IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

As temping as it is, we’d just be dropping to the level of moderation over there when our fans sign up.   Am sure they’ll get bored soon enough 

Lookout for the post on asschat where this poster starts gloating about winding up the Ted's and how we are all raging

When in fact they are entertaining us with new found levels on stupidity, stupidity that makes your average American look like Einstein 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You'd think the wise Scouse philosopher would know that it's "obliged", not ****** "obligated". Thick, whey faced rat.

The only thing missing from Barton's tweet there is:-

"But you can listen to my views on tomorrow's game anytime on my subscriber only account"

He's basically not talking to the Post as it makes him no money.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Social media blooper.....joining a sinking ship!.... ???‍♂️?

7B609DA7-36C6-41DE-986B-088C15B343F1.png

Oh dear. Where do you begin with that?

I assume they went on the web looking for a character whose name is Jack or Hunt.

Should have gone for Ethan Hunt, that would have looked fantastic as the tag line they have used in the picture (pushing for promotion) would have been followed with 'Mission Impossible'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, maxjak said:

I See the Gas are considering recruiting an Ex of ours......... Jack Hunt? Who i believe has been released by Sheff Wed?   He is one player I would not wish on my worst enemy!   Though when i come to think of it?...............he'd be a perfect fit for them!!

Jack Hunt has been released more time than the hounds on the Simpsons !!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

......He's basically not talking to the Post as it makes him no money.

I thought he told everyone he was loaded. Down to his last £20m or something?

There is something rotten about fleecing supporters for information his employer should be making freely available.

He has criticised his goal keeper for not being a team player then makes money as an individual from club info?

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Now we know why the gAss are begging their fans to sign up to the no pot to piss in scheme at £2 per week. They’re nicking all our scouts ?

IMG_1499.thumb.jpeg.b1fe28a43b31985b0621bb2d9b1958f9.jpeg

I’ve been youth scouting across Bristol & NS for about 3 years now and can comfortably say I’ve never seen a Rovers scout anywhere. To the point where I’m not even sure they have any ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation.

"It's only my willpower to keep this thing in operation,

But it's going to crash that's for certain, the Captain's to busy flirting, and he ain't there's a bomb down there, and if he don't do something it's curtains" :)

https://youtu.be/ipm2wm5Exik

Probably won’t be popular for saying it but with the signings of players like George Fiend, Jack Hunt and Harvey Vale and with the likes of Scott Sinclair already onboard I think that unfortunately Rovers could do well this season. The team certainly looks a lot stronger than this time last year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Redland said:

Probably won’t be popular for saying it but with the signings of players like George Fiend, Jack Hunt and Harvey Vale and with the likes of Scott Sinclair already onboard I think that unfortunately Rovers could do well this season. The team certainly looks a lot stronger than this time last year.

Decent 5 year ago, not now

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Redland said:

Will be expensive for them too. Got a feeling they are going for it this season will be shit or bust. Hope they fail miserably. 

6 minutes ago, Redland said:

I agree they 'look stronger' when you look at the names. However, it's a bloody long season mostly 2 games a week and sometimes more. The older legs are unlikely to sustain playing that amount of games and older players pick up knocks and take so much longer to recover (speaking from experience). If you scratch under the surface of their best 14 players it isn't good at all. Let's be honest even the top 14 aren't that great. 

I'm looking forward to it all falling apart yet again and laughing along with all like minded City fans on here.

• Like 4

Are they doing the loans again? So young players on loan and contracts for the oldies?

It is a risky strategy. It will be important to have a strong squad ethic and not one that splits into cliques. They could easily have the youngsters talking in their group about their parent clubs dreams whilst the oldies are all on the physio couch discussing the merits of schools in the area and how many more seasons their legs will last.

Having such a bully for a boss doesn't bode well for bonding any of them, but if they get promoted then fair enough. We will still have a gold mine of laughs to refer to and their team will essentially reset to bare bones when the loans expire.

Just now, Open End Numb Legs said:

Are they doing the loans again? So young players on loan and contracts for the oldies?

It is a risky strategy. It will be important to have a strong squad ethic and not one that splits into cliques. They could easily have the youngsters talking in their group about their parent clubs dreams whilst the oldies are all on the physio couch discussing the merits of schools in the area and how many more seasons their legs will last.

Having such a bully for a boss doesn't bode well for bonding any of them, but if they get promoted then fair enough. We will still have a gold mine of laughs to refer to and their team will essentially reset to bare bones when the loans expire.

It worked for Plymouth to be fair