IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Oofff a 34 old CB who wanted to move closer to home, and a player who played for them 2 seasons ago who hardly played at all last season due to injury. Only 10 more to go for them!

If that doesn`t make the rest of the League sit up and take notice of the revolution going on in Horfield I don`t know what will. It`s probably the talk of the boardrooms at Pride Park and Oakwell.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

He looks like he is really, really looking forward to having it out with his agent.

he looks like that all the time,due to him being one of only few players to make it from the forest of dean and knowing his dad well i always wanted luke to do well.how things have changed the blonde headed tosser

• Haha 6

At least he seems well respected by Joey Bag…..

After the match, Thomas' manager Joey Barton criticised Thomas claiming that he "thinks the world owes him a favour" and that "if he doesn't get his finger out, this opportunity at Rovers is going to pass him by".[21] Barton continued with his criticism of Thomas the following day, claiming that the club had tried to terminate his loan in the summer, the same window in which Thomas had been signed after the player had stormed out of training a number of times in frustration.

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

After the match, Thomas' manager Joey Barton criticised Thomas claiming that he "thinks the world owes him a favour" and that "if he doesn't get his finger out, this opportunity at Rovers is going to pass him by".[21] Barton continued with his criticism of Thomas the following day, claiming that the club had tried to terminate his loan in the summer, the same window in which Thomas had been signed after the player had stormed out of training a number of times in frustration.

This is going to end well…?

From Bristol Live:

”Bristol Rovers are closing in on the signing of Jevani Brown on a free transfer, Bristol Live understands. The former Exeter City forward is due to stand trial next month for allegedly assaulting a woman. 

Brown is available following his release at League One rivals Exeter having been named the Grecians’ Player of the Year. He didn’t play for the club following his arrest on February 2 but did continue to train with the squad.

The 28-year-old has admitted one charge of assaulting a woman and pleaded not guilty to a second count regarding a different woman and will appear before Exeter Magistrates Court on July 7.”

Joey Barton had obviously decided to recruit players that fit his own image. Good signing for a family club 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

From Bristol Live:

”Bristol Rovers are closing in on the signing of Jevani Brown on a free transfer, Bristol Live understands. The former Exeter City forward is due to stand trial next month for allegedly assaulting a woman. 

Brown is available following his release at League One rivals Exeter having been named the Grecians’ Player of the Year. He didn’t play for the club following his arrest on February 2 but did continue to train with the squad.

The 28-year-old has admitted one charge of assaulting a woman and pleaded not guilty to a second count regarding a different woman and will appear before Exeter Magistrates Court on July 7.”

Joey Barton had obviously decided to recruit players that fit his own image. Good signing for a family club 

I’m sorry.

The only way this is defendable is if Rovers have a break clause that allows termination of the deal if he’s found guilty (and even then it’s borderline). I can get that they can move on the signing while other clubs wait, but surely they have to have that safeguard.

Whats more sickening is that Rovers are quite active in “her game too” and have worked towards inclusion, irrespective of their managers record. With his alleged assault, Mrs Barton didn’t back it up so you could - potentially - argue benefit of doubt (or gaslighting - was there ever a more apt word for how that “club” treat their fanbase). Here, the victim is going against Brown. They’re undoing any work they’ve done and are being seen to just pay lip service and be hypocrites.

They’ll be in for Greenwood next.

Vile, vile club.

(NB - we have an unfortunate bit of form here with Simpson, but to take a player on a week before a live court case is next level. I also think we wouldn’t make the Simpson decision again)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m sorry.

The only way this is defendable is if Rovers have a break clause that allows termination of the deal if he’s found guilty (and even then it’s borderline). I can get that they can move on the signing while other clubs wait, but surely they have to have that safeguard.

