18-half-season-tickets/

"Ideal Christmas gift" ?

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

In your dreams. Best they might hope for would be the Western League (somewhere pyramid 9-10,) though Hellenic would be more appropriate given their similarity to the Greek economy and the fact they've both lost their marbles......

If they did go pop and start up in the conference south or lower would this thread have to end?

9 hours ago, RumRed said:

Football really is a different world. Where else could you fail, slag the owners off in public and still get years worth of pay on being sacked?

Not having a go at Dopey in particular but what other jobs offer that?

It's a stupid, disproportionate, unrealistic game largely unrelated to life outside the "bubble" (and yet some people are surprised and upset at the reaction of some supporters to it, ie, that they "moan" a lot, and expect a lot/too much, and are not proportionate and realistic etc). Funny old game/world!

“So that’s what it is, that’s where we are, that’s clarity. Whether that upsets a few, it probably will do, but I always think honesty, integrity, letting people know the score is the best way of dealing with it.” 

“Just think clarity needs to come out. It’s not hard, is it? It’s not hard to say for me. I might get my knuckles wrapped” 

“They tell me things, they’re still working on this and this, but I don’t see anything progressing. I say this to them as well.”

“I don’t think anyone would blame me for walking out the door, would they? ...
I’m emotional sometimes after the game, like I was after the Gillingham game, but, for me, I want to get clarity out there. That’s where we stand as a football club, let’s try and ****ing move it forward.”

Wonder if Clarke’s not careful whether they will sack him for speaking out (Needs to be careful he isn’t breaching any clauses in his contract) and try and bin him off without compensation 

They are in danger of being relegated into L1 in a worse state than when they were relegated there last time 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

“So that’s what it is, that’s where we are, that’s clarity. Whether that upsets a few, it probably will do, but I always think honesty, integrity, letting people know the score is the best way of dealing with it.” 

“Just think clarity needs to come out. It’s not hard, is it? It’s not hard to say for me. I might get my knuckles wrapped” 

“They tell me things, they’re still working on this and this, but I don’t see anything progressing. I say this to them as well.”

“I don’t think anyone would blame me for walking out the door, would they? ...
I’m emotional sometimes after the game, like I was after the Gillingham game, but, for me, I want to get clarity out there. That’s where we stand as a football club, let’s try and ****ing move it forward.”

Wonder if Clarke’s not careful whether they will sack him for speaking out (Needs to be careful he isn’t breaching any clauses in his contract) and try and bin him off without compensation 

They are in danger of being relegated into L1 in a worse state than when they were relegated there last time 

Crossed my mind as well, a case of gross misconduct maybe. 

• Like 2