IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

New owner lookes as unhappy holding the shirt as most of their new signings :(

DSC07777-16.jpg

Kn'ell.

Is that a shirt or the tent cover for their "new" stand?

If it's a shirt, the size has gotta be a 4x extra large.

Are they hoping to lure Razor Ruddock out of retirement?

Hairshirt too, which seems appropriate.

Edited by Bazooka Joe

11 minutes ago, chowie said:

Haha, looks at Gas Chat, they say these are his companies https://www.foodco-kw.com

3 restaurants, of which one is a franchise... (Quiznos is like another version of a Subway in US).

Bought in for 'expertise' so sounds like the food offerings at Membley are going up a notch. 

Are we sure he hasn't been brought in to sort out those cheesy chips, out of date crisps and the fake fanta? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenred said:

I’ve just been up past the slum on the lunchtime dog walk and the good news is that they have already ordered the new owners’ deluxe seating for the directors box and it’s just been delivered, alongside some seats for the new stand that match the other areas of the ground. 

IMG_3705.jpeg

Wow ! Looks like the new sucker investor is already splashing the cash.

The local rag'n'bone man must be raking it in.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TomF said:

And also the thick ***** still can't get it through their thick skulls that if they added up all the threads they had over there about us then they'd have equal if not more.  It's just its kept in one super big thread on here so people who don't want to read about them can. 

There have been days where sagchat has had more topics about City than Rovers on its front page. 

@TomF regale us of the tale of the city relegation party thread on their old forum,

Gather round the campfire children as this one is a doosey 

Edited by Monkeh

2 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

Oh Christ, Steve’s come out of the woodwork look ?

47 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I'm not sure why any City fan should care that much to be honest, they're irrelevant. Part of me actually wants them to get promoted, get a better ground so we can have a proper derby for a change. It's down to them to get their arse in gear and play us on the pitch, but they're usually all mouth so I'm not sure why any of us lot should be bothered.

NEVER want to play them again !

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm not sure that is the case

This thread gets pages of comments every time they play a game too

Pages? 
Really? Maybe for a 5-0 defeat at Morecombe but now you’re exaggerating like a Saghead.

Fact is, if they were a normal club doing normal club things and existing without constantly shooting themselves in both feet with an elephant gun any piss take thread like this would’ve died out years ago.

38 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Look good luck to em , albeit BAD but really do we have to have this on our site , I know the piss take is hard to give up especially after over 23 years of it but there’s generations of our fans who have never seen em play and we can’t really describe em as rivals much like notts forest and notts county - forest rivals are derby ? The blue few or without their stand fewer are really irrelevant to us ( even I have jumped on here after a few ciders on a sat ) but really **** em we don’t even need to know what their up to , not even if they break their record signing of Andy Tilson in 1992 :laugh: . PLEASE dump this blog 

You’ve added to this thread plenty of times.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, chowie said:

Haha, looks at Gas Chat, they say these are his companies https://www.foodco-kw.com

3 restaurants, of which one is a franchise... (Quiznos is like another version of a Subway in US).

Bought in for 'expertise' so sounds like the food offerings at Membley are going up a notch. 

Would you like chips with that?

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet you get Sags like this wondering why this thread is as long as it is.

image.thumb.png.4955a34a87581d1e212ec100b68c323a.png

Is it just me that hasn't missed the irony of a gashead saying we are obsessed, but they've been on our forum to check?

Message for saggie, stop giving us ammunition and this monster will die but you keep cocking up!!

31 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Pages? 
Really? Maybe for a 5-0 defeat at Morecombe but now you’re exaggerating like a Saghead.

Fact is, if they were a normal club doing normal club things and existing without constantly shooting themselves in both feet with an elephant gun any piss take thread like this would’ve died out years ago.

You’ve added to this thread plenty of times.

Is that not what I said usually after a few natches 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, TomF said:

You mean the one so big it crashed the forum back in day and had to be deleted.. oh yes 

Ahh the Oh yes thread…

It wasn’t just our relegation though was it? It was just there to celebrate every time someone scored a goal against us.

Imagine what they’d be like if we got relegated to Non League by a team wearing our kit? ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redkev said:

Mine is getting relegated by a team wearing your kit , nothing will ever top that for me 

but the Wycombe celebrations the week before come mightily close 

I can still hear those chants ringing in my ears 

THE GAS ARE STAYING UP - THE GAS ARE STAYING UP

Nothing will top that for me either. I was laughing so hard at work yesterday reading all the comments, I had to explain myself to my staff. As Americans, I had to start with the basic stuff, the football pyramid, relegation and promotion, derby matches, etc... but once i laid the foundations and started telling them all the funny rovers stories I could think of, I had them all in stitches as well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Loads of reasons. Would take far too long to explain, but wanting us to go under so that they could steal Ashton Gate would be top.

Hopefully they’ll drop back out of the football league at some point and shut the door on the way out. Gone never to return, let alone another derby with their family supporters trashing our ground. No thanks. Tada Tinpot.

This. One million times. I will never, ever stop hating them for what they tried to do back then

Never forgive, never forget.

• Like 11
  • Flames 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, 2015 said:

I'm not sure why any City fan should care that much to be honest, they're irrelevant. Part of me actually wants them to get promoted, get a better ground so we can have a proper derby for a change. It's down to them to get their arse in gear and play us on the pitch, but they're usually all mouth so I'm not sure why any of us lot should be bothered.

I completely agree with you, if it wasn't for having friends following them I'd not be aware of the majority of what goes on up the road but 3289 pages on here would indicate differently, sadly there is a large number that do obsess over them and vice versa 

It still amazes me the number of people you hear asking about their result on the way out of the ground etc 

Just now, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Don’t want them to go bust as who will we extract the urine out of then?  Relegation to the Toolstation will suffice 

Why worry about them at all? 

Let them disappear completely and focus solely on us 

28 minutes ago, New2City said:

Nothing will top that for me either. I was laughing so hard at work yesterday reading all the comments, I had to explain myself to my staff. As Americans, I had to start with the basic stuff, the football pyramid, relegation and promotion, derby matches, etc... but once i laid the foundations and started telling them all the funny rovers stories I could think of, I had them all in stitches as well. 

They also got some issues with that as well.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Look good luck to em , albeit BAD but really do we have to have this on our site , I know the piss take is hard to give up especially after over 23 years of it but there’s generations of our fans who have never seen em play and we can’t really describe em as rivals much like notts forest and notts county - forest rivals are derby ? The blue few or without their stand fewer are really irrelevant to us ( even I have jumped on here after a few ciders on a sat ) but really **** em we don’t even need to know what their up to , not even if they break their record signing of Andy Tilson in 1992 :laugh: . PLEASE dump this blog 

Alright Maggsie. You still get up the Masonic mate? Have to agree. Think the youth get on here biggin it up as many have never seen Brizzle derbies like us. We was there when it was a proper derby with real hatred etc, whereas nowadays it is just a piss take. Personally, me thinks a Brizzle derby is a good thing for the city but that would only happen as a Div 1 game IMO.

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Blimey, not £500k!!!

288DCE99-C2E8-4642-A547-33F7B5436BD7.jpeg

I have never cared for fast cars and big houses but reckon that could strangely change very quickly if I won the lottery.....

I reckon they should hang on to any spare £500k in case they need it to look after their own fans and visiting fans better whilst the stand fiasco plays out.