IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, redkev said:

They will be unveiling the new stand along with their 5-6 new signings on Monday ????? 202?

The signings won't be quite what they hope and the Fewers will pretend to be delighted that they have become a development club for Championship and Premier League teams as they take yet another handful of loan signings, whereas all that does is push any of their own young players further down the pecking order.

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Clearly the family club they like to claim they are does not extend to respect for elderly relatives.

This a club official posting so it`s not made up, it did happen.

It also makes you wonder what the people around him are doing? If I saw someone slapping an 80 year old man around, I’d be stepping in very quickly.

• Like 2

On 11/06/2023 at 20:24, slartibartfast said:

And long may it continue so !

I "prowedly" sported a Support Rovers Move To Mansfield in my window .

IMG_6771_Original.thumb.jpeg.de570ec7f0c1bae5744f2360772ec359.jpeg

Me too and I’m still very much in favour of the move tbf.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 9

15 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I wonder what Henbury Gas has to say about this….

If past behaviour is anything to go by he’ll probably make up some more bullshit about us to be lapped up by every gullible dumbo on Slagchat.

We all remember the last time he did it and how they all believed it without question. Funny how the mystery fan has never been seen or heard of again after he supposedly got his season ticket at the Mem…

970BBF6A-D956-4010-B185-5739A0930F36.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If past behaviour is anything to go by he’ll probably make up some more bullshit about us to be lapped up by every gullible dumbo on Slagchat.

We all remember the last time he did it and how they all believed it without question. Funny how the mystery fan has never been seen or heard of again after he supposedly got his season ticket at the Mem…

970BBF6A-D956-4010-B185-5739A0930F36.jpeg

'helped him to select the correct seat.....'

??

Not sure that the choice of white plastic patio chairs from 1985 are something that they should be proud to offer anyone.

8 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

'helped him to select the correct seat.....'

??

Not sure that the choice of white plastic patio chairs from 1985 are something that they should be proud to offer anyone.

Surely the right thing to do would be to identify those who allegedly attacked him and ban them? Instead he has to move and the guilty parties stay put.

15 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The signings won't be quite what they hope and the Fewers will pretend to be delighted that they have become a development club for Championship and Premier League teams as they take yet another handful of loan signings, whereas all that does is push any of their own young players further down the pecking order.

I know that the Gas don't actually have an Academy as such. But do their development squad actually play in any sort of league?

My eldest is in the SGS  Football Academy squad (coached by Dave Hockaday) and they play Bristol Rovers throughout the season (as well as other CAT 1, and CAT 2 Academy sides) as well as being in a league (Elite College Football Academy).

I can't see that Rover's have a Youth/ development side that plays in any sort of league at all?

Any young player seems to get farmed out at the first opportunity to a step 3/4/5 side. Greenslade and Ward were at Hungerford where their "Successful" season ended in Hungerford's relegation from Conference South as the rock bottom team.

Not sure Joey has to many dealings with the under 18s of course, as he would probably not pass a DBS check . ??

39 minutes ago, Swede said:

. . . In Row M

I'm pretty sure that the "South Stand" is the new deluxe stand behind the goal that hasn't actually been built yet. It was very nice of Rovers to move a vulnerable 80 year old to a new seat in a stand that doesn't exist.

Judging by the seat ticket prices, they probably have made a few more quid out of it as well.?

12 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I know that the Gas don't actually have an Academy as such. But do their development squad actually play in any sort of league?

My eldest is in the SGS  Football Academy squad (coached by Dave Hockaday) and they play Bristol Rovers throughout the season (as well as other CAT 1, and CAT 2 Academy sides) as well as being in a league (Elite College Football Academy).

I can't see that Rover's have a Youth/ development side that plays in any sort of league at all?

Any young player seems to get farmed out at the first opportunity to a step 3/4/5 side. Greenslade and Ward were at Hungerford where their "Successful" season ended in Hungerford's relegation from Conference South as the rock bottom team.

Not sure Joey has to many dealings with the under 18s of course, as he would probably not pass a DBS check . ??

