IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

46 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Surely an agent works on behalf of his client (ie the player). However, as been pointed out several times on GasChat, the  player was absolutely desperate to sign up for the gas. Therefore its difficult to see why the agent would deliberately ruin the deal. I’m sure somebody on GasChat will be able to explain this to the other inbreds.

It's easy, the agent must be a s***head!

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It’s 100% rovers, apparently they were less than a minute over and didn’t bother submitting the 15 minute extension 

Wrong. The extension needs to be submitted 15 minutes before the deadline. Wish it was true but someone’s lying to you.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

11 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Wrong. The extension needs to be submitted 15 minutes before the deadline. Wish it was true but someone’s lying to you.

They may not have applied for the extension, 15 minutes before the deadline, but then may have overrun the deadline, albeit by less than one minute. That being the case, I put it to you that @Lrrr  is speaking the truth m'lud.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Yeah as rudolph explained it, the point being if you thought you might be tight on the deadline why not submit the request anyway, to then be over the deadline by less than a minute and having not bothered to request the extension is just incompetence 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

i think its just another of those big wooly hats they keep pulling over the fans eyes. no way on this earth would they at least double their transfer record on one player. they just dont spend more than a tenner in one go

Exactly this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

It makes you wonder if they thought it was a midnight deadline. What were they doing for those few hours? Was there something good on TV?

They didn't apply for an extension until 23.20, which is 20 minutes after the deadline.

Either they didn't realise it was a 23.00 deadline and were working on a midnight deadline or they were just totally incompetent.

Or both, which is probably correct.

Whatever, another tinpot cock up, the latest in a very long line.

I wondered if they were still working on their conspiracy theories over there, but seem to be busy trying to persuade themselves that playing goal shy Cheltenham in the Papa Smurfs trophy is a big game.

I notice they don't play their "guess the crowd" game for this one eh @Rudolf Hucker? Didn't they have under 1000 for one of these games last season, and then tried to pretend it was because they were boycotting it. 

On 02/09/2023 at 19:45, petehinton said:

this is very damning and shows just how amateur they really are over there. Embarrasssing

Unlucky da Gas.

The crafty owner pulls the Wael over the gullible Fewers' eyes again.

He was never going to shell out three Tillsons, even though he claims to be a Tillsonaire.

"Now be a good man and fetch my clubs, Al Qadi.

Fore ! "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I wondered if they were still working on their conspiracy theories over there, but seem to be busy trying to persuade themselves that playing goal shy Cheltenham in the Papa Smurfs trophy is a big game.

I notice they don't play their "guess the crowd" game for this one eh @Rudolf Hucker? Didn't they have under 1000 for one of these games last season, and then tried to pretend it was because they were boycotting it. 

Yer but no but, yer we was boycottin it or summat !

• Like 1

• Admin

Maybe someone left a zero off the text to Wally - ‘JCH for £80,000 ‘.

Wally - ‘Great sign him’

22:48, signature going on document Wally notices the extra zero added in £800,000 and wages that would cost him the best part of a very nice watch a week…… suddenly his pen runs out of ink!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yeah, boycotting the tournament because of the presence of Premier League U21 teams. Of course, it matters not that they try to loan as many Premier League U21’s as possible, so as to reduce the average age of their first team to the low 30’s. 

They’re playing Cheltenham who haven’t yet scored a goal this season. Let’s hope that run ends tonight!

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Yeah, boycotting the tournament because of the presence of Premier League U21 teams. Of course, it matters not that they try to loan as many Premier League U21’s as possible, so as to reduce the average age of their first team to the low 30’s. 

They’re playing Cheltenham who haven’t yet scored a goal this season. Let’s hope that run ends tonight!

15 quid to stand on a decrepit stand or 20 quid to sit on a patio chair. Unbelievable prices

22 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

15 quid to stand on a decrepit stand or 20 quid to sit on a patio chair. Unbelievable prices

Yes, my brother is coming up for the Plymouth game and his senior ticket in the Lansdown was £36 which took me back a little, but when you compare it to those prices it suddenly looks quite reasonable!

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

They do seem to have a problem with dates and times. Planning permission - months late. Transfer registration - they had all summer.

I thought Wael had a nice watch?

Reminds me of the episode of Porridge, when Judge Rawley gave Fletch his expensive wristwatch and Harris had nicked the works out of it...?

Perhaps Jailbird Joe has done the same to Wally.

Not that I have any sympathy but they do accept some rubbish from their club.

Demolished a tent structure (whatever was there) didn't sort out the planning permission for a promised new stand ready for the new season. Only building a glorified bus stop and the paperwork isn't through.

Their manager has self imposed a ban on local media for apparent bias conveniently after he sets up a paywall subscription to release sensitive club information i.e transfers himself.

They make out they are going to break their record fee to apparently not get the admin through on time.

It's a circus over there and I love it!

• Like 3