IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

According to someone on their forum, it’s better to not sign anyone at the beginning of the transfer window as the fees are too expensive….

Gas logic. 

Fees? I seem to recall the normal price they pay for a transfer is "free"

Obviously free players in June/July are more expensive than free players in August.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cityal said:

Fees? I seem to recall the normal price they pay for a transfer is "free"

Obviously free players in June/July are more expensive than free players in August.

Surely a club of their standing with a manager the like of which football has never seen before would have a queue of players beating at the tent flaps begging to sign for da famuzzzz quarters?

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

53 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Serious question, have they been given planning permission yet?

They haven't even submitted an admissible planning application, but are proceeding with the build regardless, in contravention of due process and fair practice. 

Yet should they be unfortunate enough not to win retrospective consent, they will no doubt be outraged (having already sold over 100 season tickets for a non-existent stand), the victims of NIMBYs and an anti-Rovers council. 

Edited by City Rocker
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

They haven't even submitted an admissible planning application, but are proceeding with the build regardless.

Yet should they be unfortunate enough not to win retrospective consent, they will no doubt be outraged (having already sold over 100 season tickets for a non-existent stand), the victims of NIMBYs and an anti-Rovers council

Despite them never having rejected Rovers in the past, not that they have actually ever submitted any stadium applications 

5 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Despite them never having rejected Rovers in the past, not that they have actually ever submitted any stadium applications 

Nonsense, they were granted full planning permission to redevelop the stadium complete with a block of student flats, about 15 years ago. Didn't go ahead though, as no one would pay for it, as it turned out. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They better hope this week is off the scale for signings mind. 

Most league clubs will have players returning from pre season in 9 days. They only have 14 contracted outfield players as it stands….

BBDFFB5E-6101-46C3-9B7A-A741F76A1C74.jpeg

Have they been banned for criticising Saint Joseph? He will surely sign 12 players once they have sold the man who couldn't get into the dreadful Wales squad, that was stuffed by Armenia, for £5m.

And have the teams who will be around them in the relegation zone really done good business?

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They better hope this week is off the scale for signings mind. 

Most league clubs will have players returning from pre season in 9 days. They only have 14 contracted outfield players as it stands….

BBDFFB5E-6101-46C3-9B7A-A741F76A1C74.jpeg

They’ll sign another 5 on loan in the run up to the season, not a chance they’ll all arrive in the next week, as sides usually decide on those they loan out after pre season has started.

Their recruitment so far (basically a 34 year old who wanted to return to the area) mirrors their new “stand” progress, loads of talk but not very much action.

The sensible ones over there will know that the big clubs get 1st dibs on the quality talent because they have the money. Then the good clubs get 2nd dibs, the average clubs 3rd dibs.

The poor clubs get the loan signings that are effectively leftover scraps off the dining table as the window closes and the system shakes itself down.

It is in effect just like footy at school when the team captains took turns in picking their sides.

I will leave you to decide for yourself where Rovers fit into this hierarchy but to give you a hint they are about as high up the pecking order as I was at school! ☹

3 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The sensible ones over there will know that the big clubs get 1st dibs on the quality talent because they have the money. Then the good clubs get 2nd dibs, the average clubs 3rd dibs.

The poor clubs get the loan signings that are effectively leftover scraps off the dining table as the window closes and the system shakes itself down.

It is in effect just like footy at school when the team captains took turns in picking their sides.

I will leave you to decide for yourself where Rovers fit into this hierarchy but to give you a hint they are about as high up the pecking order as I was at school! ☹

were you the fat kid ?

36 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

No, the opposite.

I was small and skinny. But still slow!

Knew what I wanted to do with the ball, thought I was Trevor Tainton but sadly did not have the talent to put it into practice.

Maybe Rovers will give me a call.

In my school days when captains chose their teams in order of merit or popularity, I was always that lad in the final two or three -  I was skinny as a rake, buck teeth and glasses wth a sticking plaster over one lense.  Good enough for the Welsh League a few years later, mind!  Back to the orginal model these days though........well, apart from the skinny bit.

glasses60s.jpeg.62edffbec6483066a9cfe63ef299df2b.jpeg

Edited by JackofromSanJavier
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

So, they get the stools then. Do I win £5?

Nothing against you OENL!

21 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

At least you had the excuse of numbness of the legs.......