IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Always makes me smile when home fans get narked at people having the temerity to cheer on the other side. I'm sure most of us have done it over the years- **** em.

Happens everywhere.

I remember when Wolves scored a late winner at AG in a top table game and their manager had been sent off (Portugeezer, can't remember his name) and went nuts in the directors area. He got a lot of stick and told to tone it down. It was a top of the table game and he was entitled to "explode" - and he did. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Happens everywhere.

I remember when Wolves scored a late winner at AG in a top table game and their manager had been sent off (Portugeezer, can't remember his name) and went nuts in the directors area. He got a lot of stick and told to tone it down. It was a top of the table game and he was entitled to "explode" - and he did. 

Nuno Santo.

Funny you mention that on here, my Rovers mate thought it was absolutely superb and couldn't have liked it any more, yet he was virtually crying that the Plymouth manager made a gesture towards his lot and he was fuelled with rage about it.  

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Happens everywhere.

It was Nuno Santo, who had been sent off and 'banished' to the Directors Box.

One of the people giving him stick and telling him (quite vehemently) to calm down was our ex-manager, Alan Dicks.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Happens everywhere.

Many years back (unfortunately :( ) my wife decided to surprise me with hospitality treatment for my 40th birthday. It was a lovely thought, but she showed her lack of football knowledge by getting 4 tickets for me and three mates for the away match at Swindon :facepalm: which fell on the day after my birthday. 

It was all fine and we were keeping our heads down until Lee Peacock scored a screamer of a free kick to win the game. It was only after we went to sit down that we realised we had provoked something of a reaction amongst the home supporters near the hospitality seats, and stewards were removing two or three angry looking Swindle fans pointing wildly at us. ?

https://youtu.be/vYW8eAWR5us

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The odd thing about Joey (ok, there may be more than one) is that all other managers would be saying 'this is a great win but there is much more to do, we will stay grounded and focus on the next game, taking them one at a time'.

Nope, not JB, he is already planning his tactics for the Man City home game in 2026.

Correct. Rovers are not heading for promotion or relegation, they are a mid table league 1, with a Screwfix stadium. Joey just can’t help himself.

Good result for Rovers against a decent club. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Winning away with an added time goal……….:cool2:

Does anyone think that the Gas are copying us?

Of the two, Charlton are the bigger club and are bigger than City, with home attendances in excess of yours last season in a lower league. 

Impressive results for BRFC against three teams who will be in the top half of L1, and almost certainly promotion contenders. 

A win away against Millwall is also quite impressive, I'll give you that. However, the fact they are play-off contenders reflects badly on the Championship. 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

So he's basically taking the piss out of us , saying that in the next two years we won't be going up ? What a cheeky smeggy stinking *** he is ! I would say   fair enough IF we were both both inthe Championship, but...........**** I Him and Trump aught to get an island somewhere and bore each other rigid !

To be fair, JB has bigger fish to fry. He was a PL player who was capped by England. Let's be honest - before he became Rovers manager, he was barely aware of your existence. 

9 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Correct. Rovers are not heading for promotion or relegation, they are a mid table league 1, with a Screwfix stadium. Joey just can’t help himself.

To be frank, I think this is a shit-or-bust season for them. New funds from the new majority sucker, er, investor, have clearly been spent and this will give them a better chance of reaching the play-offs than last season. They aren't one of the best trio of teams in that division by any means, but as we know of old, they can be spawny - not to say, cheaty - gits. 

Thing is, I don't think this Kuwaiti is exactly loaded by football owner standards. He's not Sheikh Yermoney. He may even have less than old Wally. 

If no real news is forthcoming on the Stadium of Prunes, crowds will continue to be low - particularly with the tent-gate fiasco - and the Gas's unsustainable business model ("make it up as you go along") will come crashing down.  They'll go from one of the wealthier clubs in the third tier, to having to manage on a Stevenage or Cheltenham type budget. 

• Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Of the two, Charlton are the bigger club and are bigger than City, with home attendances in excess of yours last season in a lower league. 

Impressive results for BRFC against three teams who will be in the top half of L1, and almost certainly promotion contenders. 

A win away against Millwall is also quite impressive, I'll give you that. However, the fact they are play-off contenders reflects badly on the Championship. 

Historically Charlton are a bigger club, not sure what that has got to do with anything?

Last season they averaged about 7k lower than us.

