IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Jesus how bad is their defending, didn’t get near the Wycombe players and the few times they could clear the ball it went straight back to a Wycombe player. 

Every single time I watch the goals they concede it’s 99% of the time down to awful goalkeeping or defending. With the amount of mates he has coaching you’d think one of them could teach them how to defend. 

However I thoroughly enjoy watching their “defending” 

8 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Barton blames their 10 home losses on the bad pitch, surely that’ll give them an advantage as they’re used to it and the away teams only play there once? #gaslogic #madeforeachother

as I recall it, Derby used to have a shocking pitch at The Baseball Ground, but Cloughie turned it to his advantage. Come to think of it, Forests pitch could be pretty ropey too... and look what happened to them

I don't think I can ever recall a coach of any sport belittling one of their players international prospects.

That is very odd. I have seen similar behaviour at work where there might be talented individuals in a team, the manager sees them as a threat to his standing in the wider company so he criticises some aspect of their work to try and re establish the gap to his authority.

That is the only thing I can see going on here. It actually shows a lack of self belief by the manager, scared of others being more popular or more respected. This behaviour has the reverse effect, as with my ex boss everyone eventually hates him as they cotton on to his ways and develop a lack of trust.

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Some of their own fans have been saying  today that they were disgusted with the sexist abuse aimed at the female referee at last night's game, disgusted maybe, surprised surely not !!

They're not used to female officials, or any other females for that matter 

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If the state of the pitch decides whether JB stays or goes they should get out there planting potatoes day and night. Runner beans too, don't worry about the canes. Fresh veg for the fans in the summer - result.

Instead of building a new stadium at the fruit market,they can build a fruit market at their old stadium 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Sounds like Joey wants out….

C8BA0FAE-DEE5-43C6-A64F-22F2AD21B60B.jpeg

That can’t be right….he won’t rest until he has got them promoted? Or is he doing them a favour because he isn’t get paid enough? Paying their coaches out of his own pocket isn’t it? Or actually he did say Wael is keen to spend loads of money and he has to reel him in….argh I can’t keep up. 

It’s almost as if he’s a ******* headcase. And they still lap it up. Delicious. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Sounds like Joey wants out….

C8BA0FAE-DEE5-43C6-A64F-22F2AD21B60B.jpeg

What a p r ick. Can clearly see there was nothing wrong at all with pitch from Wycombe's goal. He’s such a salty **** it’s untrue.  Imagine listening to his crap excuses week after week;  it’s the opposition style of play, it’s the opposition managers’ dinosaur tactics, it’s the standard of refereeing, it’s the pitch. Couple that with chucking his own players and ground staff under the bus on a regular basis. I can’t believe that the Gas tards continue to lap up his delusional, excuse ridden bollocks.  But I’m very glad they do. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If the state of the pitch decides whether JB stays or goes they should get out there planting potatoes day and night. Runner beans too, don't worry about the canes. Fresh veg for the fans in the summer - result.

Bumper harvest guaranteed with all the manure they serve up at the Mem-llotment.

6 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If the mountain can't go to Mohamed, then why not bring home your very own 'fruit market' garden??? ?

Edited by Son of Fred

On a slightly different (Rovers related) subject, I see that Don Megson, one of their former players and managers has died.

I first saw him (on TV) when he captained Sheffield Wednesday in that great FA Cup Final against Everton - for me, the Mike Trebelcock final - but, after playing for Rovers, he then went on to manage them for several years, at a time when there was a real, genuine rivalry between the two Bristol clubs.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

On a slightly different (Rovers related) subject, I see that Don Megson, one of their former players and managers has died.

I first saw him (on TV) when he captained Sheffield Wednesday in that great FA Cup Final against Everton - for me, the Mike Trebelcock final - but, after playing for Rovers, he then went on to manage them for several years, at a time when there was a real, genuine rivalry between the two Bristol clubs.

That was the first cup final I can remember watching on telly (66)

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As I was walking down Stapleton Road I saw Don Megson lying there