IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

According to those who have looked on the website it hasn’t been yet.

Without saying too much here I can think of a few people at BCC who might just make sure this application is pushed through a lot quicker than the average house loft extension..

The application for the "grand designs" proposal next to our house was due to be decided by last August. With no alterations the planning decision was decided in February this year. All due to pressure of work apparently.

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Without saying too much here I can think of a few people at BCC who might just make sure this application is pushed through a lot quicker than the average house loft extension..

There’s still arbitrary time scales to follow.

I do wonder if they’ve done this so they can say “look we need a new ground, Bristol council stop us expanding…”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I took their word for it, didn't think they could be fibbing .

I should know by now, they are as close to the truth as they are to the Championship.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Insert the word ‘rugby’ and fair enough, but “rich footballing history”?!?IMG_3556.thumb.jpeg.8b9f37cfe10682c039fe5ec043567c5b.jpeg

Rich footballing history?!? That is stretching it a bit. The Watney cup is a rare piece of silverware. Unique is probably a better word, as in the only club I know of who have been relegated out of the football league by a team wearing their kit.

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Must admit in my initial desire to take the piss out of the one behind the goal I completely missed the “structure” to the right, that basically is a bus shelter, isn’t it? Looks ridiculous.

With regards to planning permission it isn’t my field of expertise but I’m sure you can carry on with all preparatory work in advance (if you’re brave you can actually crack on without it at risk you’ll have to dismantle).

There are huge backlogs outstanding as a result of the pandemic but replacing one structure with a similar height one is highly unlikely to be contentious & so provided it does get nodded through I can’t see it being a problem.

Looks absolutely shit, though.

The claimed capacity of the new structure is triple that of the existing tent.

And from the drawing it looks as though it will be the same height as the West Stand which would mean a doubling of the current elevation.

image.thumb.jpeg.579fad8e10e654b59be2757b14dbe6ca.jpeg

8 hours ago, bert tann said:

The claimed capacity of the new structure is triple that of the existing tent.

And from the drawing it looks as though it will be the same height as the West Stand which would mean a doubling of the current elevation.

image.thumb.jpeg.579fad8e10e654b59be2757b14dbe6ca.jpeg

4 stands and only half the ground shown ????? what a dump

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Planning has been applied for apparently, but the site is saying 8 weeks for small scale and 13 + for larger scale. If you say 3 month to get it past planning, that's July. Doesn't leave long to knock up a Stand does it.

Judging by that picture, it won’t need long…..

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Swede said:

Rich footballing history?!? That is stretching it a bit. The Watney cup is a rare piece of silverware. Unique is probably a better word, as in the only club I know of who have been relegated out of the football league by a team wearing their kit.

And even the Watney Cup is nothing to do with the memorial ground’s history! 

I think we are doing them a disservice, as you can see, this has been in the planning stage for some considerable time, as was identified by a plucky poster earlier in the thread. The prototype (pictured) proved very popular and cost effective. Now that timber, PVC corrugated sheet and 100mm nail stocks have stabilised post COVID, supplies can be secured, North Bristol handymen employed the master plan actioned. The wooden construction will show what an eco friendly and go-ahead club they really are and put one over local rivals Forest Green Rovers!

image.png.9b845f012185dafca2a1024c7f2436a9.png

image.thumb.png.ea58fa137ee25bb460a9b840ddcf000b.png

Edited by adamski
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, adamski said:

I think we are doing them a disservice, as you can see, this has been in the planning stage for some considerable time, as was identified by a plucky poster earlier in the thread. The prototype (pictured) proved very popular and cost effective. Now that timber, PVC corrugated sheet and 100mm nail stocks have stabilised post COVID, supplies can be secured, North Bristol handymen employed the master plan actioned. The wooden construction will show what an eco friendly and go-ahead club they really are and put one over local rivals Forest Green Rovers!

Joint project by Lego and Subbuteo then. 

12 hours ago, adamski said:

Looks like its been designed on a Commodore 64 computer. They'll have to come up with something better than this fag packet design for planning. It resembles a cattle shed. What an embarrassment this is. It really shows that their chelsea supporting charlatan couldn't give a flying f about them.The gift keeps giving. Tinpot

On 28/04/2023 at 17:19, Silvio Dante said:

This will not be the final design

There was a mix up in communication between Wael and the architect 

Wael being a big Chelsea fan asked for the stand to look like THE SHED at Stamford Bridge

The architect thought he said A SHED

• Haha 4

On 30/04/2023 at 11:36, 22A said:

Genuine question.

IF Rovers gained promotion, could it then be stopped if the ground is "Considered unsuitable for the Championship"?

I thought it used to be as long as they had plans to redevelop or move elsewhere they had 3 years(?) or so. This is how Brentford for example had terracing in place for years for away fans until they moved.

3 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

This will not be the final design

There was a mix up in communication between Wael and the architect 

Wael being a big Chelsea fan asked for the stand to look like THE SHED at Stamford Bridge

The architect thought he said A SHED

I first reminded of those traps that greyhounds start dog races from. Perhaps this is intentional, a link to their Eastville past. Just needs a small furry animal whizzing around the outside of the pitch to complete the look.