Whats more sickening is that Rovers are quite active in “her game too” and have worked towards inclusion, irrespective of their managers record. With his alleged assault, Mrs Barton didn’t back it up so you could - potentially - argue benefit of doubt (or gaslighting - was there ever a more apt word for how that “club” treat their fanbase). Here, the victim is going against Brown. They’re undoing any work they’ve done and are being seen to just pay lip service and be hypocrites.

Vile, vile club.

(NB - we have an unfortunate bit of form here with Simpson, but to take a player on a week before a live court case is next level. I also think we wouldn’t make the Simpson decision again)

He’s already admitted to assaulting one woman.

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m sorry.

Vile, vile club.

As you (rightly) point out, after Simpson we are in no position to mock here.

It does seem like a very, very, strange signing.

• Like 2

A chief scout who got off a charge of murdering a policeman, whereas his two fellow defendants, one of whom is Barton’s mate, got convicted.

A manager who has served a six month prison sentence for common assault & affray, got a further 4 month suspended sentence for ABH, was charged with assault & clearly got off because he wife wouldn’t give evidence & so wasn’t a credible witness. 18 month ban for betting on 44 matches whilst he was a player, too.

Now signing Brown, who pleaded guilty to assaulting one woman in March & goes on trial in 4 weeks accused of assaulting another.

For balance I really didn’t want us to sign Danny Simpson & still wish we hadn’t, but this is off the scale criminality in comparison, which will of course be ignored by the local media.

Truly vile outfit.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

To be fair, the player unfortunately suffers from a well documented mental health problem and, in fact, was very keen to make it clear that the proverbial kick up the backside he received from JB was just what he needed to get his footballing career back on track.

Football rivalry aside, I wish Luke Thomas the best of luck.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

A chief scout who got off a charge of murdering a policeman, whereas his two fellow defendants, one of whom is Barton’s mate, got convicted.

A manager who has served a six month prison sentence for common assault & affray, got a further 4 month suspended sentence for ABH, was charged with assault & clearly got off because he wife wouldn’t give evidence & so wasn’t a credible witness. 18 month ban for betting on 44 matches whilst he was a player, too.

Now signing Brown, who pleaded guilty to assaulting one woman in March & goes on trial in 4 weeks accused of assaulting another.

For balance I really didn’t want us to sign Danny Simpson & still wish we hadn’t, but this is off the scale criminality in comparison, which will of course be ignored by the local media.

Truly vile outfit.

I never heard any City fans making excuses for Simpson either.

A very unpopular signing for us.

Some Gasheads are clearly unhappy about this so they’re not all wrong uns.

43 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Suppose this makes it all ok ??‍♂️

Couldn’t care less , if he scores goals and plays well , happy days. It’s not like any of us supporters of the club are going to invite him around for dinner and be friends.

Who cares if he assaults women…as long as he scores goals “happy days” ?‍♂️

Some of them are proper sinister oddballs 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

As you (rightly) point out, after Simpson we are in no position to mock here.

It does seem like a very, very, strange signing.

I’m not condoning Simpson signing at all, however this is worlds apart. 

He’s currently suspended from playing football by his club. He admitted to assaulting a women THREE MONTHS AGO and is due in court for another assault. What happens if found guilty there too? Just shrug it off presumably because they’ve nailed the flag to him already. 

Absolutely vile club ran by vile humans. He’s Barton’s signing, but don’t forgot Gormidge and Wael the nodding dogs signed this off too.

All to probably finish lower mid table again. Vile *****. There’ll be an almighty backlash when it’s made official by the fans with brain cells. 

Bet the gas head founder of Her Game Too is delighted. 

• Like 4

So he was suspended by Exeter whilst awaiting trial.

Then when he pleaded guilty to assaulting the woman he was sacked.

Even though he's on trial for a 2nd assault, Rovers feel that this is a signing worthy of their reputation as a family club.

I'm guessing the #metoo brigade at the club are 100% in agreement as well.

I'm sure I called this transfer a few months ago (There are better people than me on this forum that can do a proper check). But hoped in my heart (rather than head) that Rovers would do the right thing of course.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 4