They have a dev/mini academy type squad that’s not in a league as far as I’m aware. Their academy was pretty awful and had no proper funding behind it, so  King Wael basically got rid of it all as he thought it didn’t warrant the money, and argued the catchment was great….. I mean, how stupid can you be. 

R Joe also banished all academy staff and players from the first team set up when they started poorly in L2. Lots of pretty talented academy staff left in droves soon after. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They have a dev/mini academy type squad that’s not in a league as far as I’m aware. Their academy was pretty awful and had no proper funding behind it, so  King Wael basically got rid of it all as he thought it didn’t warrant the money, and argued the catchment was great….. I mean, how stupid can you be. 

R Joe also banished all academy staff and players from the first team set up when they started poorly in L2. Lots of pretty talented academy staff left in droves soon after. 

Thanks @petehinton.

That is woeful on Rover's part isn't it?

A family club without any real academy/development pathway for it's young players. No wonder a load of them jump up into the midland's academies, at the first chance of the club getting a fee for them.

How the club thinks they will progress on the pitch whilst having to rebuild every single summer is beyond me. Surely you need the ability to build a squad over a number of years, whilst providing continuity and giving opportunities to younger players to step up.

If you're having to replace 12-15 players every season, you're relying on luck more than planning in order for it not to go completely wrong.

You can imagine whoever follows Barton, will look at the infrastructure of the club, and think this is a cluster####.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Thanks @petehinton.

A family club without any real academy/development pathway for it's young players. No wonder a load of them jump up into the midland's academies, at the first chance of the club getting a fee for them.

How the club thinks they will progress on the pitch whilst having to rebuild every single summer is beyond me. Surely you need the ability to build a squad over a number of years, whilst providing continuity and giving opportunities to younger players to step up.

If you're having to replace 12-15 players every season, you're relying on luck more than planning in order for it not to go completely wrong.

You can imagine whoever follows Barton, will look at the infrastructure of the club, and think this is a cluster####.

Exactly, been saying it for a few years now. Their model is completely ******. It really is. It’ll come home to roost at some point, maybe even this summer as they’re currently a week away from having a pre season with 16 senior pros…

Youre much better off at Exeter/us/staying at a RTC…or even at Weston tbh. Ryan Jones is a brilliant player they picked up from Weston but tbh I think they’ll stunt him due to lack of quality coaches, Barton won’t play him so he’ll just be shunted out on NLS loans again. 

I knew something wasn't making sense reading the last couple of pages until I realised that some people have confused the incident with an 80 year old man not renewing which happened now, with the old Henbury Gas story about the imaginary person who was (attacked?) at Ashton Gate and miraculously became a Rovers fan instead.

13 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

I knew something wasn't making sense reading the last couple of pages until I realised that some people have confused the incident with an 80 year old man not renewing which happened now, with the old Henbury Gas story about the imaginary person who was (attacked?) at Ashton Gate and miraculously became a Rovers fan instead.

Seem to remember that the FLO ended up speaking to the computer repair man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I forget her name now, but I think it was our resident female Police Officer, who used to post regularly on here.

Julie wasn't it ?

And the Henbury cretin couldn't/wouldn't give any details..

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I'm pretty sure that the "South Stand" is the new deluxe stand behind the goal that hasn't actually been built yet. It was very nice of Rovers to move a vulnerable 80 year old to a new seat in a stand that doesn't exist.

Judging by the seat ticket prices, they probably have made a few more quid out of it as well.?

The family club, indeed

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Julie wasn't it ?

And the Henbury cretin couldn't/wouldn't give any details..

Julie H isn't the Football liaison officer anymore, It's a guy called Tom Williams nowadays.

The gas have their own FLO, Mark Neal. So Henbury Gas could always have contacted him of course as well.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Julie H isn't the Football liaison officer anymore, It's a guy called Tom Williams nowadays.

The gas have their own FLO, Mark Neal. So Henbury Gas could always have contacted him of course as well.

Not in the same position but still works at City / Rovers games 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Thanks @petehinton.

Brentford ain't doing too shabby without an academy!