So unlike a Gashead to get his numbers ridiculously wrong eh ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

What a one-sided hugely biased post trying to pretend your not a gashead..

You are a league below, your results share no parity. Remember where you are and have been for a very long time.

5 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

If that was the criterion, West Ham and Spurs are bigger than Man City.  It isn't though. We're in a higher division, that makes us by default a "bigger" club. If we'd been pushing for promotion, rather than looking to consolidate a mid-table inconsistent side, maybe we'd have bigger crowds. Historically, I'm not disputing Charlton have towered above both Bristol teams.

Also not disputing it was a good three points for you.

9 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I know you Rovers fan really struggle with numbers but 20,000 City is much more than 13,000 Charlton

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Historically Charlton are a bigger club, not sure what that has got to do with anything?

Last season they averaged about 7k lower than us.

So unlike a Gashead to get his numbers ridiculously wrong eh ?

Beat me to it ?

11 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Maths isn't your strong point is it. City's average attendance was a full 7,000 higher than Charlton's. 15er in lying about attendances shocker :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Charlton averaged 13.4K last season. 

Ours was 20.5k.

Not sure what planet you are on but it isn’t the same as everyone else. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Dear oh dear. You gAssholes really have no idea do you. I bet you were one of the fewers who've been banging on about how roverzzz had a full house on Saturday...!!!

Muppett.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Maths isn't your strong point is it. City's average attendance was a full 7,000 higher than Charlton's. 15er in lying about attendances shocker :laugh:

Haha indeed..The last time Charlton averaged 20,000 at home was in the championship in 2008/09.

What is it about the sags and attendances man, they really are obsessed and then can’t even get their facts correct. It is laughable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hot Air said:
24 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

League One 2022/2023 » Attendance » Home matches (worldfootball.net)

Championship 2022/2023 » Attendance » Home matches (worldfootball.net)

Where is your source ?

According to World Football, our average was 20,351 last season, Charlton 15,634 with 2015 coming in at 8,907 ?

Typical, stereotypical Asshead, lying about attendances, as usual.

Edited by The Gasbuster

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

League One 2023/2024 » Attendance » Home matches (worldfootball.net)

Championship 2022/2023 » Attendance » Home matches (worldfootball.net)

Where is your source ?

According to World Football, our average was 20,351 last season, Charlton 15,634 with 2015 coming in at 7,929 ?

Typical, stereotypical Asshead, lying about attendances, as usual.

He's either the same person who claimed our average gates have stalled at 13-15k or he has just accepted those figures as fact because they suit his argument.

28 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

W.T.F. do you know about the Championship ?

Your tinpot outfit has not been in the Championship for 30 years 

Asshead

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

To be fair, JB has bigger fish to fry. He was a PL player who was capped by England. Let's be honest - before he became Rovers manager, he was barely aware of your existence. 

So you are saying your hero knows nothing about Championship teams? What does that say about his knowledge of poor L1 sides?.....

I guess he has been rather busy dealing with all his legal troubles over the years!

Just to recap, from wiki:-

On 20 May 2008, he was sentenced to six months' imprisonment for common assault and affray during an incident in Liverpool City Centre.[3] Barton served 74 days of this prison term, being released on 28 July 2008.[4] On 1 July 2008, he was also given a four-month suspended sentence after admitting assault occasioning actual bodily harm on former teammate Ousmane Dabo during a training-ground dispute on 1 May 2007.[5] This incident effectively ended his Manchester City career.[6] Barton has been charged with violent conduct three times by The Football Association: for the assault on Dabo,[7] for punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the stomach[8] and for attacking three players on the final day of the 2011–12 season.[9]

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Many years back (unfortunately :( ) my wife decided to surprise me with hospitality treatment for my 40th birthday. It was a lovely thought, but she showed her lack of football knowledge by getting 4 tickets for me and three mates for the away match at Swindon :facepalm: which fell on the day after my birthday. 

It was all fine and we were keeping our heads down until Lee Peacock scored a screamer of a free kick to win the game. It was only after we went to sit down that we realised we had provoked something of a reaction amongst the home supporters near the hospitality seats, and stewards were removing two or three angry looking Swindle fans pointing wildly at us. ?

https://youtu.be/vYW8eAWR5us

I think I watched the 'bristol view' highlights of that game yesterday. They're quite a bit longer.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AmXPmghC7eU&feature=share7

• Thanks 1