IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Eye eye gash has won a game again , new stadium , biggest team in Bristol ( 9000 today ) going come for city :laugh: and still Andy tilson record signing £350 thousand haha get real camel cruncher you cannot build a team on loan signings GET YOUR OWN PLAYERS  -bottom half of division 3 :laugh:

• Hmmm 1

48 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Here you go. AG fits nicely, with plenty of space for parking (if that's what they wanted to use the space for).

Fruit market site BRFC 3.jpg

That’s approx 50% of the fruit market site. Add in parking and misc roads and there’s not much left for all the other housing, shops etc stuff that will make money for the developers. This just doesn’t add up. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Exactly @Eddie Hitler

Really strange way of funding a new stadium.

Both City, and Luton as another good example have secured the other areas of land that can be used through development to fund a new stadium (in City's case the AV and subsequent Sports Village).

Why Wael isn't looking to do the Fruit Market proposal himself is indicative of the complete lack of funds he actually has available. 

If all of this comes to fruition, the Gas will end up with absolutely no fixed assets at all (similar to Coventry's nightmare), and will be beholden to whoever their landlord is.

At some stage that landlord will change, and they will find themselves at a huge disadvantage trying to renegotiate new terms. It's got disaster written all over it.

Why give up your ownership of your own ground? Why haven't Rovers done a planning application for the Memorial ground themselves for either ground redevelopment or housing. If the housing was granted (like Lansdown' s was for the Sports village) you could always sell the proposal to another developer or do it yourself.

Just seems like a really lazy option that they've taken, allied to in financial terms a massive premium being paid to being part of the Fruit Market development (which in essence they are piggybacking on).

Exactly this. In reality Wally is just a speculator. This is Sainsburys Round 2. He hasn't the inclination or funding to buy the land himself. If he had he could've developed what he already owns. I think one of the numerous empty announcements was "we will rebuild it stand by stand".

I can't see it getting off the ground as the transport links alone are horrendous and the council in their infinite wisdom have already made Cattle Market Road one way.

Then there is the congestion charge which I believe runs along Cattle Market Road in any case.

Then there is the added pollution created.

It is all fraught with problems leaving your main asset in the hands of a developer but basically boils down to why he bought the club in the first place which was for a quick way to sell the ageing high maintenance asset and finance the new stadium with it which in turn will make it easier for him to sell it on the open market.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

9,613 there today, but they need a 50,000 stadium :facepalm:

1,159 away fans

So about 8,400 blue few,  yet they bang on about selling out every game. Is the Memorial Ground getting smaller? 

Or is Dave letting more in? 

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

1,159 away fans

So about 8,400 blue few,  yet they bang on about selling out every game. Is the Memorial Ground getting smaller? 

Or is Dave letting more in? 

37,000 locked out, waiting for the 45K-seater Field of Plums Stadium to be built. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Am I missing something? 

I've heard many people say they have secured land for a new stadium yet I see it as some company has paid 450k for an option to buy the site (if conditions are met) nothing more and nothing less than that.

No, you aren’t missing anything.

Just standard delusion from the blue few & their mates at Bristol Live & Radio Bristol.

They do have an asset that could help to fund some of this but we’re a million miles away from that even potentially happening.

• Like 1

To be fair, one of the blue few phoned into 20mans show last night specifically to say how the club and local media were misrepresenting the stadium situation. He said it was typical Rovers, shouting about a new stadium and supporters lapping it up. Him and 20man were spot on in saying nothing at all has happened re a stadium, just that the developer has a 12 month option to explore options.

It is no closer today than it was 3 or 4 years ago when all this was first mooted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

37,000 locked out, waiting for the 45K-seater Field of Plums Stadium to be built. 

Ah, think you have stumbled on something there. The extra land space of the fruit market will be needed to accommodate those outside the ground. 8k inside (sell out), 40k in the car park. Has anyone told the developers they won't be able to build the flats and retail?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Ah, think you have stumbled on something there. The extra land space of the fruit market will be needed to accommodate those outside the ground. 8k inside (sell out), 40k in the car park. Has anyone told the developers they won't be able to build the flats and retail?

Actually we are all missing a trick here. They have said numerous times I'm the past that "we will watch them from the pavement/road" whatever, so maybe there is no stadium and the gas are going to play on one of the roads that will be cleared of parked cars every couple of weeks. :)

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Actually we are all missing a trick here. They have said numerous times I'm the past that "we will watch them from the pavement/road" whatever, so maybe there is no stadium and the gas are going to play on one of the roads that will be cleared of parked cars, scrap metal trucks, bin lorries and copious amounts of dog shit every couple of weeks. :)

Added a few extras for you 

4 hours ago, pommers65 said:

Just had a quick look, a very wide variety of opinion from 'it's happening, let's think of the new stadium name' right through to 'so many previous disappointments'.

Maybe that could be the stadium name then, the So Many Previous Disappointments Stadium.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Just had a quick look, a very wide variety of opinion from 'it's happening, let's think of the new stadium name' right through to 'so many previous disappointments'.

Maybe that could be the stadium name then, the So Many Previous Disappointments Stadium.

I prefer `The It Will Never Happen Ground`

48 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

you can see the headlines.  'stalemate at never never land'  thats not a goalless draw at their new stadium,its the developer not building it for them because the fence wasnt extended at the mem

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

you can see the headlines.  'stalemate at never never land'  thats not a goalless draw at their new stadium,its the developer not building it for them because the fence wasnt extended at the mem

“Stalemate” is the single word that kiosk operatives are ordered to respond when addressing a customer asking for a packet of crisps at the Mem. 

• Haha 17

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The Pie In The Sky Stadium.

Simply because it will never happen.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

To be fair, one of the blue few phoned into 20mans show last night specifically to say how the club and local media were misrepresenting the stadium situation. He said it was typical Rovers, shouting about a new stadium and supporters lapping it up. Him and 20man were spot on in saying nothing at all has happened re a stadium, just that the developer has a 12 month option to explore options.

It is no closer today than it was 3 or 4 years ago when all this was first mooted.

I heard him too, very sensible for a sag

6 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The Shitehawk Pissporial - I know I've downed a bottle of Malbec,but I can't stop laughing ?

• Hmmm 1