IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Barton searching for his Messi or Jordan as he alters expectations for Rovers

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/messi-joey-barton-bristol-rovers-7592377#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

Well what a surprise, Barton forced to rethink his expectations for the season.

Yep, they are still coming for us.?

Given their status as loan players it's seems perhaps a touch naïve for the Rovers manager to have pinned hopes for 2022/23 on individuals who aren't contracted at the club, but Barton's belief they would come back indicates it was a genuine possibility,

Genuine possibility, just because he believes it? He's valuing Anderson at £15/£16 million quid, yet was expecting him to rock up in League One for another season!! What utter nonsense. The whole article just shows how delusional he is, and how he changes his tune by the day depending on every single event that happens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheReds said:

Given their status as loan players it's seems perhaps a touch naïve for the Rovers manager to have pinned hopes for 2022/23 on individuals who aren't contracted at the club, but Barton's belief they would come back indicates it was a genuine possibility,

Genuine possibility, just because he believes it? He's valuing Anderson at £15/£16 million quid, yet was expecting him to rock up in League One for another season!! What utter nonsense. The whole article just shows how delusional he is, and how he changes his tune by the day depending on every single event that happens.

Classic Barton deflection tactics. He`s implying that players had indicated they would return but those nasty parent clubs wouldn`t let them. The reality is that he knew all along there was no chance but the lack of recruitment is now no longer his fault.

`But, but they promised me...................`

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheReds said:

So he basically built their whole pre season hype train on some massive assumption? So cringe, amateur and embarrassing. But equally, such lovely viewing. 

He’s somehow making them even more tinpot 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

So he basically built their whole pre season hype train on some massive assumption? So cringe, amateur and embarrassing. But equally, such lovely viewing. 

He’s somehow making them even more tinpot 

Also saying he had to stop Al Quidi spending too much money on players in one interview.

So if he wasn't getting the players back, then why hadn't he identified adequate replacements seeing as they have all this dosh sloshing around - even though the other night he was moaning they can't compete with the top teams.

I wish he'd make his mind up on multiple issues. A cynic may say he has been telling porkies on purpose..... Yet they all seem to fall for it.

• Like 1

right chaps as you know i sinned last week by going to my local golf club for a evening with mr holloway.to be fair he was a gentleman and took alot of time with  myself and are table to have a bit of banter as he new i was city.i asked him many questions which some will be interested and im sure others will not but only fair i put them on here AS HE TOLD ME HE WOULD CHECK FOR QUESTOIN 1

1 did you say a good city fan is a dead one. NEVER MADE UP- and to be fair very passionate about this

2 best player he played with /ray butch wilkins

3 best player he enjoyed playing against /rob biff newman great player on the pitch true gent off the pitch also gerry gow he loved as a player

4 both sides/we are miles ahead on and off the pitch great owner and a top manager that takes no shit also how the fanbase has grown

5 on joey barton/ no comment

6 on tommy conway alex scott /great young players but both sides need to stop scouts from other clubs coming on are patch moping up under 16s like wba southampton villa and a few others

7 made i laugh/you got a bar that would grace the prem we got a portakabin with white and blue stripes and my name on it

8/owner how rich/loans says it all

9/did you get asked or would you have took city job before little lee/not a chance would i but not a chance city would ask me

10/hates millwall with a passion due to all the personal abusive behaviour towards his family had.

last one and this surprised me

wants city to get to the prem as his beloved rovers got no chance said as much as it hurts it would be great for bristol as a whole not just football but the city and the economy. Loves the derbys but hates the the trouble that comes with them classed the derby on par with celtic rangers and said god help if we get a draw in the fa cup

to be fair chaps i have always hated as a player and being a gashead but if im honest i found him a true gent and very honest last week who made a big effort for charity which alot of money was raised. There is no doubt he is bristol as a whole through thick and thin and even took the piss out of me being from the forest of dean asking me did i come with me tractor and pitchfork. Also was shocked when i said there i over 100 city supporters from fod and chepstow but said that is great to here

for me never judge a book by its cover or just because he is a rival/yes i know im going soft

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I hope Lincoln fans don`t think that the `stadium` they are visiting this afternoon is representative of sporting venues in Bristol and it puts them off coming down for the League Cup game.

Worse still they may get the idea it's possible to win in Bristol.